Tempered Glass Screws

Sam.MP4
Go to solution Solved by JB25304,
9 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Is finger tight a good length?

Finger tight is always a good rule of thumb if you are unsure, as long as you can actually screw it in enough for the screw to do its job. 

Looking at a pic of your case, it looks like the panel is held on by 4 thumb screws in the corners.  If that is the case, finger tight is the way to go.

I have a question about the screws and the tempered glass side panel. I have a Thermaltake V200 RGB and for the glass side panel it has four screws. Can I accidentally crack it by tightening the screws too tight?

Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 XC Ultra 16 GB of Corsair Vengence Gigbyte B450 Aorus Pro EVGA Supernova 650 G3 Thermaltake V200 TG RGB 

1 minute ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Can I accidentally crack it by tightening the screws too tight?

Yes. If by crack you mean shatter in to a thousand pieces.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Yes. If by crack you mean shatter in to a thousand pieces.

Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 XC Ultra 16 GB of Corsair Vengence Gigbyte B450 Aorus Pro EVGA Supernova 650 G3 Thermaltake V200 TG RGB 

9 minutes ago, Sam.MP4 said:

Finger tight is always a good rule of thumb if you are unsure, as long as you can actually screw it in enough for the screw to do its job. 

Looking at a pic of your case, it looks like the panel is held on by 4 thumb screws in the corners.  If that is the case, finger tight is the way to go.

Just don't do what I did and lose one of your case screws :( my meshify c only has 3 out of 4 now...

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey