Galaxy Tab 4 7'' T230 Android upgrade? (root)

Hey, so It's pretty simple: I want to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7 inch version (T230) to at least Android 7.0 but I'm struggling to find any proof whether or not it will work.

There are a bunch of custom ROMs for Tab 3, including Lineage OS (which is what I was aiming for, but it doesn't support Tab 4 apparently), however, nothing trustworthy for Tab 4.

If anyone could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated! :) 

3 hours ago, Darkseth said:

CyanogenMod probably? https://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-4/development/sm-t230-nu-unofficial-cm-11-based-t3648887

Most Roms for the T230 seems to be on KitKat, so this might be your best bet.

Yeah I'm disappointed to see that it only really gets to 5.1. Was hoping that I could slap sth newer to get better app support. Tablet is not gonna be used for heavy tasks anyways. Thanks anyways! 

Well, it's a fairly old Device with limited Hardware (1.5gb Ram is not that much) with a Marvel SoC.
It's not a Qualcom, so drivers for Custom Roms might be a Problem (same with Mediatek), one Reason why noone made any more Custom Roms.

Also the Reason, why there's almost no Custom Roms for any Huawei device, because of their Kirin CPU, and Huawei often locking the Bootloader.

If you might need an Upgrade for the Future (Example, some Apps don't run anymore on 4,4/5,1), might look into a (used) T580 Samsung A10,1, i've seen it for 139€ during some Deals.

Also, more modern, T510 or T590 are solid ones too. But could be more expensive.

16 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Well, it's a fairly old Device with limited Hardware (1.5gb Ram is not that much) with a Marvel SoC.
It's not a Qualcom, so drivers for Custom Roms might be a Problem (same with Mediatek), one Reason why noone made any more Custom Roms.

Also the Reason, why there's almost no Custom Roms for any Huawei device, because of their Kirin CPU, and Huawei often locking the Bootloader.

If you might need an Upgrade for the Future (Example, some Apps don't run anymore on 4,4/5,1), might look into a (used) T580 Samsung A10,1, i've seen it for 139€ during some Deals.

Also, more modern, T510 or T590 are solid ones too. But could be more expensive.

Thanks for the input. I've been just trying to give the old tab some purpose...not to throw it away. ? Looks like apart from browser usage and playback of offline media it's not gonna provide much more.