TWO FREE Games at EG Valued at $31.99 on Steam November 7th + FREE Game at EG Valued at $19.99 November 14th

Paul Rudd

Nuclear Throne is FREE right now at the Epic Games store.

nucthr.gif.f565827cda9d0bab3fc6f3e7a5ecc39c.gif

It is valued at $11.99 on Steam here... Nuclear Throne. 7,744 Overwhelmingly Positive reviews.

Ruiner is FREE right now at the Epic Games store.

ruin.gif.7654516b024147781a72f31e53320d22.gif

It is valued at $19.99 on Steam here... RUINER. 5,222 Very Positive reviews.

The Messenger will be FREE at the Epic Games store NEXT THURSDAY, November 14th.

messs.png.jpg.b5fdcb13e55218e86fa4789948d3e033.jpg

Steam link... The Messenger. It is valued at $19.99 on Steam. Been trying to play this game for over a year now, THANK YOU EPIC!

Is Epic just going to give away the entire Devolver lineup? Haven't heard of The Messenger, since it's an action platformer I'll probably hate it. Though after getting infuriated with Celeste I discovered my Xbox controllers thumbstick doesn't give diagonal inputs, it goes x then y, so I basically couldn't do any of the required diagonal jumps and dashes.

#Muricaparrotgang

28 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Is Epic just going to give away the entire Devolver lineup?

Hope so, I like Devolver games a lot. Have you played Ruiner? It's a really good game. So is Nuclear Throne, which basically paved the way for games like NeuroVoider and Enter The Gungeon(another Devolver game).

Haven't heard of The Messenger, since it's an action platformer I'll probably hate it.

I'm a sucker for action platformers. It's basically a modern day Ninja Gaiden. And if you're into NES games or awesome level soundtracks, you should like it.

I discovered my Xbox controllers thumbstick doesn't give diagonal inputs, it goes x then y

Is it the Xbox One controller? I recently discovered a fix(literally 2 days ago) for if your sticks are slightly not returning to their original positions causing whichever side it gets "slightly stuck" on, the camera or movement is slowly moving in that direction, if that makes any sense. I fixed it by using just a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. You dip the q-tip right into it and then just put the end of it all around the inside of the stick while moving the stick in all directions, working that alcohol down in there. It worked perfectly and now my sticks return to their original positions. So no more camera moving. Feels like a brand new controller now. 

10 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Hope so, I like Devolver games a lot. Have you played Ruiner? It's a really good game. So is Nuclear Throne, which basically paved the way for games like NeuroVoider and Enter The Gungeon(another Devolver game).

I'm a sucker for action platformers. It's basically a modern day Ninja Gaiden. And if you're into NES games or awesome level soundtracks, you should like it.

Is it the Xbox One controller? I recently discovered a fix(literally 2 days ago) for if your sticks are slightly not returning to their original positions causing whichever side it gets "slightly stuck" on, the camera or movement is slowly moving in that direction, if that makes any sense. I fixed it by using just a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. You dip the q-tip right into it and then just put the end of it all around the inside of the stick while moving the stick in all directions, working that alcohol down in there. It worked perfectly and now my sticks return to their original positions. So no more camera moving. Feels like a brand new controller now. 

I tried Nuclear Throne. Audio issues. Haven't tried to mess with anything and just went on to Ruiner, which is fun, but the lack of any kind of voice acting and very quiet world sounds is a bit disappointing. If you're going to do text only, maybe don't have cutscenes that are acted out and just do stills or something. It's really weird. The aiming of weapons also seems inaccurate to both the laser and the targeting reticule, so I've decided to just stick with the pipe. There is a cheat code system that lets you add in some modifiers, so that could be fun.

So I just googled Hyper Light Drifter since I also had audio issues with that, and it's on the GameMaker engine just like Nuclear Throne. Seems like GameMaker just doesn't like my setup for some reason. I saw on Steam a few people saying GameMaker even in the actual engine isn't working properly on some systems. Although they were talking about Asus Xonar sound cards, and I'm just running my audio straight through the GPU and Nvidia driver... might try the sound card, on board, and monitor speakers to see if any of them work.

*Also, I emailed the HLD devs twice and never got a single thing in response, so that's cool.

I'd love to like action platformers, but I just suck ass at them. Ori and the Blind Forest I wish I liked, and aside from the platforming I do, but it just got too platformy and started requiring more precise jumps than I care to deal with. Which is why Axiom Verge surprised me, because I actually rather liked it, though it's not actually a "platformer" per se. The End is Nigh and Super Meat Boy I also tried for maybe half an hour before just giving up and moving on.

It is, the issue is that when you give a diagonal input, instead of moving on the x and y axis at the same time, it does one and then the other. So in Celeste every time I tried to do a diagonal dash I'd get pissed off because it would either go up or sideways, so it was literally impossible to complete. I've had it apart before because I spilled something on it, but I didn't clean the thumbstick... thing.

#Muricaparrotgang

21 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

it just got too platformy and started requiring more precise jumps than I care to deal with.

Mega Man. Play them. Complete them. Then go to any platformer and you'll dominate.

22 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Super Meat Boy I also tried for maybe half an hour before just giving up and moving on.

I've played quite a bit of Super Meat Boy and got very far into the game. There's a point where you have to play levels over and over until your muscle memory sinks into place and allows you to proceed. Love it.

23 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

the issue is that when you give a diagonal input, instead of moving on the x and y axis at the same time, it does one and then the other.

That's weird. How long have you had it? Might be time to find a fix for that on YouTube(that's where I found the fix for my issue).

14 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Mega Man. Play them. Complete them. Then go to any platformer and you'll dominate.

I've played quite a bit of Super Meat Boy and got very far into the game. There's a point where you have to play levels over and over until your muscle memory sinks into place and allows you to proceed. Love it.

That's weird. How long have you had it? Might be time to find a fix for that on YouTube(that's where I found the fix for my issue).

I hate Mega Man.

I hate that too.

I mostly use it for racing games that are arcadey or don't support my steering wheel, and the left and right works fine enough for that. It was after Celeste was released and I rage quit it. For some reason I was looking at the inputs of the controller in the browser a week or two later and noticed it was acting funny...

Thinking about it, I think it was when I was trying to unsuccessfully hack Driver San Francisco to work with my wheel by finding button input names. What a shame that game doesn't support wheels, it actually has a really fun handling system.

#Muricaparrotgang