Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TGGE

is there a way to have a video open up when you open up a specific folder?

Posted · Original PosterOP

First of all sorry if this is in the wrong place.

So as the title says if I have a folder that is named music for instance could I have a specific music video like attached as if to say to the folder so that that when I double click on the folder it opens up said attached video? sorry if this is random just came to my head when I was thinking about something XD.

Not really. You'd have to somehow disguise a video and make it look like a folder.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Dell AT101 GYUM97SK with white Alps and Lite-on SK-2002 keycaps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

Well, I don't know if this would work, but AHK script that opens video file if it's present in the folder. However I don't know what would trigger it. AFAIK there's no action/event when you browse to a folder using file explorer (using console you could use "cd *" as trigger perhaps).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It is possible using script in DO filemanager, but i'm pretty sure you don't want to buy expensive program just for that. And programming skills are required too.

Posted · Original PosterOP

thanks guys I appreciate all the responses I will look into it more! :)