Is it possible to fix ram which cause pc to restart ?

Go to solution Solved by MD Utsho,
On 11/22/2019 at 9:22 PM, maartendc said:

Yeah, I imagine there is some kind of compatibility issue with the hardware / software combination,  or with the drivers / software combination...

I would test the same software and exporting your 8K textures on a friend's PC with an AMD GPU running (not yours). If it has the same issue, you know it is nothing to do with your PC. But some kind of AMD GPU issue or something...

Too bad we couldn't figure it out. Good luck!

Hi @maartendc
It was my PSU problem all along, the problem increased, Also causing my pc to restart when i was gaming, or even benchmarking.
So i bought a new PSU and everything looks fine now, 

15 hours ago, Chokez said:

Oh wait or can it be the gpu's VRAM who's causing this? 
since it can be a memory related issue then is this possible that the graphics cards processing unit is fine but it's happening because of VRAM?

Are you rendering on the GPU or CPU in blender?

I think Furmark stresses both the GPU core and memory, so it is unlikely to be the GPU.

22 hours ago, maartendc said:

Are you rendering on the GPU or CPU in blender?

I think Furmark stresses both the GPU core and memory, so it is unlikely to be the GPU.

@maartendc I'm using Gpu for rendering in Blender, also substance painter use gpu when rendering 8K maps.
And here what happened today. 
I want to that local shop today,
First of all i showed them where it's restarting.
So then they changed my psu with another 550W Corsair PSU, Still pc was restarting, when tried to export 8k maps.
Then he unplugged my ram and used another 4gb of ram to test it, still pc restarted.
But didn't had any extra high gpu to test on my pc, So he connect my ssd and gpu another old pc, but i think that pc was faulty itself, cause after plugging my GPU and SSD to another pc, it's was just restarting even when i'm idle. 
So he told me to go home and reinstall windows, so i did and still pc restarting. 
So is it the motherboard or the GPU? 
Also he said if pc doesn't restart when gaming or stress testing they won't replace it with another one, cause they're going to send it elsewhere where people do the warranty thing, and i think they'll just stress test it, and it doesn't restart when stress testing. so he told me they'll just give the GPU back and will say it's fine :(

19 hours ago, Chokez said:

@maartendc I'm using Gpu for rendering in Blender, also substance painter use gpu when rendering 8K maps.
And here what happened today. 
I want to that local shop today,
First of all i showed them where it's restarting.
So then they changed my psu with another 550W Corsair PSU, Still pc was restarting, when tried to export 8k maps.
Then he unplugged my ram and used another 4gb of ram to test it, still pc restarted.
But didn't had any extra high gpu to test on my pc, So he connect my ssd and gpu another old pc, but i think that pc was faulty itself, cause after plugging my GPU and SSD to another pc, it's was just restarting even when i'm idle. 
So he told me to go home and reinstall windows, so i did and still pc restarting. 
So is it the motherboard or the GPU? 
Also he said if pc doesn't restart when gaming or stress testing they won't replace it with another one, cause they're going to send it elsewhere where people do the warranty thing, and i think they'll just stress test it, and it doesn't restart when stress testing. so he told me they'll just give the GPU back and will say it's fine :(

Hmm.. sounds like you ruled out the PSU or RAM itself. It could still be the GPU or motherboard (motherboard PCIe slot or motherboard RAM slots). Since you are rendering on the GPU, sounds like the GPU is most likely the issue. It is possible that Blender stresses your GPU in a completely different way than Furmark or games.

FIRST, reinstall Windows, reinstall newest drivers, and test, to definitely rule out the software. I know you tried Linux, but I would try new Windows install as well. (EDIT, sorry I just read you already did this. proceed to step 2)

SECOND, I would try and test your PC with a different (or new) GPU. Perhaps order one (online?) from a place where you can just return it afterwards? That is what I would do in your case... The test of putting your SSD and GPU in another PC did not tell you much if you dont know that PC was 100% working right.

Third, If it still happens with new windows install and another GPU, seems like the motherboard is faulty. In that case you need to replace it.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Hmm.. sounds like you ruled out the PSU or RAM itself. It could still be the GPU or motherboard (motherboard PCIe slot or motherboard RAM slots). Since you are rendering on the GPU, sounds like the GPU is most likely the issue. It is possible that Blender stresses your GPU in a completely different way than Furmark or games.

FIRST, reinstall Windows, reinstall newest drivers, and test, to definitely rule out the software. I know you tried Linux, but I would try new Windows install as well.

SECOND, I would try and test your PC with a different (or new) GPU. Perhaps order one (online?) from a place where you can just return it afterwards? That is what I would do in your case...

Third, If it still happens with new windows install and another GPU, seems like the motherboard is faulty. In that case you need to replace it.

Good luck!

Thank you already tried new windows and still it's happening, but looks like there's no place or can't order online to get a new gpu to test it and give them back afterwards, that's not actually possible. 
but maybe highest they can do is install my gpu to another pc to test it. 
well they did actually but that pc was faulty, so it was just restarting without any reason.
but again i'll tell them too test with another one tomorrow. 
and maybe you're right gpu is the issue here, blender and substance stressing gpu in another way, or maybe mobo.
Today i was guessing maybe my HDD is faulty, so i unplugged it and used only ssd, still restart happens.
here i recorded this 2 days ago, you can see when i changed that tiles 2px to 4px it restarts. same as substance painter when i click on export couple of seconds later pc restarts 

24 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Thank you already tried new windows and still it's happening, but looks like there's no place or can't order online to get a new gpu to test it and give them back afterwards, that's not actually possible. 
but maybe highest they can do is install my gpu to another pc to test it. 
well they did actually but that pc was faulty, so it was just restarting without any reason.
but again i'll tell them too test with another one tomorrow. 
and maybe you're right gpu is the issue here, blender and substance stressing gpu in another way, or maybe mobo.
Today i was guessing maybe my HDD is faulty, so i unplugged it and used only ssd, still restart happens.
here i recorded this 2 days ago, you can see when i changed that tiles 2px to 4px it restarts. same as substance painter when i click on export couple of seconds later pc restarts 

But if you are going to a physical store for your computer, they must have a GPU of some kind lying around to test with? You could even buy a cheap second hand GPU for $50 or so to test. Even if that GPU is not strong enough to really properly run your render, you can at least test it out...

HDD or SSD is unlikely to cause this kind of behavior.

I would say it is like 75% chance it is the GPU at this point. GPUs are pretty susceptible to failure after a few years, and this is a GPU only workload that causes the crashes. If your motherboard was causing it, you would most likely also experience issues in other workloads like games... but anything is possible.

54 minutes ago, maartendc said:

But if you are going to a physical store for your computer, they must have a GPU of some kind lying around to test with? You could even buy a cheap second hand GPU for $50 or so to test. Even if that GPU is not strong enough to really properly run your render, you can at least test it out...

HDD or SSD is unlikely to cause this kind of behavior.

I would say it is like 75% chance it is the GPU at this point. GPUs are pretty susceptible to failure after a few years, and this is a GPU only workload that causes the crashes. If your motherboard was causing it, you would most likely also experience issues in other workloads like games... but anything is possible.

I have my old gt610, but i don't think it's ever gonna pressure everything should i give it a try? though it doesn't feel like pc is going to restart with that gpu.
And yes they're running a cybercafe, but they didn't used those pc to test my pc out, but if i have to then i'll request them to test my gpu on those pc. 
or test those GPU's on my PC, 
So Thank you very much for your time,
In the end it should be MOBO or the GPU right ? 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:33 PM, Chokez said:

I have my old gt610, but i don't think it's ever gonna pressure everything should i give it a try? though it doesn't feel like pc is going to restart with that gpu.
And yes they're running a cybercafe, but they didn't used those pc to test my pc out, but if i have to then i'll request them to test my gpu on those pc. 
or test those GPU's on my PC, 
So Thank you very much for your time,
In the end it should be MOBO or the GPU right ? 

Yes try your old GT610 and see if the PC still restarts. If it does not, you know the GPU is faulty and needs to be replaced.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:29 PM, maartendc said:

Yes try your old GT610 and see if the PC still restarts. If it does not, you know the GPU is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Hey man i'm back again ?
Today again i went to that shop, He told me he has a 500W antec psu, it wasn't enough i know, but still wanted to give it a try, maybe psu could be falty, but that psu didn't help. 
But luckily someone came with is pc he was facing some other problem, but atleast for him i could try his gpu (rx 580) and his corsair vs 650W PSU, and still the pc was restarting when i tried to export 8K textures wtf.
Ram,Gpu,Psu,SSD,HDD, new windows, different gpu driver we tested everything, also tested with another motherboard, but i think mobo test wasn’t a success. in that mobo first software crashed 2nd. Display went black.
So what is the problem now? don’t think cpu can’t cause this issue unless it’s overheating, but in this case cpu isn’t overheating.
So what now? 

On 11/16/2019 at 2:52 PM, Chokez said:

Hey man i'm back again ?
Today again i went to that shop, He told me he has a 500W antec psu, it wasn't enough i know, but still wanted to give it a try, maybe psu could be falty, but that psu didn't help. 
But luckily someone came with is pc he was facing some other problem, but atleast for him i could try his gpu (rx 580) and his corsair vs 650W PSU, and still the pc was restarting when i tried to export 8K textures wtf.
Ram,Gpu,Psu,SSD,HDD, new windows, different gpu driver we tested everything, also tested with another motherboard, but i think mobo test wasn’t a success. in that mobo first software crashed 2nd. Display went black.
So what is the problem now? don’t think cpu can’t cause this issue unless it’s overheating, but in this case cpu isn’t overheating.
So what now? 

Yeah so you have definitively ruled out

- RAM

- PSU

- GPU

- SSD / HDD

- Software issues

The only things that are left are the CPU or motherboard. CPU's very rarely break (unless running higher voltages with overclocking). I would say 95 % sure that your motherboard is faulty and should be replaced. It could be a number of things on the motherboard: bad RAM slots, bad PCI-e slot, bad CPU socket, bad power delivery, etc. It doesn't really matter, because none of these problems are 'fixable', you just need to replace the whole motherboard.

What CPU do you have? Older motherboards  for older CPUs can be harder to find, so it might be easier / cheaper to replace both the motherboard and CPU with something newer.. Unless you can find a working used motherboard that fits your CPU.

Good luck!

On 11/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, maartendc said:

Yeah so you have definitively ruled out

- RAM

- PSU

- GPU

- SSD / HDD

- Software issues

The only things that are left are the CPU or motherboard. CPU's very rarely break (unless running higher voltages with overclocking). I would say 95 % sure that your motherboard is faulty and should be replaced. It could be a number of things on the motherboard: bad RAM slots, bad PCI-e slot, bad CPU socket, bad power delivery, etc. It doesn't really matter, because none of these problems are 'fixable', you just need to replace the whole motherboard.

What CPU do you have? Older motherboards  for older CPUs can be harder to find, so it might be easier / cheaper to replace both the motherboard and CPU with something newer.. Unless you can find a working used motherboard that fits your CPU.

Good luck!

Now i’ve tested every single parts, Mobo, cpu, ram, gpu, psu, ssd, hdd everything.
Today one of my friend gave his pc to test my component in his motherboard, Though he has no GPU and branded PSU,
So i had to use my psu instead, still pc was restarting when i tried to rendering 8k maps o_O
One thing i noticed when i added HSL Prespective,color correction and color correction these 3 causing the pc to restart when i’m export 8k maps, but doesn’t restart when export 4k with those 3 layers, or remove those 3 layers and export in 8k.
And yes also Blender is also causing pc to restart.
His Bios is updated i guess, it’s 2017 version but i’m running 2015 one, Though that pc has i5 7400, and gigabyte h110m series’s ddr3 motherboard.Both of our motherboard model isn’t same.
I can’t find anything else to troubleshoot :frowning: what to do now? can’t find any nvidia gpu’s to test, i tested with rx 580 (maybe i said this before). also rx 580 caused my pc to restart.
So something wrong with amd hardware/drivers? maybe they can’t take some kind of pressure?
cause like i said before pc doesn’t restart when i’m idle or gaming or even stress testing.
And in the video below you can see pc restarted when i tried to export 8k Maps, But like i said before if i remove those filter then it’s okay, doesn’t cause any restart even if i’m exporting 8K maps. (but this isn’t software issue i’m sure)
So any guess what to do now? or live with it?

17 hours ago, Chokez said:

Now i’ve tested every single parts, Mobo, cpu, ram, gpu, psu, ssd, hdd everything.
Today one of my friend gave his pc to test my component in his motherboard, Though he has no GPU and branded PSU,
So i had to use my psu instead, still pc was restarting when i tried to rendering 8k maps o_O
One thing i noticed when i added HSL Prespective,color correction and color correction these 3 causing the pc to restart when i’m export 8k maps, but doesn’t restart when export 4k with those 3 layers, or remove those 3 layers and export in 8k.
And yes also Blender is also causing pc to restart.
His Bios is updated i guess, it’s 2017 version but i’m running 2015 one, Though that pc has i5 7400, and gigabyte h110m series’s ddr3 motherboard.Both of our motherboard model isn’t same.
I can’t find anything else to troubleshoot :frowning: what to do now? can’t find any nvidia gpu’s to test, i tested with rx 580 (maybe i said this before). also rx 580 caused my pc to restart.
So something wrong with amd hardware/drivers? maybe they can’t take some kind of pressure?
cause like i said before pc doesn’t restart when i’m idle or gaming or even stress testing.
And in the video below you can see pc restarted when i tried to export 8k Maps, But like i said before if i remove those filter then it’s okay, doesn’t cause any restart even if i’m exporting 8K maps. (but this isn’t software issue i’m sure)
So any guess what to do now? or live with it?

Did you use your friend's CPU to test or your own? If it was your CPU, might still be the CPU.

I don't know, I'm kind of at a loss. Perhaps it is a software issue after all.. it could be that the software just makes your PC 'blue screen' and hard restart? But it is two different softwares, so I am not sure if that is the answer. Even though typically it should show you the blue screen, perhaps sometimes it does not.

Maybe install the software on your friends PC (without any of your components in it) and just see if his PC can do the same function without crashing?

Also, I know you tried different RAM, but I dont think you tested your memory with Memtest86. You need to make a bootable USB, restart from that USB and test the RAM https://www.memtest86.com/

On 11/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, maartendc said:

Did you use your friend's CPU to test or your own? If it was your CPU, might still be the CPU.

I don't know, I'm kind of at a loss. Perhaps it is a software issue after all.. it could be that the software just makes your PC 'blue screen' and hard restart? But it is two different softwares, so I am not sure if that is the answer. Even though typically it should show you the blue screen, perhaps sometimes it does not.

Maybe install the software on your friends PC (without any of your components in it) and just see if his PC can do the same function without crashing?

Also, I know you tried different RAM, but I dont think you tested your memory with Memtest86. You need to make a bootable USB, restart from that USB and test the RAM https://www.memtest86.com/

He just don't have any graphics card and enough PSU, so i just plugged my gpu and psu to his motherboard. 
And like i said before i tested another psu and gpu (rx590) on my system to test it. still it was restarting. 
So yeah even i don't know WTH is going on here, i ran Heaven benchmarks for 20min straight and faced nothing like this. and also like you said i tested my sticks with memtest86 and no error found.
So i'm guessing something to do with AMD gpu's since i tested with another AMD gpu (rx 580) and still pc restarted, can't find any nvidia gpu's to test with, i have an old gt610 but can't export 8K textures with 2GB of Vram so can't test with that

17 minutes ago, Chokez said:

He just don't have any graphics card and enough PSU, so i just plugged my gpu and psu to his motherboard. 
And like i said before i tested another psu and gpu (rx590) on my system to test it. still it was restarting. 
So yeah even i don't know WTH is going on here, i ran Heaven benchmarks for 20min straight and faced nothing like this. and also like you said i tested my sticks with memtest86 and no error found.
So i'm guessing something to do with AMD gpu's since i tested with another AMD gpu (rx 580) and still pc restarted, can't find any nvidia gpu's to test with, i have an old gt610 but can't export 8K textures with 2GB of Vram so can't test with that

Yeah, I imagine there is some kind of compatibility issue with the hardware / software combination,  or with the drivers / software combination...

I would test the same software and exporting your 8K textures on a friend's PC with an AMD GPU running (not yours). If it has the same issue, you know it is nothing to do with your PC. But some kind of AMD GPU issue or something...

3 hours ago, maartendc said:

No problem, Thank you very much for your effort ❤️ 

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 9:22 PM, maartendc said:

Hi @maartendc
It was my PSU problem all along, the problem increased, Also causing my pc to restart when i was gaming, or even benchmarking.

21 hours ago, Chokez said:

Hi @maartendc

glad you figured it out! Good luck!