Red Dead Redemption 2 PC

Ayush007
1 minute ago, Intransigent said:

What do you mean by "in game screen"? And how would you describe the stuttering in the "in game screen"?

Like when I done with loading screen n enter the game screen , in the beginning for few mile seconds there is some stuttering.

although I hv seen lot of improvement after the update like it become smooth a lot.

52 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Like when I done with loading screen n enter the game screen , in the beginning for few mile seconds there is some stuttering. although I hv seen lot of improvement after the update like it become smooth a lot.

Seems completely normal. Sounds like the game world around you is just loading in. The bigger the game, the more you'll see something like this. RDR2 has a 29 square mile map.

these days I assume that when I turn on my PC, my cpu cooler fan (cooler master 360l rgb AIO) turn on there fan speed for a while n then back to normal, this process keep on repeating for several times. Today morning I hv checked my cpu regarding tht issue through intel test software, although my cpu pass all the test n show it’s normal , Infact my cpu temp was between 41.C  or 42.C something. But still I don’t know why my cpu cooler fan turn on there speed in between ??

( I HV ASSUME MY PC  THROW  LOT OF HEAT THROUGH CPU COOLER FAN WHILE PLAYING RDR2)

Those temps seem perfectly normal. You can set a custom fan curve in your BIOS if you want your fan to do as you wish. While playing high demanding games, if you're pushing your hardware to the max and not limiting your fps, depending on how you have your CPU clocked, you're going to produce some heat on the CPU. Limit your fps or your CPU clock and it won't produce as much heat and in turn, it won't kick in that CPU fan with a lot of fan speed.

I personally have my CPU manually clocked at a certain speed(3.0 GHz) that doesn't heat up my CPU as much as it does if I were to clock it higher. It only goes up to 3.2 GHz. I also have a custom fan curve that does not exceed 85% at max fan speed. It mostly runs at 50-75%. Took me quite a bit of tweaking and tinkering with the fan curve and CPU clock speed to achieve all this but I am very happy with how it runs.

This is just how I have mine setup. There are many ways to go about handling this type of thing. A lot of gamers push their hardware to the max so if you want tips on doing just that, I'd recommend listening to how others handle it and how it's worked for them.

Second issue is with my gpu fan , while playing game I turn on my gpu fan speed 100% in order to avoid heat , for 4 or 5hours. will it effect my gpu life span or fan life span ??

It's designed to run at more than 100% so you should be fine. However, I personally let my PC handle how much fan speed my GPU needs. 4-5 hours over and over running at 100% just isn't something I would do. To each their own though. My GPU fan speed is almost always running at around 40-75% when set to the default fan speed setting.

2 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Seems completely normal. Sounds like the game world around you is just loading in. The bigger the game, the more you'll see something like this. RDR2 has a 29 square mile map.

Those temps seem perfectly normal. You can set a custom fan curve in your BIOS if you want your fan to do as you wish. While playing high demanding games, if you're pushing your hardware to the max and not limiting your fps, depending on how you have your CPU clocked, you're going to produce some heat on the CPU. Limit your fps or your CPU clock and it won't produce as much heat and in turn, it won't kick in that CPU fan with a lot of fan speed.

I personally have my CPU manually clocked at a certain speed(3.0 GHz) that doesn't heat up my CPU as much as it does if I were to clock it higher. It only goes up to 3.2 GHz. I also have a custom fan curve that does not exceed 85% at max fan speed. It mostly runs at 50-75%. Took me quite a bit of tweaking and tinkering with the fan curve and CPU clock speed to achieve all this but I am very happy with how it runs.

This is just how I have mine setup. There are many ways to go about handling this type of thing. A lot of gamers push their hardware to the max so if you want tips on doing just that, I'd recommend listening to how others handle it and how it's worked for them.

It's designed to run at more than 100% so you should be fine. However, I personally let my PC handle how much fan speed my GPU needs. 4-5 hours over and over running at 100% just isn't something I would do. To each their own though. My GPU fan speed is almost always running at around 40-75% when set to the default fan speed setting.

First of all thnx for giving your opinion ,

it mean a lot to me ?????????????????????????

As I told you before u have really depth knowledge Bdw when the test are done , I click on monitoring cpu temp it reach upto  37 to 31.C , should I replace my AIO PUMP or not???

Those aren't even remotely high...

Think about it like that - top is slightly above regular human body temperature.

It's basically an idle temp for CPU. If you really want to do anything with it, you can replace thermal paste but I wouldn't even do that unless it starts to get higher and higher.

CPU can run on WAY higher temps without any long term problems. Something around 70C should be fine as a top limit.

And if you want more solid metrics, check how it performs under heavy stress - with something like Prime95. And to compare check temps when you game to see how high it really goes in your case, cause most likely you won't utilize it as hard as programs for CPU stress testing.

5 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Send u screenshot of cpu temp from bios setting. Is it normal??

12AB2EC8-0349-42FF-8074-9D0C87C8BB83.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Send u screenshot of cpu temp from bios setting. Is it normal??

Idle temps and BIOS-temps are irrelevant, as long as they're below 50C or so. Obviously, if one's CPU hits 80C even under idle, then there's a serious problem, but otherwise, it's the load-temps that matter.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, Soag said:

Hey thnx a lot man , I just download intel extreme tuner, ur advice is really helpful for me,

????????????????

Quite informative man !!!!!!!!

Infact I have done stress testing n benchmark 

please check the screenshot -

81C4D619-DAD9-4EA9-B82F-921A1EF1A4B8.jpeg

486F3D2C-D3B0-4CAE-8B9E-03205F7C5673.jpeg

9D3F9172-11AF-445E-87F9-D385C8EA6DE7.jpeg

E956C0D8-062E-48FB-9B86-5E6CBF3F54F9.jpeg

B6A757B7-0E30-4D20-9592-1E00FBE2F7E8.jpeg

01CFD0C2-6626-432E-A858-A9CB35667D47.jpeg

I'm no expert, but it seems this test was running for only 5 minutes (based on 2nd photo).

You need a longer time to let it heat up and not only "be on the rise" to see if heat properly disperses.

7 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

First of all thnx for giving your opinion, it mean a lot to me As I told you before u have really depth knowledge Bdw when the test are done, I click on monitoring cpu temp it reach up to 37 to 31.C, should I replace my AIO PUMP or not??? Send u screenshot of cpu temp from bios setting. Is it normal?? 

Welcome. I'm not completely knowledgeable on this exact type of testing you've done. However, everything in all those screenshots looks as normal as can be. The temps are normal, well, they're actually better than normal imo. I wouldn't think you have any type of cooling issue. It's definitely possible to clock your CPU a little higher than 3.9 GHz but that's something you'd have to look further into. Have you ever overclocked that i9? And do you know what it's clocked to while gaming? I'd clock it to at least 4.0 GHz and then monitor your temps and usages as well as what's happening on screen. People say it gets hot at different clock speeds around 4.5-4.7 GHz so I'd personally try 4.0-4.3 GHz. Gotta remember, it's all about the silicone lottery when overclocking.

53 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Welcome. I'm not completely knowledgeable on this exact type of testing you've done. However, everything in all those screenshots looks as normal as can be. The temps are normal, well, they're actually better than normal imo. I wouldn't think you have any type of cooling issue. It's definitely possible to clock your CPU a little higher than 3.9 GHz but that's something you'd have to look further into. Have you ever overclocked that i9? And do you know what it's clocked to while gaming? I'd clock it to at least 4.0 GHz and then monitor your temps and usages as well as what's happening on screen. People say it gets hot at different clock speeds around 4.5-4.7 GHz so I'd personally try 4.0-4.3 GHz. Gotta remember, it's all about the silicone lottery when overclocking.

Well i never overclocked processor n I may be wrong but I heard tht overclocking reduce life span a lot !!!

1 hour ago, Ayush007 said:

Well i never overclocked processor n I may be wrong but I heard tht overclocking reduce life span a lot !!!

That may be true when overclocking too much. Your CPU is designed to reach 4.3 GHz at turbo. So it's perfectly fine to manually clock it below that. Which is why I recommend 4.0 to 4.3 GHz and then do some testing(gaming) while it's clocked there. It's fine to do so since it is designed to reach 4.3 GHz. It's when you try to push past 4.3 that it reduces the life span. As long as your temps are good, then you're fine.

My CPU's max turbo is 3.2 GHz. I've tried 3.2 and it games fine there but it gets pretty hot. But you see, I don't have the best cooler. It's decent and better than stock but it's nowhere near as good as yours. If I had a better cooler, I'd clock my CPU at 3.2. I keep it at 3.0 though because it's very stable and cool there with my decent cooling. I rarely hit 60 degrees in the most high demanding games. Almost always in the 50's. And it's designed to reach much more than that. It can hit in the 70's, no problem. It's all about temps really. Keep it well below the max temps and you're fine for many, many years.

Your current max clock speed seems to be 3.9 GHz(as shown in your screenshots). You should have no issues clocking that to at least 4.0 GHz. You can try 4.2, 4.4, no problem. Just check your temps and keep them cool and you're good to go. Life span is all about heat. Imo anyway. In December, I hit 3 years on my CPU. And I do a LOT of heavy gaming. Zero issues to this day with my 3.0 clock.

2 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Well i never overclocked processor

Here's a guide I just found that may help you out. He makes it look very easy.

Where he leaves his clock is 4.3 GHz. I personally would have went back to 4.1 GHz since his temps were a lot cooler and in the 50's(where I like them). A lot of people don't mind their CPU in the 60's and would probably settle for 4.2 GHz if they were in his shoes. And of course, some would just let it fly at 4.3 GHz as he did since he doesn't mind his CPU in the 70's. It's all personal preference. I hope this video can give you an idea of how safe and easy a small overclock is.

Lower temp equals longer life span. Imo.

11 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Here's a guide I just found that may help you out. He makes it look very easy.

Where he leaves his clock is 4.3 GHz. I personally would have went back to 4.1 GHz since his temps were a lot cooler and in the 50's(where I like them). A lot of people don't mind their CPU in the 60's and would probably settle for 4.2 GHz if they were in his shoes. And of course, some would just let it fly at 4.3 GHz as he did since he doesn't mind his CPU in the 70's. It's all personal preference. I hope this video can give you an idea of how safe and easy a small overclock is.

Lower temp equals longer life span. Imo.

Well  first  of all thnx for solving my prob although I didn’t test it yet but before doing this experiment , I would like to ask some doubts-

1.How much time should I set for stress testing of cpu??

2. Is this experiment is safe ??  I mean blue screen or black !!

Edited by Ayush007

1.How much time should I set for stress testing of cpu??

However long you wish. Some people want more time, some people want less. Think of it like this. What the test does is put right at 100% usage on your CPU. This naturally happens while you are gaming if your CPU is your bottleneck. All systems are either bottlenecked by the CPU or GPU. Now while you are gaming, most bottlenecks are easily dealt with by simply not letting your CPU hit and hold 100% the majority of the time that you are gaming. It's perfectly safe for your CPU to hit and hold 100% while gaming, you just don't want it to do so the majority of the time because what that does is create heat. So this test is basically letting you know just how hot your CPU will get when it hits and holds 100%.

With that being said, if you've ever watched your CPU usage while gaming(I don't game without doing this), you basically come up with a number of minutes in your mind of how long you've ever seen your CPU hit and hold 100%. For me, I'd guess anywhere from 1-2 minutes, tops. This is because I remedy by CPU bottleneck by not letting my CPU hit and hold 100% very often. I do this by lowering certain individual graphic settings that hit CPU usage and do not effect visual fidelity in a major way. And I also higher certain individual graphic settings that use a lot of VRAM in my GPU that barely affect my frame rate to take some strain off of my CPU.

These individual settings will vary from game to game of course. Research and development as well as trial and error is necessary to find these individual settings. There are other ways to balance out CPU and GPU usage as well, not just graphic settings. Things like background processes and keeping them from running while gaming is another one.

2. Is this experiment is safe ??  I mean blue screen or black !!

It is safe when being done correctly and knowing what you're doing. As long as the heat it is generating is well under the amount of heat that the CPU is designed to withstand, it's safe. The purpose of the test is to show you exactly what your CPU is going to do if you hit and hold full usage of that CPU while gaming. You are mimicking this with the test.

Blue or black screens as you can see in the video are not the end of the world. Nor are they the end of your PC. Listen to what this guy says and you'll be fine. Most people when doing this in the very beginning feel the exact same fear that you do. The more you watch multiple people overclock their CPU, the less worried you will feel. Just try not to overdo it and you'll be fine. Try to reach a "happy point" and stick with it. For me, 3.0 GHz is it. I've never tried to push past 3.2(my max turbo) and 3.0 I'm fine with. This guy has a K CPU though so he has some room to work with. His max turbo is 4.4 I believe. And he claims people have reached 4.5-4.6. Stick to a "happy point" for you and you're all set.

8 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Like most other games, just play it on console and have a great experience. lol.

Now you know us PC gamers are a bit different on that subject. We want the best experience possible and have the power to do so because we are on PC. PC stands for Personal Computer for a reason. We personalize our computer. Console gamers just want "an experience". And that's what they get, an experience. And a bare minimum one at that. 22-30 fps at 4K, 27-53 fps at 1440p or 28-60 at 1080p. That's it. The rest of the graphics are fine-tuned to reach those numbers leaving out the ability to change anything. Except in a few select games like Skyrim. There is a few console mods in that game. But I mean, it's Skyrim.

19 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

However long you wish. Some people want more time, some people want less. Think of it like this. What the test does is put right at 100% usage on your CPU. This naturally happens while you are gaming if your CPU is your bottleneck. All systems are either bottlenecked by the CPU or GPU. Now while you are gaming, most bottlenecks are easily dealt with by simply not letting your CPU hit and hold 100% the majority of the time that you are gaming. It's perfectly safe for your CPU to hit and hold 100% while gaming, you just don't want it to do so the majority of the time because what that does is create heat. So this test is basically letting you know just how hot your CPU will get when it hits and holds 100%.

With that being said, if you've ever watched your CPU usage while gaming(I don't game without doing this), you basically come up with a number of minutes in your mind of how long you've ever seen your CPU hit and hold 100%. For me, I'd guess anywhere from 1-2 minutes, tops. This is because I remedy by CPU bottleneck by not letting my CPU hit and hold 100% very often. I do this by lowering certain individual graphic settings that hit CPU usage and do not effect visual fidelity in a major way. And I also higher certain individual graphic settings that use a lot of VRAM in my GPU that barely affect my frame rate to take some strain off of my CPU.

These individual settings will vary from game to game of course. Research and development as well as trial and error is necessary to find these individual settings. There are other ways to balance out CPU and GPU usage as well, not just graphic settings. Things like background processes and keeping them from running while gaming is another one.

It is safe when being done correctly and knowing what you're doing. As long as the heat it is generating is well under the amount of heat that the CPU is designed to withstand, it's safe. The purpose of the test is to show you exactly what your CPU is going to do if you hit and hold full usage of that CPU while gaming. You are mimicking this with the test.

Blue or black screens as you can see in the video are not the end of the world. Nor are they the end of your PC. Listen to what this guy says and you'll be fine. Most people when doing this in the very beginning feel the exact same fear that you do. The more you watch multiple people overclock their CPU, the less worried you will feel. Just try not to overdo it and you'll be fine. Try to reach a "happy point" and stick with it. For me, 3.0 GHz is it. I've never tried to push past 3.2(my max turbo) and 3.0 I'm fine with. This guy has a K CPU though so he has some room to work with. His max turbo is 4.4 I believe. And he claims people have reached 4.5-4.6. Stick to a "happy point" for you and you're all set.

I hv set my cpu freq 4.1, after  ( save n exit) still my cpu speed show 3.30ghz why???

1C9A445F-CF67-4E77-8245-D08095B7624F.jpeg

Edited by Ayush007

29 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

I hv set my cpu freq 4.1, after  ( save n exit) still my cpu speed show 3.30ghz why???

Because you're not gaming. Go game. Be sure to show your CPU clock speed while you are gaming so you can see what it's doing. You don't want your CPU at 4.1 GHz outside of gaming. This can be set in your power plan. Set it to Balanced. Make sure your max processor state is set to 100% though(which is the 4.1).

Some people set it to maximum performance and that just sets the min processor state to 100% as well. I am not one to want that because then outside of gaming the CPU is at 4.1 GHz at all times. Set it to balanced and max 100% processor state. The min processor state should be around 5%(which is where it should be outside of gaming, depending on what you're doing).

Min processor state = The lowest amount of GHz your CPU will run at, period.

Max processor state = The highest amount of GHz your CPU will run at, period.

When set like this, your CPU will run at 5% GHz of 4.1 until you need more GHz. Which is why I set mine up like this. Some people use the maximum performance though because they don't want their CPU to go lower than the max GHz while gaming. I have found that my CPU never does that while gaming on Balanced so I don't change it. And because outside of gaming, it sits at 5% usage. Thus staying cool as a cucumber.

19 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Because you're not gaming. Go game. Be sure to show your CPU clock speed while you are gaming so you can see what it's doing. You don't want your CPU at 4.1 GHz outside of gaming. This can be set in your power plan. Set it to Balanced. Make sure your max processor state is set to 100% though(which is the 4.1).

Some people set it to maximum performance and that just sets the min processor state to 100% as well. I am not one to want that because then outside of gaming the CPU is at 4.1 GHz at all times. Set it to balanced and max 100% processor state. The min processor state should be around 5%(which is where it should be outside of gaming, depending on what you're doing).

Min processor state = The lowest amount of GHz your CPU will run at, period.

Max processor state = The highest amount of GHz your CPU will run at, period.

When set like this, your CPU will run at 5% GHz of 4.1 until you need more GHz. Which is why I set mine up like this. Some people use the maximum performance though because they don't want their CPU to go lower than the max GHz while gaming. I have found that it never does that while gaming on Balanced so I don't change it.

Well I tried to follow his steps but my temp keep on increasing “like at 33-55C , 39-67, 41 -76 n so on , even in  41 n 42 GHz I have increase my Vcore-1.2 /1.25V But doesn’t work for me !!!! 

So I guess I should remain on 33 ?? Because of low temp 

Edited by Ayush007

5 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Well I tried to follow his steps but my temp keep on increasing “like at 3.3-55C , 3.9-67, 4.1 -76 n so on , even in  4.1n 4.2 GHz I have increase my Vcore-1.2 /1.25V But doesn’t work for me !!!! 

13 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Well I tried to follow its step but my temp keep on increasing “like at 33-55C , 39-67 with a core like on 41 n 42 GHz -1.2 /1.25V  n so on 

Did you have turbo boost enabled before? It shows above that you did, so I'm not sure why it was hitting just 3.9 GHz before. I'd imagine because it was set to 3.9 as max turbo somehow. 

Of course you're going to get more heat when increasing voltage. 39-67 is perfectly fine. I'd keep it there. You may want to setup a custom fan curve as well.

9 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Did you have turbo boost enabled before?

Well I have disabled it before overclocking in bios 

Edited by Ayush007

33 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Well I have disabled it before overclocking in bios

I mean before everything. Before as in a few weeks ago. As in, did you have turbo boost enabled back then? I want to say that you did because your screenshots way above in this topic show that you have turbo boost enabled. At the same time though, I want to say that your turbo boost was limited to 3.9 GHz somehow. Best way to find this out is to setup everything to how it was in the beginning. Say, like it was a few weeks ago. Then go play a game like RDR2. Then just look at your CPU clock speed while you are playing the game and tell me what it is. I would guess 3.9. Also take a look at your CPU temp after playing the game for around 10 minutes in high demanding areas that hit your CPU a lot.

Then you can go back and try 4.0-4.2(disabling turbo boost of course) and determine a sweet spot. Use this as a temp guide. It's not perfect but it's damn near close.

• Temp in the 20's - Coolest
  • Temp in the 30's - Cooler
  • Temp in the 40's - Cool
  • Temp in the 50's - Warm
  • Temp in the 60's - Warmer
  • Temp in the 70's - Warmest
  • Temp in the 80's - Hot
  • Temp in the 90's - Hotter
  • Temp in the 100's - Hottest

This is just for your CPU though. Not everyone's. So keep it in the 50's-70's while gaming and that's basically never running hot. If it were my CPU, I'd try to keep it in the mid to high 60's knowing that I'd have some room to work with in high demanding games. Sure it'll hit 70 but that's perfectly safe. Your CPU is designed to run in the 90's, no problem. At around 95 is when it's going to start thermal throttling.

It's all about personal preference. Just always monitor your temps, follow that guide to keep it warm to warmest and the life span will be many, many years.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

I mean before everything. Before as in a few weeks ago. As in, did you have turbo boost enabled back then? I want to say that you did because your screenshots way above in this topic show that you have turbo boost enabled. At the same time though, I want to say that you turbo boost was limited to 3.9 GHz somehow. Best way to find this out is to setup everything to how it was in the beginning. Say, like it was a few weeks ago. Then go play a game like RDR2. Then just look at your CPU clock speed while you are playing the game and tell me what it is. I would guess 3.9. Also take a look at your CPU temp after playing the game for around 10 minutes in high demanding areas that hit your CPU a lot.

Then you can go back and try 4.0-4.2 and determine a sweet spot.

Well I have put my V core on auto then it’s ok whether I touch 4.0 , 4.1 . 
now I’m bit much confuse between 4.0 or 4.1

because while stress testing both have equal temp , so how to choose 4.0 or 4.1 ?? How can I check stability ??,

Edited by Ayush007

51 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Well I have put my V core on auto then it’s ok whether I touch 4.0 , 4.1. now I’m bit much confuse between 4.0 or 4.1 because while stress testing both have equal temp, so how to choose 4.0 or 4.1 ?? How can I check stability ??,

That's great. Even though V core is on auto, see if you can check what number it's actually at.

If both 4.0 and 4.1 have equal temp, that's a good thing. Go with the higher number. To check stability, simply play games and play them in high demanding areas of the game so you push your CPU to its max(or near max). Play RDR2 for like 45 minutes. Write down the temps like every 10-15 minutes, be sure to write down the max temps as well. Make sure to show CPU clock speed to make sure it's indeed hitting that 4.1 GHz. Write down how often you see your CPU hit and hold 100% or maybe when it's in the 90 %'s.

If it performs nicely, then you're stable. Write down anything you notice visually out of the ordinary too.

I'd like to know the temps myself, so if you can post them afterwards, I can give you more info on where to go from there. For the most part, if you're stable and your temps are fine, you're good to go. 4.1 GHz is a good starting point to basically game away on that CPU. Imo anyway. It's all about temp and usage.