This guy has a PROBLEM - Tech Hoarders

What happens when you combine a tech nerd with means and storage space? Tech Hoarders! Let's see what wonders await - Featuring Brian the electrician!

Maybe start a tech hoard of your own - They'll be retro, too, some day!

Buy a Core i5 9600KF:

On Amazon: https://geni.us/xOGn5

On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVYM

Buy a Ryzen 5 3600:

On Amazon: https://geni.us/u0rd

On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVY7

Buy a GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER:

On Amazon: https://geni.us/bCiD

On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVYF

Buy a Radeon RX 5700:

On Amazon: https://geni.us/xPeGT

On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVYC

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

is he selling stuff tho

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

And here I sit myself, having literally 21 Intel core two dues in a tray, and a couple of blade servers, an old dual socketed AMD board, etc, etc.....

But well, I would likely hoard a few more computer thingies if I had the room for it.

After all, I got to have room for hoarding electronics components too for various projects, not to mention electronics test equipment, etc...

Wow, now that was impressive. There is enough stuff in there to make several seasons of scrapyard wars possible without leaving this house.

@BrianTheElectrician you should open a museum, your collection is really nice. And let me say that your stuff is very well organized in that basement, that must have taken some time to set up.

Yeah this guy really does have a problem.  I toss out stuff that there's no chance I'm ever going to use again.  Like Windows 98 discs....there's zero chance that I'm going to install that on something, and even if I needed to I could download an ISO faster than finding the disc.  I haven't used an IDE cable is well over 8 years.  3TB in a storage server isn't even worth the electricity it's costing to keep it running.  The list goes on and on.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

What was that little square flashing box on Linus's hip near the beginning of the video? Looked like an insulin pump.

And you can't call yourself a proper true tech hoarder if there isn't at least one SGI or Sun box in your collection

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Hi, does anybody know the model of the motherboard in the thumbnail and at 12:30 in the video? I'm looking for it's manual and I can't find anything online because there aren't any markings or stickers on the one in my possession.

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

is he selling stuff tho

2nd.  Need a floppy drive for an old Toshiba laptop I'm using as a dosbox.  Been looking for one for over a year now with no results.

8 minutes ago, Strongit said:

2nd.  Need a floppy drive for an old Toshiba laptop I'm using as a dosbox.  Been looking for one for over a year now with no results.

Why wouldn't you just istall dosbox or run a VM?

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Question. 

Is there anyone who still have old 

ISA Card RS422 Serial 

Whit address selection. 

Like this?

And is there someone who can help me with old Dos 

Screenshot_20191106-001445_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is he selling that case i found one at the second to the last on the left at 15:53 that i was interested in, if he's willing to sell it, could he tell me how much for the case. I've been looking for a vintage desktop case that's not too thin or small form factor for a sleeper m-itx build or micro atx build. Not interested in the components that's in the case just the case. and if its a key access case maybe the key as well.

I would love to get my hands on a 5.25 floppy drive. Step father has several hundred 5inch floppies that all say nothing but IBM confidential on them from the late 70s to early 80s and I'd love to know what on earth is on them.

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

What was that little square flashing box on Linus's hip near the beginning of the video? Looked like an insulin pump.

And you can't call yourself a proper true tech hoarder if there isn't at least one SGI or Sun box in your collection

Its a wireless mic like this one

Haha I'm glad (mostly) everyone like the video. Was a lot of fun to do and is what I was alluding to in my post in the show off your vintage hardware thread. As for selling, not really interested in shipping anything but would consider for a local sale so if your in the greater Vancouver area, shoot me a pm! Same goes for the minecraft server, its whitelist only but may be willing to let a few in :)

You made fun of that old monitor, but in my lab at UBC I have a machine with an i7-8700 with only a pair of Acer AL1511s running 1024x768. Because that's all you need! 

Man, the majority of what Brian had are the stuffs I've encounter, when I was learning about PCs. like the CPU with the built in fan on it. I believe that was a Pentium Overdrive (I still have that). Those AT boards using socket 7 are compatible with both AMD and Intel CPUs. 2 things about them AT PSU was, the board's main power  was split into 2 pieces, and the power wires were physically connected to the power switch in the front of the case.

Although not shown, old ATX cases, the bottom front of the case, was to house a internal speaker or a fan. The fan bracket has rails, so long cards won't sag.

ISA cards like that sound card, back then Windows isn't good at handling interrupt request or IRQs, so when there is a hardware conflict between 2 devices, you'll have to manually set the IRQs in the card itself to fix that IRQ conflict. I believe sound card was IRQ5.

Them Asus EeePC came later, their older one were called Pundits.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 hours ago, Ale000_ said:

Hi, does anybody know the model of the motherboard in the thumbnail and at 12:30 in the video? I'm looking for it's manual and I can't find anything online because there aren't any markings or stickers on the one in my possession.

If it helps, mine has a stickers on the back. One says "Microedge" with a barcode and the other "PM8G7" so I'm assuming that would be the model number. There isn't a make or model number on the pcb that I can see but there is a V1.6b in the top left corner which would be the revision. Mine does however have the jumper settings silk screened onto the board, so can take a close up picture if that helps.

I'm looking at THE motherboard from the thumbnail.

the hoarder has a problem, its a mental problem, like every other hoarder there is, can just hope its not putting his safety or anyone elses safety at risk and would probably do neighbors good to inform the fire department as even the neighbors maybe at risk. an intervention would be necessary and the threat of losing his residence might persuade the person to clean up and sell a lot of his "junk" but selling maybe too time consuming so an alternative is to sell to an electronics recycler for scrap $.

LOVED this video!! :D 

And Brian is THE MAN really liked all the videos he was in. 

Now go on and bring LGR to check Brian's collection they'll have a blast :)

https://youtu.be/hiLlNzxDfAg?t=925

Is this the map Linus was talking about for Supreme Commander?

If so, it's available along with thousands of others on the FAF client.

https://www.faforever.com/

image.png.8933f2beade3017bad6c6321c7d919e6.png

i own a old hp elite 800somthing with core i5 3rd gen

thinking on putting a MSI gt 710 in it

https://www.amazon.com/HP-8300-Elite-Computer-Quad-Core/dp/B01CV9G1BO

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT-710-1GD3H-LPV1/dp/B01DOFD3RY

under 200 dollars 

they are basicly dell opteplex expect with 3or 4 gen i5 or 17

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 hours ago, JonnoHR31 said:

https://youtu.be/hiLlNzxDfAg?t=925

Is this the map Linus was talking about for Supreme Commander?

If so, it's available along with thousands of others on the FAF client.

https://www.faforever.com/

image.png.8933f2beade3017bad6c6321c7d919e6.png

PM it to him!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

12 hours ago, BrianTheElectrician said:

If it helps, mine has a stickers on the back. One says "Microedge" with a barcode and the other "PM8G7" so I'm assuming that would be the model number. There isn't a make or model number on the pcb that I can see but there is a V1.6b in the top left corner which would be the revision. Mine does however have the jumper settings silk screened onto the board, so can take a close up picture if that helps.

I'm looking at THE motherboard from the thumbnail.

Thank you so much! These are the only information I have found since I have this motherboard. I needed the manual for the jumper settings. The silkscreen got somehow rubbed off before I got it. Pictures would help very much because several google searches came out dry.