Air Cooler for Ryzen 5 3600

MartinKweh

So i just gave up with AIO cooling since apparently its lifespan and performance isnt that much better than an air cooler. so currently im looking at the following coolers in which all of them fall below $60

1. ID Cooling SE 207

2. Deepcool Lucifer V2

The two above kinda scares me since it might be too big and obstruct the ram(G skill ripjaws V) thopugh the ID Cooling SE 207 looks like it can fit since one side of the towers is ofsetted a bit.

3. Deepcool Gammaxx Gt TUF

This was my second choice right after gammaxx 400 and hyper 212

any other cooler below $60 that can be suggested? I have limmited options due to my country not selling them and importing is too expensive(like assassin III literally costs like $150)

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

The Ryzen 5 3600 is by design a 65W TDP chip. Even the stock Wraith Prism cooler gives you 40W of TDP overhead for overclocking. 

The SE-207 will give you 185W of TDP overhead

The Lucifer V2 will give you 235W of TDP overhead

The Gammaxx GT TUF gives you 75W of TDP overhead

In my opinion the first two options are compelete overkill, and I would not go with them unless I was planning on upgrading my processor within the next year or so.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

the 3600 doesn't run that hot, you could just go with the stock cooler

i want to throw beQuiet! in too. They make really good coolers in my opinion. I am using the beQuiet! shadow rock 2, which has 180W tdp on my R7 1700 @3.675GHz and the Cpu doesn't get above 60°C

its just that i have seen some of the forums saying that their 3600 goes a bit hot using the wraith stealth. (stock of the 3600) and they said that it will boost higher if it has a better cooling so i was just looking for some good enough cooler for it to boost consistently at the maximum said boost clock. ive seen people with the stock and only reach about 3.975 Ghz, so i was looking for something that is better.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Ok , i may sound annoying at this point as this is my third post. I was supposed to get the Lucifer v2 since it looked promising. But i just found out that my case may have been a bit. Narrow? I can have at most like 155mm allocation for cooler. I have a max spending limit of $60. 

So far based on their suggestions, im looking at bequiet shadowrock 2, deepcool gammaxx 400 and gt

Edit: FML, even the gammaxx gt and shadowrock is a bit too tall :(

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

what is your cpu and is there a window for the case?

Ryzen 5 3600 and yes its a glass window i just looked at coolermaster masterai ma620p and it is slightly bit too tall

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

4 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

3600 can be cooled with any halfway decent cooler, just pick the one you like. 

Even if overclocked? Im not really familiar with cpu coolers :(

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

1 hour ago, Martin2132 said:

Even if overclocked? Im not really familiar with cpu coolers :(

it should be fine, you can't really overclock ryzen cpus much anyways. I would just go with the Shadow Rock 2

Doesn't the 3600 come with a cooler already?  It may not run as cool as an aftermarket tower, but it's good enough.  The extra temps mean that your CPU will run 50MHz or so slower and wear out in 20 years instead of 25.  It's more than good enough to keep you going until you can save up enough to afford a proper high-end cooler.

If clearance for coolers is that much of an issue, perhaps you should invest in a better case instead of the largest cooler your current one can fit. 

What case are you using now?

2 hours ago, Sorenson said:

it should be fine, you can't really overclock ryzen cpus much anyways. I would just go with the Shadow Rock 2

Just found out the clearance isnt high enough :( pure rock works though

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Doesn't the 3600 come with a cooler already?  It may not run as cool as an aftermarket tower, but it's good enough.  The extra temps mean that your CPU will run 50MHz or so slower and wear out in 20 years instead of 25.  It's more than good enough to keep you going until you can save up enough to afford a proper high-end cooler.

If clearance for coolers is that much of an issue, perhaps you should invest in a better case instead of the largest cooler your current one can fit. 

What case are you using now?

Im using rakk anyag case(locally produced) got for like $20 and airflow is pretty good. But the cooler clearance is at most 155mm- 165mm(this is a bit questionable). I was starting to look back in to aio since i could get a 240mm rad for like $60 from cooler master or deepcool. I just want it to be as cool as possible without sacrificing the current case.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

40 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

Just found out the clearance isnt high enough :( pure rock works though

Im using rakk anyag case(locally produced) got for like $20 and airflow is pretty good. But the cooler clearance is at most 155mm- 165mm(this is a bit questionable). I was starting to look back in to aio since i could get a 240mm rad for like $60 from cooler master or deepcool. I just want it to be as cool as possible without sacrificing the current case.

If you’re worried just go with the AIO. If your case airflow is iffy an AIO will be the best option anyways.

What case are you using?

Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Personally I would be glad to make recommendations, but would be nice to know, where are You located. 

What manufacturers have You access to?  I would say, better to ditch the stock cooler, that is just inadequate for anything. I even hated it with an undervolted 2200g. Was very loud and still was mediocre in performance. AMD just should not include stealth at all. Useless waste of alloy 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

9 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Personally I would be glad to make recommendations, but would be nice to know, where are You located. 

What manufacturers have You access to?  I would say, better to ditch the stock cooler, that is just inadequate for anything. I even hated it with an undervolted 2200g. Was very loud and still was mediocre in performance. AMD just should not include stealth at all. Useless waste of alloy 

Im from the Philippines. I have limited access to many of the coolers but i can see some from bequiet,deepcool,thermaltake,coolermaster, id-cooling , and some more. I have most access to coolermaster and deepcool but right now im looking at bequiet shadowrock 2(apparently i can go up to 160mm), Id cooling se 207, deepcool gammax gt and coolermaster masyer air ma620p. I know most of those are overkill for a 3600 but i plan to use it for a long time

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

16 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I even hated it with an undervolted 2200g. Was very loud and still was mediocre in performance

The r3 2200g uses thermal paste under the IHS instead of solder, so it runs pretty hot. The r5 3600 should run a lot cooler because it is soldered to the IHS

thanks for the input guys. found a person who uses the ID cooling SE 207 and it works a lot better than i thought it would. its priced at a measly $25 here and it is literally the perfect size(159mm) it scared me a bit that it might cover the ram slots but no. its raised enough to actually accommodate the ram i own(LP ram cooling OP) it is rated at like 200-250w tdp and made me want to look at BeQuiet! shadow rock 2 and i got kinda scared since it weighs like 1.12 kg lol. I havent bought it yet so i might look for something else in the mean time if i could find something better. acoustics isnt really a problem for me since im literally surrounded by fans (hot country :(  ) 

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

3 hours ago, Devryd said:

The r3 2200g uses thermal paste under the IHS instead of solder, so it runs pretty hot. The r5 3600 should run a lot cooler because it is soldered to the IHS

Theoretically. In practice: some 3600 has sub-par soldering, and those cpu-s run HOT, while the CPU cooler radiator barely gets warm (inadequate heat transfer...). In that cases, delidding is a viable solution. :) 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

On my r5 3600 I'm using ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO, its 40$ and I'm extremely happy with it. Its very quiet and CPU never goes above 56C.

Lucifer V2 looks friggin rad, just slap a second fan and you have ultimate cooler. The only thing that could bother people is the color of the fan. Wish i knew about deepcool offer i would go with lucifer instead of mugen. 

Edit: Seems like Lucifer V2 has problems with AM4 installation, i would ask people who have this cooler to confirm it. 

ID cooling SE 207 and it works a lot better than i thought it would. its priced at a measly $25 here

Thats a fucking steal, go for it. A twin tower cooler with two fans for 25 usd? Are you joking? Go for it NOW!