Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sowon

What Would You Buy Used?

Buying Used Products  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these would you buy used?

• PC Hardware - CPU, RAM, GPU, Motherboard etc.
    • Laptops
    • Peripherals - Speakers, Headphones, Earphones, Keyboards, Mice, Monitors etc.
    • Mobile Devices - Phones, Tablets etc.
    • Other items not listed above
    • I would not buy used products of any kind.

On 11/5/2019 at 5:58 AM, handymanshandle said:

...almost everything there. I think the only thing I wouldn't buy used would be headphones and mice. Hell, my laptop, monitor and my GPU are used.

but you should never get a used psu because that can spell trouble 

1 hour ago, rmnsachy said:

but you should never get a used psu because that can spell trouble 

I think it depends on the age of the psu. If its 6 or 7 years old ill pass but if it was like 2-3 years old or even current model year I wouldnt advise against it

CPU Ryzen 3600, MB MSI MEG Ace x570, RAM Corsair Vengence Pro 32gb @ 3200 mhz, Custom Loop, Thermal Take Core P5 TG, GPU EVGA RTX2080 Ti XC  PC Part Picker list for complete build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/j86vTB

My first machine in its entirety minus the SSD and the RAM I think was used or a hand-me-down from my best friend. We used to have the agreement that he got my old PC parts when he upgraded mine. Of course now things are different seeing as he works with computers for a living, but that still happens from time to time. I got my GPU, a PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 8GB, from r/PcPartSwap for $125.00USD (with shipping I think) it was just a GPU used on a mining rig, but it works fine, I've had no issues with it, it doesn't overheat, it already had the voltage control or whatever you call it done so it didn't mess up. (They fixed the thing that card was known for but I can't remember exactly what it was), My EVGA 850BQ Modular PSU came from my friend's system after he upgraded. I mean it is way more power than I need but it definitely does the job. It came out of my old system, which I had for a couple years and it still works amazing, it's quiet, and works like if I bought it brand new. As long as it is from a trusted reseller, used parts to me are just as good as if I bought it new. 

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage