4pin atx power for Ryzen 2600x?

SomeRandomWeeb

I've recently brought a Ryzen 5 2600x to upgrade my pc, along with that I got a new mobo (gigabyte 320m-h) with an 8 - pin atx socket on the top left. The problem is the PSU I have only has a 4 - pin connector for CPU power. I'm also running a GTX 1050ti off the mobo power as it has no PCI power sockets. the question is can I just use the 4 pin and have the system boot? If so where exactly do I plug it in?

must be a pretty craptastic PSU.

Will it work? yes. Should you trust that power supply in a system you care about? Definitely not.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

must be a pretty craptastic PSU.

Will it work? yes. Should you trust that power supply in a system you care about? Definitely not.

It's a Evo Labs pentium p4, idk if that's a known brand or anything about it's reliability but it worked fine with my old setup. (I3 6100, GTX 1050ti, 8gb RAM)

1 minute ago, SomeRandomWeeb said:

It's a Evo Labs pentium p4, idk if that's a known brand or anything about it's reliability but it worked fine with my old setup. (I3 6100, GTX 1050ti, 8gb RAM)

For the love of god replace that with a CX450M or EVGA GD 400W

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

For the love of god replace that with a CX450M or EVGA GD 400W

Is it really that bad? It's been fine for past year or two I've been using it.

Just now, SomeRandomWeeb said:

Is it really that bad? It's been fine for past year or two I've been using it.

Looks to be

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

if is so old that doesn't have the 8 pins and i bought a psu 7 years ago and it had those 8 pins, is at least 10 years old, change the psu, capacitors inside it might be near to explode anyway and ready to kill the psu anyway, so better change it

some cheap corsair or evga psus will be more than enough for your needs, a 500w unit is more than enough for the 150watts you will need to power that pc

the cpu uses like 70 watts, the 1050 another 70 plus the rest of parts, 500watts is perfect for you, way too much, but no 430watts psu these days is decent, so 500w is the new minimum

1 hour ago, goto10 said:

500watts is perfect for you, way too much, but no 430watts psu these days is decent, so 500w is the new minimum

The Corsair CX450 makes for a phenomenal budget PSU

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad