problem upgrading to windows 10 pro

PBpurple

I purchased a windows 10 pro key and im trying to enter it and I get error 0xc004f213. my edition of windows is windows home. do I have to have the windows pro edition installed first to enter the windows 10 pro key? 

you need to download a new windows 10 installer, when installing, select windows 10 pro

then use the windows 10 code, the code for pro and home are not interchangeable, is better to reinstall

are you familiar with reinstalling windows?

1 hour ago, goto10 said:

you need to download a new windows 10 installer, when installing, select windows 10 pro

then use the windows 10 code, the code for pro and home are not interchangeable, is better to reinstall

are you familiar with reinstalling windows?

I am not could you offer a link I could use to reinstall it. also will I have to redownload my games?

since i don't know how many hard disk you have there, or if the games are part of steam, probably yes, you need to do that, steam offers a couple ways to make backups and avoid download hundreds of gigabytes of files if your concern is bandwidth and time

to download the new installer, follow the steps provided by microsoft in this link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

you need a usb drive, 8gbs in size or bigger, follow steps

remember that reinstall might delete all yor files, so your question of the games apply to savegame, desktop files, all your personal files, so be sure to make backups of everything before proceeding, use a external hard disk if you can, or a usb flashdrive if you don't have much and the unit is big enough

as i mentioned, if the games are from steam, you can ask in their forums how to handle that

if the games are from epic, i personally end up almost always redownloading everything, they don't have a real way to do backups, ubiplay and ea, those are almost the same as epic, you can ask them ho to handle that in theyr support forums, but as i mentioned, is almost guaranteed you will end downloading everything, especially if your gaming pc has only one hard disk, and is the same hard disk where your windows installation is located

27 minutes ago, goto10 said:

since i don't know how many hard disk you have there, or if the games are part of steam, probably yes, you need to do that, steam offers a couple ways to make backups and avoid download hundreds of gigabytes of files if your concern is bandwidth and time

to download the new installer, follow the steps provided by microsoft in this link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

you need a usb drive, 8gbs in size or bigger, follow steps

remember that reinstall might delete all yor files, so your question of the games apply to savegame, desktop files, all your personal files, so be sure to make backups of everything before proceeding, use a external hard disk if you can, or a usb flashdrive if you don't have much and the unit is big enough

as i mentioned, if the games are from steam, you can ask in their forums how to handle that

if the games are from epic, i personally end up almost always redownloading everything, they don't have a real way to do backups, ubiplay and ea, those are almost the same as epic, you can ask them ho to handle that in theyr support forums, but as i mentioned, is almost guaranteed you will end downloading everything, especially if your gaming pc has only one hard disk, and is the same hard disk where your windows installation is located

Thank you!