Gaming Build (US)

AMD Build-

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM [Will use in Intel build also]

ASUS ROG strik X470-F Gaming ATX

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8gb 3600Mhz [Will use in Intel build also]

7200RPM 1TB,2TB 7200RPM,SSD Kingston A400 240GB 2.5" [Will use in Intel build also]

EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Super 8GB XC Ultra  [Will use in Intel build also]

Corsair Air 540 ATX [Will use in Intel build also]

EVGA Super nova G3 750W 80+ GOLD Fully Modular ATX [Will use in Intel build also]

Logitech G pro Wired Gaming Keyboard  [Will use in Intel build also]

Logitech G300 mouse [Will use in Intel build also]

Bose Companion 2 series [Will use in Intel build also]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTEL build-

Intel Core I900KS

Gigabyte Z390 Aours Ultra  ATX

-----

Now to kick this post off and full transparency i don't have a brand specific motive behind this build. But i think AMD would be better , I wan't to hear you're 2 cents.

Besides the AMD and INTEL chips, the build's are pretty much the same. I tried to pair the best MOBO with CPU...So let's get to it, the monitor i have at the moment its a 60hz acre something. I will upgrade that soon after the build. But for now i wan't to focus on the other thing's.

I would like to have  high FPS at 2k 144hz  and 1080p. Not sure if i could do that with out bottle-necking. My Budget is like 2k to 3k depending on part's. I'm not trying to go over the top just don't wan't to build another for sometime. Games I would like to play with HIGH FPS is arma3, GTA 5,skylines, RB6S to sum it up i play a lot of different games. My biggest fear is bottle-necking and that is what i'm trying to avoid. Any thought and tips are welcomed any and all.

amd, if rumors are true, in january or february intel will release new socket and kill the entire line of cpus they have moving things drastically ,the i9 will be 10 cores next year, imagine, how bad idea would be buying a i9 now

is a safer bet to go with a ryzen, definitively

from your build i would only change two things, the kraken and the cse, the case is very big, perhaps too big, specially wide, so desktop is filled with it

the kraken is a aio, i personally don't like anything related to liquid cooling, air coolers give you alot less problems

Dude I can definitely say in the AMD build go for the ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming as it's new chipset and has a really good and well cooled VRM and tons of I/O. And switch to an NVMe SSD that get you a lot of extra performance such as the Corsair MP600 or the Gigabyte Aorus PCIe 4 SSD. Otherwise you have a really solid build there and make sure the RAM timing on that Ripjaws kit is 16-16-16-36. So here's my two cents on this. 

Cheers mate! ;)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver | SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4; 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Corsair Crystal 680X | Monitor: Eve Spectrum 4K | Keyboard: Logitech G513 Romer-G Tactile | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed

42 minutes ago, Kearney36950 said:

AMD Build-

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM [Will use in Intel build also]

ASUS ROG strik X470-F Gaming ATX

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8gb 3600Mhz [Will use in Intel build also]

7200RPM 1TB,2TB 7200RPM,SSD Kingston A400 240GB 2.5" [Will use in Intel build also]

EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Super 8GB XC Ultra  [Will use in Intel build also]

Corsair Air 540 ATX [Will use in Intel build also]

EVGA Super nova G3 750W 80+ GOLD Fully Modular ATX [Will use in Intel build also]

Logitech G pro Wired Gaming Keyboard  [Will use in Intel build also]

Logitech G300 mouse [Will use in Intel build also]

Bose Companion 2 series [Will use in Intel build also]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTEL build-

Intel Core I900KS

Gigabyte Z390 Aours Ultra  ATX

-----

Now to kick this post off and full transparency i don't have a brand specific motive behind this build. But i think AMD would be better , I wan't to hear you're 2 cents.

Besides the AMD and INTEL chips, the build's are pretty much the same. I tried to pair the best MOBO with CPU...So let's get to it, the monitor i have at the moment its a 60hz acre something. I will upgrade that soon after the build. But for now i wan't to focus on the other thing's.

I would like to have  high FPS at 2k 144hz  and 1080p. Not sure if i could do that with out bottle-necking. My Budget is like 2k to 3k depending on part's. I'm not trying to go over the top just don't wan't to build another for sometime. Games I would like to play with HIGH FPS is arma3, GTA 5,skylines, RB6S to sum it up i play a lot of different games. My biggest fear is bottle-necking and that is what i'm trying to avoid. Any thought and tips are welcomed any and all.

Are you considered mostly about gaming and do not really use any multi threaded apps ?  If so and you want the best performance get a i9900KS and it will trash the AMD in every single game by double digits.  Intel is the fastest single core, but if you use mutli threaded apps then grab the 3900x.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

There is a lot to change in this build. A few that HAS to change, including the boards and PSU choice.

Whatis your budget?

And is this only for gaming?

Do you want monitor suggestion together with the build?

Monitor included in the budget?

Ultrawide or regular?

Due to the new line of CPU's rumored to hit the shelves next year, if you decide to go intel, I would wait if you can. If you wanna build this soon, or this holiday season, go with AMD to have a better shot at Mobo compatibility for future CPU upgrades. Considering the holiday season is usually the best time to buy components, I would recommend going with Team Red on this one.

As far as the rest of the build. I would recommend ditching the 1TB HDD and go with a 1TB SSD. Have the 240GB for a boot drive and day-to-day applications. The 2TB for mass storage, and 1TB SSD for games. You could even go smaller if you don't mind reinstalling games or moving them back and forth between HDD and SSD as you need them. I suppose your use case may vary from mine, but that's my personal setup. Also, GTA V has some notable stability problems running off an HDD, not to mention some of the longest load times I have ever experienced. But personally I have stuttering problems when running it on an HDD, and so have my friends so I don't think it was an issue of my system.

Also I would recommend going with a 2080 Ti. If it is within your budget, shell out the extra $300 and you'll get your desired FPS WITH high settings on mostly any game. Tallying all your stuff up on Newegg it should still be within your upper budget of $3k. However if you shop around and take advantage of the holiday sales, you could save a buck or two.

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive

23 hours ago, goto10 said:

amd, if rumors are true, in january or february intel will release new socket and kill the entire line of cpus they have moving things drastically ,the i9 will be 10 cores next year, imagine, how bad idea would be buying a i9 now

is a safer bet to go with a ryzen, definitively

from your build i would only change two things, the kraken and the cse, the case is very big, perhaps too big, specially wide, so desktop is filled with it

the kraken is a aio, i personally don't like anything related to liquid cooling, air coolers give you alot less problems

I have not  been up to-date with the news thank you for the info. That might shit this build to AMD.Also the case is for water cooling with blocks and etc, down the line that's why i wan't the 540 AIR. i'm ok with it being big cube like. The karken is a must cuz i don't like stock coolers and i'm willing to take the risk of water cooling. But thank your for you're 2 cent's it's vary welcomed. 

23 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Are you considered mostly about gaming and do not really use any multi threaded apps ?  If so and you want the best performance get a i9900KS and it will trash the AMD in every single game by double digits.  Intel is the fastest single core, but if you use mutli threaded apps then grab the 3900x.

I will game and be on google. and that's about it not adobe or anything like that. But with the NEW line of CPU's coming out next year and them requiring new MOBO's if that is true then intel might not be a good from a longevity stand point. I have seen Video og FPS game play with the 9900ks and a 2080 and the FPS looks awsome.. But AMD being what it is from a longevity like goto10 AMd might be better. I'm still trying to get a feel for the part's.  

23 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

There is a lot to change in this build. A few that HAS to change, including the boards and PSU choice.

Whatis your budget?

And is this only for gaming?

Do you want monitor suggestion together with the build?

Monitor included in the budget?

Ultrawide or regular?

so my budget is like 2k to 3k i'm trying to stay under $2.500... But the PSU seems fine to me u can't go wrong there. It's name brand and 80+ gold. what do you mean by boards?

this build is for gaming only youtube and downloading .. But not like Adobe or coding. and for Monitor's i would like to go rip display no Ultrawide. but i'm not to considering about it ATM. But everyone's 2 cent's is welcomed, 

Edited by Kearney36950

20 hours ago, Tacos4all said:

Due to the new line of CPU's rumored to hit the shelves next year, if you decide to go intel, I would wait if you can. If you wanna build this soon, or this holiday season, go with AMD to have a better shot at Mobo compatibility for future CPU upgrades. Considering the holiday season is usually the best time to buy components, I would recommend going with Team Red on this one.

As far as the rest of the build. I would recommend ditching the 1TB HDD and go with a 1TB SSD. Have the 240GB for a boot drive and day-to-day applications. The 2TB for mass storage, and 1TB SSD for games. You could even go smaller if you don't mind reinstalling games or moving them back and forth between HDD and SSD as you need them. I suppose your use case may vary from mine, but that's my personal setup. Also, GTA V has some notable stability problems running off an HDD, not to mention some of the longest load times I have ever experienced. But personally I have stuttering problems when running it on an HDD, and so have my friends so I don't think it was an issue of my system.

Also I would recommend going with a 2080 Ti. If it is within your budget, shell out the extra $300 and you'll get your desired FPS WITH high settings on mostly any game. Tallying all your stuff up on Newegg it should still be within your upper budget of $3k. However if you shop around and take advantage of the holiday sales, you could save a buck or two.

yes the holiday sale's is when i want to build this if i find good deal's then ill but it. If i can't find good deal's then i might push it back a month or 2.But i do agree about the SSD for gaming i might looks in to that if i can find a good deal come holiday's. and GTAV load time's sucks ass lol.... But if i can get a Ti on th cheap i might get it. I saw so you-tube videos of a 2080, super and TI side by side and the FPS was not to far off from each other. But if i can get it on a deal the TI will make it's way in to the build. 

3 minutes ago, Kearney36950 said:

It's name brand and 80+ gold

Name brand means nothing.

80+ gold is an efficiency rating, says nothing else about the PSU. 

The G3 has issues worth avoiding. 

5 minutes ago, Kearney36950 said:

so my budget is like 2k to 3k i'm trying to stay under $2.500...

And that budget includes?

On 11/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, agent2 said:

Dude I can definitely say in the AMD build go for the ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming as it's new chipset and has a really good and well cooled VRM and tons of I/O. And switch to an NVMe SSD that get you a lot of extra performance such as the Corsair MP600 or the Gigabyte Aorus PCIe 4 SSD. Otherwise you have a really solid build there and make sure the RAM timing on that Ripjaws kit is 16-16-16-36. So here's my two cents on this. 

Cheers mate! ;)

Dude thank's i look in to it tomorrow or later about the everything u posted about i gotta go back to my list and see what i can tweek. But the ram timming was sumthing i was looking at i'l post what it is, when i see it again i think it was low like that. again ty.

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Name brand means nothing.

80+ gold is an efficiency rating, says nothing else about the PSU. 

The G3 has issues worth avoiding. 

And that budget includes?

i will circle back to the PSU soon and look for a better one.  But  what do you mean "And that budget includes?" it includes money? lol i don't what you're getting at my dude i need to to dim it down for me king-wasabi.

11 minutes ago, Kearney36950 said:

But  what do you mean "And that budget includes?" it includes money? lol i don't what you're getting at my dude i need to to dim it down for me king-wasabi.

What do you intent to get with the budget?

Monitor?

Tower?

Peripherals?

On 11/4/2019 at 2:03 PM, Kearney36950 said:

yes the holiday sale's is when i want to build this if i find good deal's then ill but it. If i can't find good deal's then i might push it back a month or 2.But i do agree about the SSD for gaming i might looks in to that if i can find a good deal come holiday's. and GTAV load time's sucks ass lol.... But if i can get a Ti on th cheap i might get it. I saw so you-tube videos of a 2080, super and TI side by side and the FPS was not to far off from each other. But if i can get it on a deal the TI will make it's way in to the build. 

Whatever you choose, enjoy the PC. Shaping up to be a beast, no matter the GPU. More importantly, enjoy the build itself!

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive