HELIOS - ASSEMBLED 2015-SEP-06 - (Caselabs SMH10 | Black/Copper | EVGA SR-2 )

I see... lol, I guess your mind is set on that, I know I personally run F@H on windows XP because that is the OS that I had within my grasp at the time ( I literally looked around and saw a XP disc, so that is what I used ) I never expected to not be able to use Linux, Hopefully the developers stop being lazy and actually do something about that, : /    

Oh well it is what it is and we have our reasons, obviously yours is a little thought out then mine but I respect it.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Well, basically I saw the SR-2, fell in love and thought it would be rather ridiculous

if I didn't put that computing power to some good use, so that was the second scenario.

The Titan on the other hand I specifically bought for computing. It's overprized as it

is, but computing at least can make good use of its power, whereas it is way too expensive

for gaming unless you're running some totally ridiculous screen setup.

If the 780 had come out sooner I might have bought that one, but considering what a

stunning piece of engineering the Titan is and its capability to run double-precision

floating point ops (which may actually be of some use in some computing scenarios)

I can't say I regret buying the Titan.

So, to make it short: With regards to the CPU it was the second one, concerning the

GPU it's the first answer.

As for F@H vs BOINC, I will simply quote a post I made about the topic on OC3D here.

It's a topic that's pretty important to me, so I may as well address it now.

So what was the SR-1? I have been looking for it but i can't find what it is! SR-2 i know is a board.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I see... lol, I guess your mind is set on that, I know I personally run F@H on windows XP because that is the OS that I had within my grasp at the time ( I literally looked around and saw a XP disc, so that is what I used ) I never expected to not be able to use Linux, Hopefully the developers stop being lazy and actually do something about that, : /    

Oh well it is what it is and we have our reasons, obviously yours is a little thought out then mine but I respect it.

As long as you only do CPU folding it works very well on Linux. I got to almost 10 Million

credits before switching to BOINC. It's not that I hate F@H, but over time I have come to

be rather seriously annoyed (as evident :lol: ) by all those small niggles.

But after all, F@H is still a very nice project doing important work, so you won't see me

scold anyone for running it. I'm just annoyed with the project's management, not with its

purpose.

So what was the SR-1? I have been looking for it but i can't find what it is! SR-2 i know is a board.

The EVGA SR-2 was so named due to its dual socket layout, not because it was the

second board in a series. AFAIK there never was an SR-1. This is also the reason the SR-X

was not called the SR-3, since it does not have three CPU sockets (not that SR-X makes

much sense either, personally I would have probably called it SR-2 Mk. II or something

like that).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

wow nice work!

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

wow nice work!

Thanks! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

The 24-pin looks amazing routed that way. Good work!

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

That sleeving... holy crap, teach me master.. 

sheds a tear

So beautiful...

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

'SR-2 Mk. II'

That actually has a REALLY nice ring to it! :P Why aren't you working for EVGA, hopefully you can think of some better names for them.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

The 24-pin looks amazing routed that way. Good work!

Thank you! I've actually improved a bit on it (I think ;)). Redid the lacing on

Sunday to strengthen the harness and make it look more straight.

That sleeving... holy crap, teach me master.. 

sheds a tear

So beautiful...

Thank you.

Well, if you really want to do it, I recommend having a look at Lutr0's thread and

my cable lacing tutorial. The only thing I haven't done a tutorial on (yet) is how

I did the sleeving, but everything else is in there. Most important thing is simply

being very patient. ;)

That actually has a REALLY nice ring to it! :P Why aren't you working for EVGA, hopefully you can think of some better names for them.

Thanks, IKR?! When I first heard they were going to name it SR-X I almost facepalmed. I

mean, that's what the bloody Mk designations were invented for! You could use an established

(and, let's be honest, pretty much legendary) product name for a very long time. Anyone

even remotely interested in computers would listen up as soon as the SR-2 moniker is

mentioned.

If you don't like the Mk. thing, you could either use the year of its market introduction

(sort of like car manufacturers do: Porsche 911 model 2006) or maybe the platform (SR-2,

socket 2011) or a myriad of other nice alternatives.

Then again, seeing as the SR-X will probably be the last of these kinds of boards from

EVGA for a while (and a rather disappointing one at that, for many, many reasons) it

likely doesn't matter all that much. The SR-2 was pretty unique, coming exactly at

the right time with exactly the right feature set, sort of like the Asus PC-DL back

in 2003. I think it will be quite a few years before we see anything make this much

of a ruckus in the enthusiast community again.

On another note: I have clearly been thinking way too much about this... :lol:

I saw the tutorial :D

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

I saw the tutorial :D

Good, good, all is going according to plan... *evil laugh* :lol:

Good, good, all is going according to plan... *evil laugh* :lol:

Don't you have work to be doing, doctor evil?  ;)

ZFS tutorial

Don't you have work to be doing, doctor evil?  ;)

Played around with system encryption today. Results are mixed so far, can't boot

the kernel... :(

Ah well, maybe I'll just run an unencrypted system with encrypted data partitions,

we'll see. I'll try again tomorrow. But it would be nice to be able to encrypt my

plans for world domination, otherwise just anyone can read them. :lol:

Your sleeving looks absolutely amazing!! :lol:

Fat! :D

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Coming from somebody with your skills that's quite a compliment, thanks! :)

EDIT:

Fat! :D

:lol:

I usually only read and don't post in topics that are not storage/server related, but I just had to respond this time because this build is awesome!

Here is a reward:

schnitzel.jpg

I'll get you anotherone when you receive your second Build of the Week thing :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I usually only read and don't post in topics that are not storage/server related, but is just had to respond this time because this build is awesome!

Here is a reward:

schnitzel.jpg

I'll get you anotherone when you receive your second Build of the Week thing :P

Dammit, now I'm hungry! :lol:

Seriously, thanks man! :)

Woah, man! It looks so beautiful! I don't think I could ever be so commited to something like this, or patient enough. This is real skill. :)

Woah, man! It looks so beautiful! I don't think I could ever be so commited to something like this, or patient enough. This is real skill. :)

Haha, well, I have the time at the moment. :D

Thank you!

damn it, when I got the notification I thought there was a update! 

:p

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Just wow, that sleeving is just out of this world! As I said, it looks insanely professional, as it's been done by someone who's doing it for a living. Knowing that this is just your hobby, makes this even more outstanding! 

I'm pretty sure that this is going to be your second Buildlog of the Week, alpenwasser :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

looney, on 14 Jul 2013 - 4:42 PM, said:

damn it, when I got the notification I thought there was a update!

:P

Haha, very sorry about that... :unsure:

Homicidium, on 14 Jul 2013 - 5:15 PM, said:

Just wow, that sleeving is just out of this world! As I said, it looks insanely professional, as it's been done by someone who's doing it for a living. Knowing that this is just your hobby, makes this even more outstanding!

Thank you very much for the kind words. I do have to admit that I probably wouldn't

want to do this for a living, it does get a bit taxing on the nerves with time (it

just takes forever...). But as a hobby it's pretty ok. :D

Homicidium, on 14 Jul 2013 - 5:15 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that this is going to be your second Buildlog of the Week, alpenwasser :D

Hehe, well I don't want to get cocky (you know, hubris and all that stuff, it never ends

well), but I can't claim to mind other people saying things like that... ;)

Current Status

I'm still experimenting with the copper tubing at the moment. I think it's feasible,

but since I need to thoroughly test each possible approach for leaks as well as its

possible long-term stability this is a rather slow process. The basic problem is that

I can't use bent pipes because it's not possible to get bend radii which are tight

enough for my purposes, so I need to find alternatives. I did have a solution for

the tubing with bends, but I can't use that now. So... this might take a little while.

I will make an update with a few more details on the sleeving in the next few days,

primarily to show some specifics about the Platimax and my solutions to certain

problems the PSU may present to anyone else interested in sleeving it.

Haha, very sorry about that... :unsure:

Thank you very much for the kind words. I do have to admit that I probably wouldn't

want to do this for a living, it does get a bit taxing on the nerves with time (it

just takes forever...). But as a hobby it's pretty ok. :D

Hehe, well I don't want to get cocky (you know, hubris and all that stuff, it never ends

well), but I can't claim to mind other people saying things like that... ;)

Current Status

I'm still experimenting with the copper tubing at the moment. I think it's feasible,

but since I need to thoroughly test each possible approach for leaks as well as its

possible long-term stability this is a rather slow process. The basic problem is that

I can't use bent pipes because it's not possible to get bend radii which are tight

enough for my purposes, so I need to find alternatives. I did have a solution for

the tubing with bends, but I can't use that now. So... this might take a little while.

I will make an update with a few more details on the sleeving in the next few days,

primarily to show some specifics about the Platimax and my solutions to certain

problems the PSU may present to anyone else interested in sleeving it.

try and make the tubing as straight as possible and use a whole bunch of right angle fittings its an idea but its entirely up to you