HELIOS - ASSEMBLED 2015-SEP-06 - (Caselabs SMH10 | Black/Copper | EVGA SR-2 )

I think he was talking about the writing on the black block where the fittings go.

Ah, yeah. I could paint over that, but modifying it and not cock it

up is a bit beyond my capabilities I think. ;)

What you could do to make the TITAN engraving black is

<recipe>

Seems reasonably easy and not time consuming at all (except for the drying time).

That actually sounds like it's worth a small experiment. If I fail

I can always wipe off the paint before it's dried, it takes a while

to really set. I need to think about this for a bit. 

I am so glad to know that you get happy by browsing this forum and reading the reply's. I mean, we get to see awesome pictures and idea's come to reality, while you do the hard work but with a big smile on your face. (I hope!)

This is awesome!

Well, you know, it's what I call a win-win situation. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I think he was talking about the writing on the black block where the fittings go.

What you could do to make the TITAN engraving black is

1. cover the whole block in masking tape,
  2. cut out the tape covering the engraving using a SHARP cutter,
  3. spray paint the engraving black,
  4. take off the masking tap.

Seems reasonably easy and not time consuming at all (except for the drying time).

There is a much easier way of doing recessed infills.

Get a diabetic syringe with needle,fill with paint then very gently flood fill the lettering with it.

Leaves a nice clean edge that looks great.

If you want to mask stuff like this then its better to use frisket film as it doesnt bleed around the edges like masking tape.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

To get copper paint just spray into the lid dude.. I think copper writing on the stuff would just look amazing.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

That actually sounds like it's worth a small experiment. If I fail

I can always wipe off the paint before it's dried, it takes a while

to really set. I need to think about this for a bit.

If you keep some white spirit handy, you should be fine :)

Get a diabetic syringe with needle,fill with paint then very gently flood fill the lettering with it.

Sounds like you've done this before :)

Wouldn't that leave one big "mass" of paint in the engraving instead of just painting the insides? Or am I over imagining the amount of paint you intend to release?

If you have done this before, I'd love to see a picture, because it does sound beautiful (that edge you're talking about)

Wouldn't that leave one big "mass" of paint in the engraving instead of just painting the insides? Or am I over imagining the amount of paint you intend to release?

If you have done this before, I'd love to see a picture, because it does sound beautiful (that edge you're talking about)

Paint out of a can is incredibly thin. So you need quite a lot to flood with (if that makes sense). Now household gloss paints etc? yeah, tons thicker. I actually thin down gloss paint for the first coat, saves me money :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

What tends to happen is the paint shrinks away as the solvents disperse,it does fill the recess a little as you say.

I used it on a EK GPU block.

PRE94kH.jpg

Sadly not the best of shots.....

Obviously when the object you want to fill gets larger,the less effective this method is then you can move on to spraying as you said earlier.

Also,as pointed out,the paint needs to be thinned out for the best effect,the more spread and settle it has,the better.

I need to finish a spray paint guide,i will add a little video demoing this technique in it also. Its one of those jobs thats quite instant and satisfying.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

PRE94kH.jpg

OK, that looks freaking fantastic!

I need to finish a spray paint guide,i will add a little video demoing this technique in it also. Its one of those jobs that's quite instant and satisfying.

If you do (and @alpenwasser doesn't mind), be sure to link to it here, so I don't miss it!

What tends to happen is the paint shrinks away as the solvents disperse,it does fill the recess a little as you say.

I used it on a EK GPU block.

PRE94kH.jpg

Sadly not the best of shots.....

Obviously when the object you want to fill gets larger,the less effective this method is then you can move on to spraying as you said earlier.

Also,as pointed out,the paint needs to be thinned out for the best effect,the more spread and settle it has,the better.

I need to finish a spray paint guide,i will add a little video demoing this technique in it also. Its one of those jobs thats quite instant and satisfying.

Looks reallly good.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Oh yes, I like that idea. The engraving on the Titan block seems to

be deep enough for this to be feasible.

To get copper paint just spray into the lid dude.. I think copper writing on the stuff would just look amazing.

I agree that if done right it would most certainly look awesome (I'm assuming

you're talking about the writing on the acetal terminal?). But I seriously

doubt I could get it right, the text is just too fine. Besides that, I don't

have that much copper paint left, and using it for something like this would

consume a disproportionally large amount of paint. I most likely still need

to paint some other small stuff, and I don't want to have to order more of

that paint. For one thing it's pretty expensive, and also the supplier I ordered

from doesn't seem to carry the copper variety anymore, so I'm not even sure

I could get more if needed.

OK, that looks freaking fantastic!

Oh yes, it really, really does. :D 

If you do (and @alpenwasser doesn't mind), be sure to link to it here, so I don't miss it!

Nah, I wouldn't mind.

OK then, I'm running out of excuses not to try to make the Titan engraving

black. I have some Humbrol enamel paint and paint thinner which might actually

be suitable for this, I'll play around a bit. I don't have any suitable syringes

at the moment, so I'll either need to find a suitable substitute method or get

some syringes. Don't expect results too soon though, this might take me a bit

to get done.

Regardless of the eventual result: Thanks for the help everyone, it is most

certainly appreciated! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

@alpenwasser will you marry me?

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

@alpenwasser will you marry me?

You seem like a great catch for a human, but sadly for you my heart already

belongs to my dog. wub-animated.gif

2013-04-22--dinner.jpg

(No, he's not fed from my pan, he's just allowed to lick it clean on rare

occasions, as long as there's nothing in there which is bad for his digestion;

which isn't a big problem since he's mixed breed and not very susceptible

to that, and yes, he's very well trained and behaved, he only takes what is

given to him. Just before anyone starts wining. ;))

Not that I don't appreciate the proposal, it's certainly very flattering.

-adorable dog-

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, now the build log is complete! Or was it a cat? I dont care.. I love it anyway! I have to say, I love my dog aswell! So I don't blame you. 

Tchiko the shower! (the picture is amazingly suprisingly big! Took it with my phone.. and I am clueless how to scale it down haha) 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, now the build log is complete! Or was it a cat? I dont care.. I love it anyway! I have to say, I love my dog aswell! So I don't blame you. 

Tchiko the shower! (the picture is amazingly suprisingly big! Took it with my phone.. and I am clueless how to scale it down haha)

Yeah I think now we've covered pretty much everything: The actual build, food,

lots of philosophizing and pets. :lol:

I thought for quite a bit about how to scale images for different forums and

purposes, eventually I decided to rent my own web server and wrote a PHP script

which allows me to put out images at different sizes. Makes things look

tidy and saves bandwidth (and I can still link the full res pic). :)

Also: Your little buddy looks quite adorable in that pic as well. :wub:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW wub-animated.gifwub-animated.gifwub-animated.gifwub-animated.gif

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW wub-animated.gifwub-animated.gifwub-animated.gifwub-animated.gif

I see the smileys on my server are being put to good use. :D

Yeah I think now we've covered pretty much everything: The actual build, food,

lots of philosophizing and pets. :lol:

Also: Your little buddy looks quite adorable in that pic as well. :wub:

Haha, he is never to happy when I have to shower him! So I was amazed when he put up that smile when I tried to take a picture. 

I just quickly browsed in my phone for pictures off him, found that as first haha. Dogs are awesome!  :wub:

Haha, he is never to happy when I have to shower him! So I was amazed when he put up that smile when I tried to take a picture. 

I just quickly browsed in my phone for pictures off him, found that as first haha. Dogs are awesome!  :wub:

Yeah, mine isn't too fond of showers either. Luckily there is only need

for that when he's really dirty and refuses to go wash off in the creek

close to where we live or whichever body of water we happen to be close

to (he loves to swim, but when he's wet he also loves to roll around on

the ground, so occasionally he gets a bit dirty :rolleyes: ).

And agreed. :)

I truly love the people around here! We sit back and figure out more work for you to do. These are really the best kind of Logs, because we all get to experience the mod as it develops. We just have to be a little patient, because actual building takes a lot of time, especially for those of us that haven't built 20 systems. Your work is exceptional my friend, just keep doing what your doing!

I truly love the people around here! We sit back and figure out more work for you to do. These are really the best kind of Logs, because we all get to experience the mod as it develops. We just have to be a little patient, because actual building takes a lot of time, especially for those of us that haven't built 20 systems. Your work is exceptional my friend, just keep doing what your doing!

Yup, there's some real, actually constructive input going on here, and

I agree it definitely adds not just to the build but also makes the log

much more worth reading and maintaining. Very cool. :)

But yeah, good things usually take their time. And thanks for the compliments,

I shall now go trot along. ;)

On a side note: It seems my dog gets easily more likes than my status

updates. Since dog>(everything else) in my life, that's totally cool with me. :D

Ok, Alpenwasser, your dog looks awesome. What mix of breeds is he? I'm guessing a German Shepherd (my favorite breed) + something?

My girlfriend has five dogs, so I've grown to be a bit of a dog person myself over the years :)

Ok, Alpenwasser, your dog looks awesome. What mix of breeds is he? I'm guessing a German Shepherd (my favorite breed) + something?

My girlfriend has five dogs, so I've grown to be a bit of a dog person myself over the years :)

First of all: Thanks!

He's actually a mix between a Newfoundland and an Appenzeller Sennenhund. He

has the thick undercoat of the Newfoundland as well as the webbed feet for

swimming (which he loves), and gets the bendy tail and colour mostly from

the Appenzeller (as well as a tad of stubbornness from time to time, although

in general he is extremely well behaved and follows commands almost to a T).

He'll be 13 in December and currently weighs 34 kg. I reckon he'll probably gain

a few pounds over the winter again, but such is life (he was a few kg heavier

before summer but lost some weight because we were outside playing, swimming

and running around a lot).

He's not actually my dog though, he came into the family with my dad's GF

but has been living mostly with me for the past 18 months or so (so I just

consider him to be my precious now :D). We have two apartments, and my dad

and his GF usually stay were where I live over the weekend and in the other

apartment with her family during the week since her kids are a bit younger

than I am.

Five dogs? Holy crap, that sounds like a lot of (adorable) work. :o:D

Five dogs? Holy crap, that sounds like a lot of (adorable) work. :o:D

Hah, its the same as 1.. just times 5. I wouldn't mind, we are maybe getting another soon.

*blah blah blah my precious dog blah blah schnitzels*

My dog is in my About Me page and hes going to be 6 on March and he still acts like a puppy. He's too adorable and he just can't possibly be mean. Sadly, I live with my mom so I get to really spen time with him once every 2 weeks.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

*blablabla puppy power blabla bla almost 6 blabla brownie*

He is adorable! My dog is 7 and is still a puppy too! Full of energy, I should spend more time with him.. 

Hah, its the same as 1.. just times 5. I wouldn't mind, we are maybe getting another soon.

Haha, I suppose. Although from what I've heard even the one with me was a lot

of work to properly train, basically another part time job for his first years.

My dog is in my About Me page and hes going to be 6 on March and he still acts like a puppy. He's too adorable and he just can't possibly be mean. Sadly, I live with my mom so I get to really spen time with him once every 2 weeks.

Now that is some adorability right there, dear sir!

Full of energy, I should spend more time with him..

Yes you should! :D

(before anyone complains: my buddy is snoozing right besides me at the moment.)

Also, I have made a small update to the cable lacing tutorial, for those interested.