HELIOS - ASSEMBLED 2015-SEP-06 - (Caselabs SMH10 | Black/Copper | EVGA SR-2 )

What about when the copper starts going green? :P looks amazing so far :)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

if everything is setup right and the copper has the right treatment it shouldn't be an issue^^ It looks insane that's what matters :)

@alpenwasser, get well bro!

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Wow that copper front plate on the fan controller is uber sexy. :)

Thanks man, I am quite happy with it. :)

Finish this now so I can see it! :D

check the status on his profile...

Yup. ;) 

Oh wow I'm sorry...I didn't know :/

That's OK, I appreciate your enthusiasm. :)

Wow, rly nicr looking so far.. fantastic cabel management!!!

Thanks, it better be with having taken so long. :D

I have found it actually goes more black than green when it's polished.

if everything is setup right and the copper has the right treatment it shouldn't be an issue^^ It looks insane that's what matters :)

Yup. I intend to put a protective clear coat over it.

@alpenwasser, get well bro!

Thanks, I'll do my best! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

That's OK, I appreciate your enthusiasm. :)

You do such great work and you're part of my inspiration to mod my case. I'm thinking of picking up some nylon for when I sleeve my cables :D

Hope you feel better soon man!

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Get well soon!

And keep this build commin, Im really diggin it.. =)

You do such great work and you're part of my inspiration to mod my case. I'm thinking of picking up some nylon for when I sleeve my cables :D

Thanks man, inspiring other people is one of the nicest compliments one can

get I think. :)

Hope you feel better soon man!

Get well soon!

And keep this build commin, Im really diggin it.. =)

Thanks for the support folks! The broadband antibiotics they have me on are

currently screwing with me a bit (specifically, they've shot my digestive

system to pieces, a rather... interesting experience, to say the least :( ).

This was to be expected, but it's still a pretty shitty experience (literally :lol: ).

However, the healing process itself seems to be on track so far, which is nice.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

This was to be expected, but it's still a pretty shitty experience (literally :lol: ).

This seems like you're being treated for a bad illness. I was under the impression your hospital visit was scheduled. This leaves me confused :S

Do you plan out being sick? :D

Just kidding, eh! You don't have to tell us what's wrong ; )

Thanks man, inspiring other people is one of the nicest compliments one can

get I think. :)

nice whats the ETA for your recovery cant wait to see more :)

also from above about inspiring people you inspired me to try and do a watercooling build if i have the money 

This seems like you're being treated for a bad illness. I was under the impression your hospital visit was scheduled. This leaves me confused :S

Do you plan out being sick? :D

Yes, it's all one big conspiracy. :D

Seriously though, it was a bone infection. They had to remove the infected

parts of bone and surrounding tissue. But in order to prevent the infection

from coming back and to kill all the remaining evil-doers remaining in my system

some serious antibiotic cannons are required (which come with corresponding

side effects, naturally).

So yes, this was scheduled (the infection had been present and known for a while).

But because infections are kind of unpredictable exact planning was and is hardly

possible.

nice whats the ETA for your recovery cant wait to see more :)

also from above about inspiring people you inspired me to try and do a watercooling build if i have the money

ETA currently not available. And have fun with w/c, it's awesome!

from coming back and to kill all the remaining evil-doers remaining in my system

Oh dude that's heavy  :( I really do wish you a speedy recovery. You inspire us all Alpenwasser (if that is your real name  ;))

Get will soon buddy. You have the support of all your fans and the rest of the forum.  :lol:

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

So yes, this was scheduled (the infection had been present and known for a while).

But because infections are kind of unpredictable exact planning was and is hardly

possible.

Sounds pretty serious to me. :/

I honestly hope you get better without too much repersussions.

On a positive sidenote: the forum's not down :P

Get well soon mate, we'll still be here waiting for some more hardware P0rn :D.

Wow, this has to been the most viewed Build Log thread ever. 35,000 Views and counting! :o 

Anyways, can't wait for the next update :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Oh dude that's heavy  :( I really do wish you a speedy recovery. You inspire us all Alpenwasser (if that is your real name  ;))

Get will soon buddy. You have the support of all your fans and the rest of the forum.  :lol:

Well, compared to my two roommates I'm doing rather well, so at least there's that.

And of course alpenwasser is my real name. :D 

Sounds pretty serious to me. :/

I honestly hope you get better without too much repersussions.

On a positive sidenote: the forum's not down :P

It's not life-threatening, but just takes a lot of energy and time to recuperate

from.

Get well soon mate, we'll still be here waiting for some more hardware P0rn :D.

Thanks!

Wow, this has to been the most viewed Build Log thread ever. 35,000 Views and counting! :o 

Anyways, can't wait for the next update :)

Well, there's always PBaines' desk build (almost 77 000 views :D ). But yeah, I'm

definitely very happy with the response I've gotten for this build. :)

I smell an awesome build here! *sniff sniff*

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

Broadband antibiotics are the *shit* indeed ;)

Try an infected jawbone.. after havin a wisdomtooth removed.. 

Thats fun, too.

Especially since everythin tastes the same. Like socks that you wore for 3 weeks :D

Just hopin you pull thru. 

Take your time :)

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm not fully combat-ready but I've finally caught up with all my emails, notifications

etc.

Looking good :-)

I smell an awesome build here! *sniff sniff*

Thanks fellas! :) 

Broadband antibiotics are the *shit* indeed ;)

Try an infected jawbone.. after havin a wisdomtooth removed.. 

Thats fun, too.

Especially since everythin tastes the same. Like socks that you wore for 3 weeks :D

Just hopin you pull thru. 

Take your time :)

That does not sound like fun at all :(

My bone infection was in the coccyx, so for now I have some trouble with sitting

(yeah, yeah, I've heard the jokes, or even made them myself :lol: ).

Luckily, I've now been able to switch to a less drastic antibiotic, which so far

does not seem to have much in the area of side effects.

Build Status

I'm still not @100% yet, and college starts next week, so things won't be moving

quickly any time soon. However, they will be moving. ;)

I'm currently waiting on some parts, which should hopefully get here some time next

week.

Until then,

-aw

OK, I'm not fully combat-ready but I've finally caught up with all my emails, notifications

etc.

Thanks fellas! :) 

That does not sound like fun at all :(

My bone infection was in the coccyx, so for now I have some trouble with sitting

Luckily, I've now been able to switch to a less drastic antibiotic, which so far

does not seem to have much in the area of side effects.

Build Status

I'm still not @100% yet, and college starts next week, so things won't be moving

quickly any time soon. However, they will be moving. ;)

I'm currently waiting on some parts, which should hopefully get here some time next

week.

Until then,

-aw

FIANLLY!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Here, at the LinusTechTips Forums, we NEVER joke about people that use butt plugs!

On a more serious note: it's good to have you back... It was getting kinda crazy around here... People running around, losing their head without proper updates on HELIOS.

FIANLLY!!!!

Talking about crazy: this dude has been sitting in the corner of his room, shaking and shouting about HELIOS the whole time you were gone. Now, he is so excited that he can't even spell properly!

Disclaimer: all of the above is meant as a joke (except the 'good to have you back' bit)

FIANLLY!!!!

:D

Here, at the LinusTechTips Forums, we NEVER joke about people that use butt plugs!

Yeah, I need to dial it back a bit with all the booty secks... :lol:

On a more serious note: it's good to have you back... It was getting kinda crazy around here... People running around, losing their head without proper updates on HELIOS.

Talking about crazy: this dude has been sitting in the corner of his room, shaking and shouting about HELIOS the whole time you were gone. Now, he is so excited that he can't even spell properly!

Imagine how bad my withdrawal symptoms have been, I'm not just a viewer,

I'm the guy who needs to build! :lol:

Seriously though, really looking forward to continuing with this.

Disclaimer: all of the above is meant as a joke (except the 'good to have you back' bit)

HEY! Lets get something straight before we start a fight! I was in my garage! HAH!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Good to see it back on track :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

How do you feel? Are you allright? Great to hear you are going to make stuff again! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua