Asus ROG Strix b450-i and DRAM LED problem on boot

Hi

Been reading a ton of different posts, here on the forum, reddit and so on regarding the DRAM LED on my motherboard, But no luck in fixing my problem as all the posts are about people being stuck at the DRAM LED but i am able to get past it.

My computer have this issue, where i power on my computer i get the orage DRAM LED lighting up on my motherboard asus rog strix b450 i gaming.

Then i unplug the power, clear the bios and plug the power back in and then some times the board will now boot with no problem and go into the bios.

There i load the default config and "save and reset" and the computer now boots into windows with no problems.

Then when i go and shutdown the computer and when i power it back up, it will then have the DRAM LED lighting up again and i have to clear the BIOS and repeart the process before i can boot into windows.

Temps are all good and nothing special there.

CPU and Memory are all running default config, but have also tried with a config that would fit them ok.  NO luck.

Things checked and tried !

• Tried to use just one of the memory modules i have and then swap it for the other and also used both modules, no luck there.
  • Checked all cables CPU and 24 pin they are ok.
  • Checked the graphics card power and the card it self all ok.
  • Checked the CPU cooler and that i have correct mounting pressure and its ok.
  • Disconnected all but the OS drive.
  • Latest BIOS from Asus
  • Latest drivers from Asus.

Config of the system

• Asus ROG Strix b450 i 
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • G.Skill Trident Z 2x16 GB 3200MHz (F4-3200C16D-32GTZRX)
  • Asus GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
  • WD Black m.2 NVME SSD 500GB
  • Kraken M22 AIO
  • CORSAIR 450W SF450M Modular 80+Gold

The only thing i can think of is that the PSU is to small as some games will crash after some time, like Destiny 2 with the error code "broccoli" that indicate that there was a problem with the graphics card. and so i have ordered a new one that should come tomorrow.

CORSAIR SF Series SF600 80 PLUS Platinum 600 Watt

But i dont really follow how this should affect the boot of the machine and in any case would trigger the DRAM LED, as i would guess if it where a problem with the graphics card and the power to it the VGA LED on the motherboard would light up..

But i am open to other ideas.

Screenshots from CPU-Z and GPU-Z for ekstra information.

001.JPG.87d3edc07cf3caf50e9b8d740357c8ed.JPG

002.JPG.db74c7688ba95066be7f3eeb26142c8a.JPG

004.JPG.fb9845c0018071b21fdc4f8ee279ddb7.JPG

006.JPG.f927994367da2942ad5bb41ea47c3592.JPG

003.JPG

I do advise getting a slightly more powerful, higher quality?, psu.

a 550w unit will be perfect for your case. 
have a look at Corsair RMx / TXM

If wanting to spend slight less money you could look at  Corsair CX or be quiet pure power 11 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

@Stormseeker9 The CORSAIR SF Series SF600 80 PLUS Platinum 600 Watt is already in the mail and I should have it by tomorrow.

So hoping that will help ... 
Also i just tried to flash my bios back one version and see if this will help.

Just now, Vonplaf said:

@Stormseeker9 The CORSAIR SF Series SF600 80 PLUS Platinum 600 Watt is already in the mail and I should have it by tomorrow.

So hoping that will help ... 
Also i just tried to flash my bios back one version and see if this will help.

Okay. Good choice. Forgot about the SF factor haha

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD