Steel Series Outs 2 New Keyboards That Are Fully Back-lit

vanwazltoff
I hate the placement of the macro keys. Personally i need the space to the left of the Esc to be empty, It's easier to reach :P 'Just top left'
P.S, Do i see diagonal arrow keys on the arrow pad? Is that really neccesary lol.

i dont see the point of paying more than $50 on a keyboard, $100 max for a mechanical. i am a strong believer that all your money should be in your tower, pair that with a good screen and peripherals that are comfortable and not over-killed with features.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

The thing that caught my eye was the view from the side, really sleek!! As far as the keyboard goes though no thanks. Don't want a membrane keyboard and there are waaaay too many macro keys. Also, that space bar is very odd indeed.

nah.. Saw that keyboard some days ago, just reminded me about the CYBORG keyboard.

MEH

I really have no idea what SteelSeries is trying to do with these keyboards....

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

That's an interesting design, I'll give it that. I think it needs to be touched up a little bit more. Of course it might be super ergonomic and work wonders but judging from that pic I wont be picking it up anytime soon.

As for the comments about people not wanting the macro keys because they don't play MMO's. I have to say macro keys are amazing and I do not play MMO's. The ability of using macro keys for just day to day use with various programs, files, folders, etc can make or break a keyboard for me.

if you have ever tried to play an intense flight simulator (DCS AC-10 for example) having the ability to add a couple dozen cockpit switches to the keyboard can change your gaming experience.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If only they were mechanical i would be into them even with the odd spacebar.

Steelseries, just make back-lit versions of the 6GV2 and 7G, you can thank me later when loads of people buy them.

Don't follow the SWAGYOLOWUBGAMING trend being spearheaded by MadCatz and Razer.

I think the only pros of this keyboard is the beautiful back-lighting. Other then that,I don't see anything good about this keyboard...
I'm curious to see how the big space bar actually works.

No gamer I know uses extra macro keys on a keyboard, because they are ALWAYS stupidly places and it seems Steel Series is following that trend.

Extra arrow keys for turning, and this is aimed at gamers, really?

It looks like a Star Trek prop that was rejected. The fact that it isn't even mechanical makes those keyboards totally uninteresting other than the fact it lights up like a christmas tree - if you are into that sort of thing.

I know some that do, but most people that I know with them don't really use them, I infact had the sidewinder x6, that was great as i had it enter all my passwords for me in my games... not to security smart, but i was young and had no money to steal back then.

Steelseries, just make back-lit versions of the 6GV2 and 7G, you can thank me later when loads of people buy them.

Don't follow the SWAGYOLOWUBGAMING trend being spearheaded by MadCatz and Razer.

i'd buy one, but only if they fixed the enter / backspace keys, that is the one regret of my 7G, a stupid backspace key...