Steel Series Outs 2 New Keyboards That Are Fully Back-lit

vanwazltoff

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

THEY'RE NOT MECHANICALLLLLLLLLLL

P.S. That spacebar looks REALLY stupid

Not a fan of the ugly space bar and I don't care for macro keys but I'm not much of an mmo player. Also, I prefer mechanical.

yeah it doesnt look like a mechanical keyboard.. too many macro keys..

obviously they want you jumping all over the place with the size of that bloody spacebar haha

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

As if the spacebar was hard to hit in the first place...

I would rather get that new mechanical keyboard Roccat is bringing out than this.

No gamer I know uses extra macro keys on a keyboard, because they are ALWAYS stupidly places and it seems Steel Series is following that trend.

Extra arrow keys for turning, and this is aimed at gamers, really?

It looks like a Star Trek prop that was rejected. The fact that it isn't even mechanical makes those keyboards totally uninteresting other than the fact it lights up like a christmas tree - if you are into that sort of thing.

No gamer I know uses extra macro keys on a keyboard, because they are ALWAYS stupidly places and it seems Steel Series is following that trend.

It looks like a Star Trek prop that was rejected. The fact that it isn't even mechanical makes those keyboards totally uninteresting other than the fact it lights up like a christmas tree - if you are into that sort of thing.

half of the macros on my sidewinder x4 are actually very easily accessible, though that is only 3 since it has 6 total haha. macros make way more sense on a mouse, you can easily have 4-6 thumb buttons and not have the slightest difficulty if they are well placed

I used a Sidewinder, and never used the side macros keys for gaming - nor have I used them on any keyboard. They are just simply too out of the way from the generic WSAD area to comfortably reach mid game. Much easier to just use normal keys and modifiers.

Side macros will never be more easily accessible than that, so they are ultimately pointless. Imo.

Good looking product, although i'm disappointed because it's not mechanical...

i have small fingers so reaching to my s5 macro is a lot easier than taking my hand off the keyboard and going all the way up to the escape button, i am that lazy haha. i use them for copy and paste when i actually remember too

Meh " gaming " keyboards. Slap the word gaming on a product and $$$$

the only things that set them apart is input lag and turning that stupid left windows key off, even then that doesnt define a keyboard. its more about a well layed out keyboard thats easy to type on, being able to see it at light is a big plus. gaming has a new meaning and its over the top with little return. my sidewinder x4 is perfect for everything, seeing in the dark, nice actuation, short throw, well layed, less finger fatigue with a slanted palms rest, the acceptable amount of macros [they can actually be helpful in daily computing such as copy and paste and the others are set to insults] anything over it is just over kill unless you have to have cherry mx switches

Ugh Overkill macro keys haha. I have owned many keyboards over the years.. Membrane, Mechanical, Wireless, Wired, " Gaming" As of right now i got a great deal on a Logitech K800 (30 bucks regular 100? ) Really nice membrane board and have zero complaints so far. I play games on a daily basis and love it. Oh and can turn off the windows key also :P Just an all around comfy feel for myself.

Not mechanical, not remotely interested. You would think Steelseries would know better but they are becoming Razerey.

Wow that spacebar is ugly. And us gamers want mechanical keyboards, not 50 macro keys.

it looks horrible. and why is the spacebar so big?

I can't think of anything to write here.

it looks horrible. and why is the spacebar so big?
maybe they call it the uber bar haha

Not very impressed. I've used the 7G extensively and I loved it, but I can't really get behind the design of these new keyboards (especially that space bar). Also, the exclusion of mechanical key switches is inexcusable for a gaming keyboard.

They rather should have released an updated 6GV2 or so, for instance adding a choice of switches, a TKL version or back-lit keys.

I'm sure the lighting looks quite nice in person, and even in the pictures it looks kinda neat. However, I would like to see a new mechanical keyboard from SteelSeries, maybe something a little more competitive with the new Logitech G710+.

They rather should have released an updated 6GV2 or so, for instance adding a choice of switches, a TKL version or back-lit keys.
Totally agree, I love SteelSeries products but they aren't really bringing much to the ecumenical keyboard market for a while now.

I think the only pros of this keyboard is the beautiful back-lighting. Other then that,I don't see anything good about this keyboard...

I hate the placement of the macro keys. Personally i need the space to the left of the Esc to be empty, It's easier to reach :P 'Just top left'