Forum losing its mind?

aisle9

As I'm replying in threads, I'm getting notifications that there's been a reply. I click to open it, and it's a duplicate post of one above. Same thing will repeat itself on down the line. It'll just cycle on through reposting the entire thread from start to finish. When I refresh the page or navigate off of the thread and back to it, everything looks fine. It's a temporary bit of weirdness that clears up with a refresh. A couple of screenshots are included below. The first shows the end of the page when the new replies notification shows up. There were 3 posts in this thread, so it's replicating the whole thing. The second image shows the thread with the posts doubled and the "3 new posts" notification popped up again.weird1.thumb.png.e077d2c3a91b6dd1ea10a69acafc5184.png

weird2.thumb.png.8d6e35d7f81be85623ef7444c300c5ea.png

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

As I'm replying in threads, I'm getting notifications that there's been a reply. I click to open it, and it's a duplicate post of one above. Same thing will repeat itself on down the line. It'll just cycle on through reposting the entire thread from start to finish. When I refresh the page or navigate off of the thread and back to it, everything looks fine. It's a temporary bit of weirdness that clears up with a refresh. A couple of screenshots are included below. The first shows the end of the page when the new replies notification shows up. There were 3 posts in this thread, so it's replicating the whole thing. The second image shows the thread with the posts doubled and the "3 new posts" notification popped up again.

Mine just did the same thing when I replied to you in the Comet Lake thread.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

This also just happened to me:

Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70

Extensions: Ghostery, AdGuard, LastPass, Nimbus, Simple Black Scrollbar, Google Images Restored

EDIT: Can replicate on every topic I view.

Spoiler

screenshot-linustechtips.com-2019_11.03-01_41_57.thumb.png.591d14a118606575e6193a57a9418dd6.png

Spoiler

Inkedltt1_LI.thumb.jpg.d1730f4752f8d201bd3f0c5cd7ba3d3c.jpg

~Air Cooling Advocate~

QsmTTIh.png

actually lost it

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

I just noticed there's a dark more. haha.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 hours ago, TheSLSAMG said:

3 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

4 hours ago, aisle9 said:

What browser, version and extensions are you using? I haven't experienced this so I want to see if there's a common trend. 

Also, anyone who is able to reproduce it, can you press f12 to open the dev tools, and switch to the network tab, then load a page where this happens and leave it open. Once it reproduces, right click on the list of requests and click save as har (with content if that's an option) (the exact name will depend on the browser). Send me the produced file IN A PM (it contains sensitive info). 

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

What browser, version and extensions are you using? I haven't experienced this so I want to see if there's a common trend. 

Also, anyone who is able to reproduce it, can you press f12 to open the dev tools, and switch to the network tab, then load a page where this happens and leave it open. Once it reproduces, right click on the list of requests and click save as har (with content if that's an option) (the exact name will depend on the browser). Send me the produced file IN A PM (it contains sensitive info). 

i saw it when on the yandex beta browser

1 minute ago, RelativeMono said:

i saw it when on the yandex beta browser

The supported browsers are up-to-date versions of Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Other browsers might work, but are not actively supported.

HTTP/2 203

47 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

The supported browsers are up-to-date versions of Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Other browsers might work, but are not actively supported.

yandex is chrome

but i doubt the other guy is on yandex, so it could just be a chrome thing.

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

image.thumb.png.1be580e21b26e643db72910f5d15d616.png

5 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

image.thumb.png.1be580e21b26e643db72910f5d15d616.png

Does it happen with those addons disabled, and are you able to capture the HAR as mentioned above? This seems to be affecting a few people, but I can't reproduce it.

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis I am not able to reproduce it anymore. Like I said above, it was happening on every topic I viewed last night.

It seems like the bug is hiding underneath the couch at the moment...

~Air Cooling Advocate~

yep same here the form isnt working right lately for me. I sometimes havent even gotten notifications until a few hours after the person commented.

15 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does it happen with those addons disabled, and are you able to capture the HAR as mentioned above? This seems to be affecting a few people, but I can't reproduce it.

I can't reproduce it anymore. Whatever was happening, it seems to have stopped.

Not happening in Firefox

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

When it broke, was it by any chance during the hour immediately before or after daylight savings time ended in your time zone?

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

When it broke, was it by any chance during the hour immediately before or after daylight savings time ended in your time zone?

Going by the time of the OP, yes. I posted this as it was happening.

I'm using both firefox and chrome and I cannot replicate this error.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition