Diablo 4 Announced !!!

Rakanoth
5 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i dont understand this viewpoint that unless you are protesting everything thats wrong in the world at once you are a hypocrite and shouldnt be protesting. i think the saying goes dont let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

lol

protesting a video game company over this is small compared to the other crap going on around the world

because someone knew they broke the rules and got punished

but its your opinion, go for it,

hong kong has been doomed since 1997 once britain handed it back to china

one country  two systems will be dead 2047 or sooner

and no other countries are stepping it to help really but lets call out a video game company for not wanting to be involved with this

On 11/2/2019 at 4:33 AM, huilun02 said:

So what's the 4th paywalled class?

You didn't read? 3 classes currently, it's a demo dude, 5 on release. 

On 11/2/2019 at 8:33 AM, Teddy07 said:

Never played Diabolo but the gameplay trailer didn´t look good. Cinematic trailer was awesome

Not sure what exactly you expect though, being you never played it tgough. It's early show, to demo a game, it's nt final or endgame gameplay. 

On 11/2/2019 at 10:55 AM, Master Disaster said:

Wooo, another AAA release which will be split up, sold to the user base in pieces, have multiple editions, DLCs, seasons passes, microtransactions, lootboxes, sponsership deals and will also sell your first born child if you don't agree to sign a contract saying you'll pay them $100 a month.

You're just shouting nonsense randomly now. There will be none of those. Base game and eventually expansion. Check stuff before you write such things. 

On 11/2/2019 at 1:04 PM, Trik'Stari said:

Shit, I won't buy anything from Blizzard until they publicly denounce the Chinese government for being what it is.

So that's never gonna happen. Good thing they don't make anything I'm very interested in.

Oh wow you people, like what is our thought process, do you even understand what happened, why it makes sense how it happened. It's like you for the very first time see or know how stuff works company, contract wise. 

You all focus on such a meaningless stuff, yet there are far worse and actual problems that people don't bring up... 

On 11/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, RelativeMono said:

their rules are bullshit

politics have always been "inside" gaming

not a reason to ban people, the ONLY reason you should ever bad someone from your game is for cheating, PERIOD

Yeah, inside gaming, as in gameplay. Not shouting stuff, on official channel that is game focused only, while also knowing through contract that it's bad to do. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

17 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol

protesting a video game company over this is small compared to the other crap going on around the world

because someone knew they broke the rules and got punished

but its your opinion, go for it,

hong kong has been doomed since 1997 once britain handed it back to china

one country  two systems will be dead 2047 or sooner

and no other countries are stepping it to help really but lets call out a video game company for not wanting to be involved with this

this is like asking why do doctors research how to cure diseases other than heart disease when they cause less deaths. and if the civil rights movement was happening today would you also say well they are breaking the rules. and blizzard got themselves involved when they dished out an over the top punishment. 

2 hours ago, Tegos said:

What's so funny?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

50 minutes ago, Tegos said:

Your entire response, really. Kinda made you sound like you're really mad about people clowning on Blizzard. People normally aren't so adamant about defending megacorporations like that. 

Of course that's your response. Yeah dude, I was "defending" megacorp sure. People spamming literally everywhere with this nonsense like some big deal. Give me a break...
You didn't even give any input to this topic really.

50 minutes ago, Tegos said:

This part especially. I mean, you don't know that. They can totally release the game and then stick some microtransactions in. We've seen it happen with other games recently, and given Blizzard's recent business practices, it's 100% possible.

They literally said in Q&A that there will be a base game and expansions and that they will not sell power aka p2w stuff, which to everyone is obvious without them saying it. It's a Diablo game after all.

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

this is like asking why do doctors research how to cure diseases other than heart disease when they cause less deaths. and if the civil rights movement was happening today would you also say well they are breaking the rules. and blizzard got themselves involved when they dished out an over the top punishment. 

subjective on over the top

they could have done worse

first time they dealt with this, just like other companies they overruled their own punishment after taking consideration on something new to them but in other areas they usually have a union helping them

it was premeditated in my book so the first punishment was right on in my book

he knew it was wrong even brought stuff with

on topic I hope they bring back baal, mephisto, andariel,

wonder if they will bring back the anni too or have charms at all

1 hour ago, Tegos said:

Yeah, but uh... people can lie, y'know? Bethesda lied about Fallout 76. EA lied about Battlefront II. Do you really trust them just because it's Blizzard? D3 came out in 2012. Their policies changed quite a bit since then.

They're not EA like come on... It's also a Diablo game, you can't be serious, literally no one things they'd do something like that, it would backfire on them so badly for such a game and target audience. 

1 hour ago, Tegos said:

Yeah, and I'm not exactly planning to say anything because this thread is already a trainwreck. If anything I just hope they keep the couch co-op because that was fun in 3.

There will be 4-player co-op so yeah. They're expanding on game system much more this time, which is great.

After only playing D3 (and loved it might I add), the new rune system and mythical gear should add a nice amount of playstyles. I'm sure there will still be a "best meta" but if they keep "Seasonal" play a thing that helps a lot with changing the metas every now and then.

Or you can play like my friends and I and do whatever while running around slaying demons.

13 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

You're just shouting nonsense randomly now. There will be none of those. Base game and eventually expansion. Check stuff before you write such things.

Or you could learn to recognise sarcasm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hey, Activision! Wanna act like an American company by telling China to fuck off?

I won't be buying this game. 

Also, anyone asking if a character is behind a paywall: there isn't. Your save file is behind a paywall and only accessible from Blizzard servers. Good luck trying to play crusader and shaman.

I'm kidding about the save file.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

56 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Hey, Activision! Wanna act like an American company by telling China to fuck off?

I won't be buying this game. 

Also, anyone asking if a character is behind a paywall: there isn't. Your save file is behind a paywall and only accessible from Blizzard servers. Good luck trying to play crusader and shaman.

I'm kidding about the save file.

Yeah, because they're really gonna segregate themselves from one of the largest markets on the planet to appease a few fans who boycott them.

You or 1.3 billion potential customers.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Or you could learn to recognise sarcasm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's some bad attemp at sarcasm then. It's also over text. First many actually think like that what you said, without confirming anything before. 

23 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

That's some bad attemp at sarcasm then. It's also over text. First many actually think like that what you said, without confirming anything before. 

So you're telling me you believed Blizzard would really make people sign a contract to pay them $100 a month or give up their first born child?

20 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

So you're telling me you believed Blizzard would really make people sign a contract to pay them $100 a month or give up their first born child?

hmm would they take my kid for 100 a month?

how have you never played diablo, did you hear about it?

33 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Ok dude, you know what I meant regarding lootboxes DLCs and stuff, no need to push it. Base game and expansions is the plan. 

Diablo 2 was amazing and still is.

Diablo 3, imagine being pumped to pickup where the story left off, maybe revisit some of the past areas in D2 and listen to some awesome music. Then they kill Cain and the rest of the story is down hill. None of what you expected happens and every boss goes into detail how you cannot defeat them, before you defeat them. The Necromancer is in the game as a NPC and was never planned to be a playable character, then gets released like what 4 years after the games launch as paid DLC? I got blizzed on for sure.

Diablo 4, story looks great. Rathma seems cool, Papa of The Necromancers am interested. Game play looks D3'ish so kind of worried. Excited they're bringing back the openness that D2 had, gangs of people together in the wilderness, going hostile, teaming up etc hopefully will come along.

I definitely will not buy this game as a pre-order or a digital deluxe version or anything until after a month it has been out because I do not want to be screwed over again. Also, the D3 servers were down for an entire day at launch so a pre order isn't even worth it seeing as the D4 servers will probably crash too.

22 minutes ago, Leviathan- said:

I definitely will not buy this game as a pre-order or a digital deluxe version or anything until after a month it has been out because I do not want to be screwed over again. Also, the D3 servers were down for an entire day at launch so a pre order isn't even worth it seeing as the D4 servers will probably crash too.

The best option really. Wait, and let them sort out the bugs and servers.

The lead developer was pretty honest about getting back into the dark gothic settings, and skills of D2; but allowing faster smoother combat like D3.
Hopefully it's More D2 everywhere, but the D3 combat was okay and modern at least.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Sorry if off topic. kappa

Longer and more in depth look of Diablo 4 demo also Q&A with one of the dev by Rhykker

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

52 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Sorry if off topic. kappa

Longer and more in depth look of Diablo 4 demo also Q&A with one of the dev by Rhykker

thx alot of info here at its present version

I remember when I was a kid and Diablo 1 was the greatest game I had ever played. Hell, it's the one game where I had to set up a system with my brother so that we could each play the game 1 hour before letting the other play. That never happened with any other game.

Then D2 came out and it stands as one of my top 3 most played games. It's still one of my favourite games of all time. I loved it enough that I have 7 tie-in novels for this game on a shelf in my living room.

Then Diablo 3 came out. I played it for a month (although that was probbaly closer to three weeks with all the downtime they had at launch). The story had holes big enough for Azmodan to crawl through and, frankly, I had no desire to play through the game a second time. I played for a day or two a few years later after they removed the RMAH and the game still just felt soulless. I didn't even have a problem with the art style, it was just the story and gameplay that were weak.

Earlier this year I started boycotting Activision Blizzard over their decision to lay off 800 people while boasting about record profits. Delivering a worthy successor to Diablo 2 is literally the only thing that I can currently think of that might make me reconsider my boycott, so given their recent track record, I'll probably still be boycotting in three years. 

On 11/4/2019 at 5:14 PM, Tegos said:

Your entire response, really. Kinda made you sound like you're really mad about people clowning on Blizzard. People normally aren't so adamant about defending megacorporations like that.

You know, I'm not mad at people shitting on Blizzard, what I'm mad about is those same people harassing streamers for not just blindly jumping on the bandwagon. Look, I get it - the punishment was too severe, the response was completely unwarranted.

However, for most of these people, the only thing they had to lose was their Blizzard account and any progress they had made in a handful of games. The streamers they were harassing? They would potentially have their jobs on the line. And for some reason, no one seems to pick up on the irony of demanding that a Twitch streamer make a political statement because you're angry that two streamers lost their career over someone making a political statement.

Again, I'm not mad at people who feel that this is the straw that broke their personal camel's back, but I am incredibly amused that a lot of them seem to be under the impression that this will mark them as being "on the right side of history" or in some way make their brave decision to delete their Blizzard account about more than just farming that sweet Reddit karma. I mean, China's been violating human rights for centuries, but for some reason a Hearthstone ban was the one step too far.

I mean, I was on the front line 7 years ago when we all collectively freed all child soldiers in Uganda with our Facebook and Twitter feeds. I'm sure China will be as affected as Joseph Kony was.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:05 PM, Doobeedoo said:

They're not EA like come on... It's also a Diablo game, you can't be serious, literally no one things they'd do something like that, it would backfire on them so badly for such a game and target audience.

Diablo 3's auction house was touted as a feature that would be beneficial to players as it would allow them to sell unwanted loot. When it was removed, the game had to be rebalanced because they had included an algorithm that made sure you would be far more likely to get loot that wasn't suitable for your class so as to "encourage" you to use the auction house. I most certainly do think they will pull a stunt like this - they did it with Diablo 3 and Activision found a way to sell a remaster of Modern Warfare 1 as a preorder bonus and patched in loot boxes after the review period ended. They are not the players' friend.

42 minutes ago, EldritchMoose said:

Diablo 3's auction house was touted as a feature that would be beneficial to players as it would allow them to sell unwanted loot. When it was removed, the game had to be rebalanced because they had included an algorithm that made sure you would be far more likely to get loot that wasn't suitable for your class so as to "encourage" you to use the auction house. I most certainly do think they will pull a stunt like this - they did it with Diablo 3 and Activision found a way to sell a remaster of Modern Warfare 1 as a preorder bonus and patched in loot boxes after the review period ended. They are not the players' friend.

No thing is it was a RMAH and before the stats on loot was terrible, class sets even with completely different stat to them, everything so random. The RMAH got removed, loot was improved to only have proper stats. That was just bad game design. 
As for Acti really MW remaster was something people actually wanted though, it is more liked title in series. Either way, they're not really Blizzard with their CoD series meh.

34 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

No thing is it was a RMAH and before the stats on loot was terrible, class sets even with completely different stat to them, everything so random. The RMAH got removed, loot was improved to only have proper stats. That was just bad game design. 
As for Acti really MW remaster was something people actually wanted though, it is more liked title in series. Either way, they're not really Blizzard with their CoD series meh.

And it was conveniently implemented when the RMAH was removed, I don't believe that to be a coincidence.

I agree that MW1 was highly requested, but surely it would have been better to sell it separately rather than attach it to a preorder of another COD game. Unless, of course, Activision wanted to inflate preorder and sales figures of the new COD title. My point was that they took on customer feedback ("we would like a COD:MW remaster") and gave it to players with a slew off bullshit strings attached. I foresee that happening with D4 simply because they've already shown that they are looking for ways to monetize as much of Diablo as they can. I've seen what happens when a transparently greedy company decides to lazily cash in on a nostalgic title. That's how you get Dungeon Keeper Mobile and Elder Scrolls Blades.

You're right, Activision is not Blizzard, Activision only merged with Blizzard Entertainment's parent company. In corporate America, the apple rarely falls far from the tree. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but my pattern recognition sense keeps tingling. I'll happily eat my words and admit I'm wrong, but the ball's in Blizzard's court to prove me wrong. The past few years they've not shown themselves capable of continuing Blizzard North's fine work on the Diablo series, and they've lost all rights to get the benefit of the doubt.