Graphics upgrade?

Raydz

Hey. So I was wondering if I could change my graphics card for my PC which is this: https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-ArchAngel-Gaming-Computer-Quad-Core/dp/B077QDM2DP/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=skytech%2Barchangel%2Bgtx%2B1050%2Bti%2Bgaming%2Bcomputer&qid=1572660662&sprefix=skytech%2Barchangel%2Bgtx%2B10&sr

Can I upgrade to a GTX 1070 TI? If I can’t, what is the best graphics card I can get for this computer? Thank you!

30 minutes ago, Raydz said:

Hey. So I was wondering if I could change my graphics card for my PC which is this: https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-

What do you use your PC for, what's your monitor resolution/refresh rate, and what's your budget/country for upgrades?

That PSU is fine

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What do you use your PC for, what's your monitor resolution/refresh rate, and what's your budget/country for upgrades?

That PSU is fine

I use a 1080p 240hz Alienware monitor. The budget is under 700. And I use the PC mainly for Fortnite.

Just now, Raydz said:

I use a 1080p 240hz Alienware monitor. The budget is under 700.

Your CPU(and RAM) is the most important thing for 240hz gaming, you probably want to upgrade that first.

Then I'd sell your old CPU/motherboard RAM, and use that towards your graphics card, and maybeeee a modern power supply, but that one should be fine as long as you don't stress it too hard, you won't go over 300W while gaming anyways.

I imagine the motherboard in that system is pretty low end so I'd just replace it.

Can also get pay pal credit and have 0% interest for 6 months from their credit line, ebay accepts that one.

The RX 5700 is more like a 1080/2070

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BYKLJb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 WIFI ax ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB DD Ultra Video Card  ($329.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $751.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-01 23:01 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Your CPU(and RAM) is the most important thing for 240hz gaming, you probably want to upgrade that first.

Then I'd sell your old CPU/motherboard RAM, and use that towards your graphics card, and maybeeee a modern power supply, but that one should be fine as long as you don't stress it too hard, you won't go over 300W while gaming anyways.

I imagine the motherboard in that system is pretty low end so I'd just replace it.

Can also get pay pal credit and have 0% interest for 6 months from their credit line, ebay accepts that one.

The RX 5700 is more like a 1080/2070

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BYKLJb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 WIFI ax ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB DD Ultra Video Card  ($329.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $751.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-01 23:01 EDT-0400

I would like a nvidia graphics card from at least a gtx 1070 ti. Any recommendations for that?

1 minute ago, Raydz said:

I would like a nvidia graphics card from at least a gtx 1070 ti. Any recommendations for that?

Why would you need nvidia specifically?

The 1070ti isn't bad for the $250 I'm seeing on ebay, but the RX 5700 is faster by a good margin and has more features

The only nvidia card I'd go for in general is the 1080ti, but only if you really needed 11GBs of VRAM for production workloads.

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Why would you need nvidia specifically?

The 1070ti isn't bad for the $250 I'm seeing on ebay, but the RX 5700 is faster by a good margin and has more features

The only nvidia card I'd go for in general is the 1080ti, but only if you really needed 11GBs of VRAM for production workloads.

I have trust in them and really like the NVIDIA control panel. If I get the 1080ti, what motherboard and other specs should I purchase?

9 minutes ago, Raydz said:

I have trust in them and really like the NVIDIA control panel. If I get the 1080ti, what motherboard and other specs should I purchase?

AMD's crimson has all of the same features + some extras still I think, and it's actually easier to use IMO, also has a nice overlay with most of the options available there directly, or even a app, but I don't think anyone uses the app.

In any event, upgrade your CPU first to an R5 3600 at least with some 3200mhz CL16 RAM or 3600mhz CL 16 RAM

Then grab your better GPU, the 1080ti is only useful if you need the VRAM, otherwise for gaming get the 2070 super at the same ~$500 price tag. But I'm telling you m8. the ~$300-330 RX 5700 is really hard to beat in terms of value, it has like 80-90% of the 2070 super's performance at $200 off.

1810774676_RadeonOverlay.thumb.jpg.be67aa46cfd10039e8074a60c80f0e88.jpg

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Streetguru said:

AMD's crimson has all of the same features + some extras still I think, and it's actually easier to use IMO, also has a nice overlay with most of the options available there directly, or even a app, but I don't think anyone uses the app.

In any event, upgrade your CPU first to an R5 3600 at least with some 3200mhz CL16 RAM or 3600mhz CL 16 RAM

Then grab your better GPU, the 1080ti is only useful if you need the VRAM, otherwise for gaming get the 2070 super at the same ~$500 price tag. But I'm telling you m8. the ~$300-330 RX 5700 is really hard to beat in terms of value, it has like 80-90% of the 2070 super's performance at $200 off.

1810774676_RadeonOverlay.thumb.jpg.be67aa46cfd10039e8074a60c80f0e88.jpg

Okay. Thanks!