No fan spin a320m-hdv 4.0 no cpu.

So I’m building my third system and I’m a bit scared because I’m getting 0 fan spin on my graphics card or chassis fans when I try and turn it on, I thought I messed up with the case headers so I tried jumping it with a screw driver, still nothing.

I plugged my phone into the USB ports and it IS charging (that could mean it’s on or atleast getting power)

I’ve tried it inside and outside my case.

Im wondering if the lack of CPU in the system has anything to do with this? Maybe it uses sensors to intelligently turn on the graphics card and chassis fans when needed or maybe it just does nothing without a CPU

Kogan 144hz monitor (Overclocked to 165) Ryzen 3 3100, RX 580 Gigabyte Windforce (1450 mhz) 2 x 8GB CL15 DDR4 3133 (Overclocked from 2400) Phanteks P300 white (RGB set to purple), Zarrius Deskpad (I have the yellow one), Razer Deathadder Essential, CK62 wireless (don’t use it wireless)

So there is no CPU on the board at all?

Pretty sure the MoBo won't even power without the CPU. I know when I am building a system, I won't get any power or post if I forget to connect the CPU power 6-pin. The power will carry through to the USB ports if you have the PSU connected and on, but It won't boot up without the CPU and RAM, thus it won't turn on enough to power the fans/PCI slots.

I think you do need a CPU to get the fans to spin or etc.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

6 minutes ago, Raratah said:

So there is no CPU on the board at all?

Pretty sure the MoBo won't even power without the CPU. I know when I am building a system, I won't get any power or post if I forget to connect the CPU power 6-pin. The power will carry through to the USB ports if you have the PSU connected and on, but It won't boot up without the CPU and RAM, thus it won't turn on enough to power the fans/PCI slots.

I hope so, I’ll try my dads a8 cpu but he probably won’t be happy me taking his pc out of commission to test mine.

Kogan 144hz monitor (Overclocked to 165) Ryzen 3 3100, RX 580 Gigabyte Windforce (1450 mhz) 2 x 8GB CL15 DDR4 3133 (Overclocked from 2400) Phanteks P300 white (RGB set to purple), Zarrius Deskpad (I have the yellow one), Razer Deathadder Essential, CK62 wireless (don’t use it wireless)

25 minutes ago, DefineOG said:

I hope so, I’ll try my dads a8 cpu but he probably won’t be happy me taking his pc out of commission to test mine.

He's already punished by using an Ass8 CPU in the first place, no harm done taking it out :D

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

25 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

He's already punished by using an Ass8 CPU in the first place, no harm done taking it out :D

Haha, it’s good enough for office use and my PC will have a ryzen 5 1400 and a rx 570.

1 hour ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

I think you do need a CPU to get the fans to spin or etc.

If possible, can you test it for me?

If you can’t then no hassle, thanks for your input.