Black bleed in sleep? Why does the monitor glow when it's in sleep? 27" 1440p 144 Hz IPS

Anon7mous
Go to solution Solved by emosun,
Just now, Anon7mous said:

What can I do to set it in sleep mode? I've set the sleep mode for monitor in windows on 1 minute and that's how it looks after 1 minute.

set the entire machine to sleep after 1 minute , essentially the machine needs to not send a signal for the monitor to sleep

As the title says, is this normal?`The monitor is Acer Nitro XV272UP and is brand new. I didn't change any settings and the monitor is connected to 5700 XT over HDMI.

20191030_214739.thumb.jpg.98076a17dbb1a615eb90d2b917d2651a.jpg

Is it a ips panel ?

If so, it’s glow/ ips bleed. Not much you can do.. some have worse than others 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

13 minutes ago, emosun said:

that monitor isn't in sleep mode it's just on showing a black image

What can I do to set it in sleep mode? I've set the sleep mode for monitor in windows on 1 minute and that's how it looks after 1 minute.

15 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Is it A IPs panel !

If so, it’s glow/ ips bleed. Not much you can do.. some have worse than others 

I know it's hard to see the glow without seeing it live but does that look acceptable to you? Why does it even glow when it's in sleep mode?

Just now, Anon7mous said:

set the entire machine to sleep after 1 minute , essentially the machine needs to not send a signal for the monitor to sleep

14 minutes ago, emosun said:

Ah you're right. I just tested it and the monitor went really completely off. I usually have my monitor set to go to sleep in 10 min and PC in 30 or 1 hour and that's why it didn't work. 

The only question that remains, why did it work on my last monitor? I could set it to go to sleep without having to put my entire PC to sleep...

45 minutes ago, Anon7mous said:

why did it work on my last monitor?

this monitor might just not support whatever feature allows the monitor to simply go into standby , I believe using something like hdmi instead of dvi might have this effect on some monitors. 

For example a televison won't shut off when it looses an hdmi signal

• 1 year later...