Admins Angry at Attempted Anarchy - Microsoft planning to give Office 365 users ability to bypass their admins and buy their own addons

rcmaehl
5 minutes ago, Tribalinius said:

I work with them all the time to make sure that they don't have to do stupid shit and "bypass" IT. I'm there to make sure they can do their work properly and to secure things out for the company. I understand both the users point of views and management point of views and I'm paid to analyze these point of views, make recommendations and implement them in that environment.

I don't have issues with people proposing stuff if they make sense. I have issues with smart asses who think who know better and tries to do stupid shit once new rules and procedures are in place. They will be reported if they get caught up, system will be patched up to plug these holes. Unfortunately, sometimes it leads up to people getting fired (happened twice in my career so far) because they don't want play by the company rules.

Why I'm alone? Usually it's because the IT administrator before me left and the company calls us to take over IT to strengthen their environment and make sure their infrastructure runs smoothly before they find a suitable replacement admin/team. I'm just a contractor doing my work, making recommendations and implementing them. I'm in for a couple of weeks/months then I move to an another environment.

Sorry, I miss understood you. Then yes. Good!