Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VegetableStu

GTX 1650 Super also announced I guess (launches Nov 22)

Posted · Original PosterOP

GTX 1650 Super

• Core: TU116 12nm
    • 1650: TU117 12nm with Volta NVENC engine
    • 1060: GP106 16nm
  • 1280 CUDA shaders
    • 1650: 896
    • 1060: 1280
  • Clocks: 1530/1725
    • 1650: 1485/1665
    • 1060: 1506/1708
  • 12gbps GDDR6
    • 1650: 8gbps GDDR5
    • 1060: 8gbps GDDR5 (9gbps GDDR5 advanced edition)
  • TDP: 100W
    • 1650: 75W
    • 1060: 120W/200W
  • SRP: TBD
    • 1650: $149
    • 1060 6GB: $249 / $299 (Advanced edition)
    • RX590 (street pricing): about $180

via: https://www.anandtech.com/show/15041/nvidia-announces-geforce-gtx-1650-super-launching-november-22nd

Geforce_1660Super_FINAL_12_575px.png

Anandtech:

Like the other Super cards this year, the GTX 1650 Super is intended to be a mid-generation kicker for the GeForce family. However unlike the other Super cards, NVIDIA is giving the GTX 1650 Super a much bigger jump in performance. With a planned increase in GPU throughput of 46%, and paired with faster  12Gbps GDDR6 memory, the new card should be much farther ahead of the GTX 1650 than what we saw with today’s GTX 1660 Super launch, relatively speaking.

The single biggest change here is the GPU. While NVIDIA is calling the card a GTX 1650, in practice it’s more like a GTX 1660 LE; NVIDIA has brought in the larger, more powerful TU116 GPU from the GTX 1660 series to fill out this card. There are cost and power consequences to this, but the payoff is that it gives NVIDIA a lot more SMs and CUDA Cores to work with. Coupled with that is a small bump in clockspeeds, which pushes the on-paper shader/compute throughput numbers up by just over 46%.

(...) While the original GTX 1650 is a 75 Watt card – making it the fastest thing that can be powered solely by a PCIe slot – the Super-sized card will be a 100 Watt card. This gives up the original GTX 1650’s unique advantage, and it means builders looking for even faster 75W cards won’t get their wish, but it’s the power that pays the cost of the GTX 1650 Super’s higher performance. Traditionally, NVIDIA has held pretty steadfast at 75W for their xx50 cards, so I’ll be curious to see what this means for consumer interest and sales; but then again at the end of the day, despite the name, this is closer to a lightweight GTX 1660 than it is a GTX 1650.

yup it's a cut down 1660 alright.

Anandtech:

(...) besides giving NVIDIA a good deal more in the way of GPU resources to play with, the switch from the TU117 GPU to the TU116 GPU will also have one other major ramification that some users will want to pay attention to: video encoding. Unlike TU117, which got the last-generation NVENC Volta video encoder block for die space reasons, TU116 gets the full-fat Turing NVENC video encoder block. Turing’s video encode block has been turning a lot of heads for its level of quality – while not archival grade, it’s competitive with x264 medium – which is important for streamers. This also led to TU117 and the GTX 1650 being a disappointment in some circles, as an otherwise solid video card was made far less useful for video encoding. So with the GTX 1650 Super, NVIDIA is resolving this in a roundabout way, thanks to the use of the more powerful TU116 GPU.

yup it's using the Turing NVENC encoder now.

Anandtech:

(...) While NVIDIA is announcing the full specifications of the GTX 1650 Super today, they are withholding pricing information. This admittedly isn’t unusual for NVIDIA (they rarely release it more than a few days in advance), but in this case in particular, both NVIDIA and AMD seem to be playing a bit of a game of chicken. Neither side has announced where their card will be priced at, and it would seem that each is waiting on the other to go first so that they can counter with the best possible position for their respective card. Though with NVIDIA’s card not set to launch for another month, and AMD’s card more indeterminate still, we’re all going to be waiting for a while regardless.

yup they're playing foot wars with AMD's RX5500

so yeah. for a 1060 6GB initial SRP, one might be able to get the 1660 SUPER for much more performance, but at least (on paper) the 1650 SUPER would have 1060 performance (maybe more since it's a newer architecture and look what GDDR6 did to the 1660 SUPER)

of course, wait for reviews.

Saw in Bitwit’s video mark is supposed to be somewhere $229 (iirc) for the 1650 super 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

yup it's a cut down 1660 alright.

that's what all the supers are, cut down from the one above. The 2070 super even uses the PCB of the 2080 which is why it has NVLink. 

Overall this could be an excellent thing, since the supers replace the non super variants at MSRP, it could simultaneously make the 1650 not a waste of money and also produce meaningful competition for a new RX 570

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

that's what all the supers are, cut down from the one above. The 2070 super even uses the PCB of the 2080 which is why it has NVLink. 

the 1660 Super (other thread) is the only exception ._. since it's already a full die

EDIT: it's also worth mentioning that this is the first time in geforce history (except for the 2080ti) that Nvidia refreshed almost their entire lineup on the same generation (but not all at once) o_o

It'll probably be something like $170 for the 1650 Super.

Someone is gonna have to shoot first here, and I suspect it'll be Nvidia. What I've heard previously is that the RX 5500 will be $130 and the 5500XT will be $150. Not confirmed of course..and it's wccftech too..

Will be interesting to see how the prices pan out though.

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

EDIT: it's also worth mentioning that this is the first time in geforce history (except for the 2080ti) that Nvidia refreshed almost their entire lineup on the same generation (but not all at once) o_o

when was the last refresh of this type?

Also last generation was the same way, nvidia loves cucking us. almost every card had a TI model, except the 1060 which was annoying

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 threadSeasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

28 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

when was the last refresh of this type?

Also last generation was the same way, nvidia loves cucking us. almost every card had a TI model, except the 1060 which was annoying

hmm

• 2080ti
    • 2080 SUPER (full die)
    • 2070 SUPER (cut down 2080)
    • 2060 SUPER (cut down 2070)
  • 1660ti
    • 1660 SUPER (GDDR6 upgrade, matches 1660ti in perf)
    • 1650 SUPER (cut down 1660, GDDR6 upgrade)

and

• 1080ti (cut down Pascal Titan X)
    • 1080 11gbps (GDDR5X upgrade)
    • 1070ti (cut down 1080)
  • 1060 6GB
    • 1060 9gbps (GDDR5 upclock)
  • 1060 3GB/4GB
  • 1050ti
  • 1050 (1050(ti) launched together)
  • 1030 (GDDR5)
    • 1030 DDR4 (the lolque edition)

yeah i'm probably splitting hairs with my earlier comment ,_,

Can't wait for the 8800GT Super

Ballz 3D is the greatest videogame ever made.

--

Space heater PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 || GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 550 4GB (640SP) || Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX/BR || Storage: 2x 500GB HDD || Memory: 8GB DDR3 (2x 4GB 1600MHz) || PSU: CORSAIR VS500 (2017) || Case: TGT Stryker Mid Tower || Keyboard & Mouse: OEX Cobby, Fortrek Spider 2.

4 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Wait til you hear about Golden Samples.

Gainward, Palit, XFX and I think PNY all did this “golden sample” thing with their 8800 GT’s that basically meant they were high binned G92 dies and were closer in performance to an 8800 GTX 

1gb Golden sample 8800GT’s are the best 8000 series cards short of an 8800 ultra or Quadro fx 5600

Huh. So I guess things weren't that different back in the day. Damn shame I was too young to even know about computer hardware back then; older graphics cards seem really interesting

--

Space heater PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 || GPU: PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 550 4GB (640SP) || Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX/BR || Storage: 2x 500GB HDD || Memory: 8GB DDR3 (2x 4GB 1600MHz) || PSU: CORSAIR VS500 (2017) || Case: TGT Stryker Mid Tower || Keyboard & Mouse: OEX Cobby, Fortrek Spider 2.

1 minute ago, Genwyn said:

Oh god let’s not even talk about ATI in the mid 2000’s and the weird shit they were doing 

-snip-

Oh dear god what is that.

Hell, my RX 550 is technically a refreshed and cut down RX 460, so I guess they still kind of did this stuff until recently.

--

Space heater PC specs:

20 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Nvidia is the dumb 

Definitely.

18 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

ECS PF88 extreme

I'm pretty sure I've had this board, or a very similar model, at some point in time (around 2012/13 I believe). That purple PCB is hard to forget. Not sure what became of it though, my mom might've discarded it as e-waste.

--

Space heater PC specs:

1 minute ago, Nicnac said:

Kinda disappointed with the tdp. Was hoping for another highly efficient 75w card like the previous 50s.

yeah powering this straight from the motherboard isn't going to be a thing for this card ,_,

200w TDP 1060? I overclocked the tits off mine and I don't think it really went above 120ish watts 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

200w TDP 1060? I overclocked the tits off mine and I don't think it really went above 120ish watts 

i'm just quoting spec numbers instead of power draw, so yeaaaaaaah ,_,

I hope these low end GPUs launch with proper availability. Right now it's hard to recommend low end GPUs because there's three distinct product launches (GTX 1650S, GTX 1660S, RX 5500) within the next few months and I don't want to tell people to go out and get a particular GPU if there's something much better in a month. Nov 22 is very late, only a week before Black Friday, so if this GPU isn't readily available a week after launch it's going to be rough for budget-minded builders.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

Que in NVIDIA hate because...   oh too late...

Seriously I get it is annoying to have so many products and names to sort through (legit complaints when the name is the same but the product is different) but maybe this is just how they are dealing with all the stock they have and don't want to be left with unsaleable product in the event of an AMD rampage in a dying market.  

honestly Nvidia release products and they get shit hung on them, they don't release products and they get shit hung on them.  What do you guys want from nvidia?  Seriously though, is there anything they can do that won't draw out the contradictory criticisms?

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

Hmm this is very interesting to me since it has the new NVENC undervolt this for the ultimate Plex transcoder on the cheap. Honestly I think the reason they are doing this is because they got scared of the amount of GPUs they made during the mining craze and got scared they might have to just sit on a ton of GPUs. They figure why not use everything we have it doesn't cost us anything and we have more options. 

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

honestly Nvidia release products and they get shit hung on them, they don't release products and they get shit hung on them.  What do you guys want from nvidia?  Seriously though, is there anything they can do that won't draw out the contradictory criticisms?

This naming system spans two number ranges (1xxx, 2xxx), three subcategories (plain, Ti, super), and now another subcategory (xx00 and xx50).

It's just annoying. Why can't they use a simple numerical scale?

Still waiting for GTX 1660 Ti Super Black to upgrade

My system

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  Board: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-2400 CAS 11  SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  HDD0: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM

HDD1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM  HDD2: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro  PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620C

Everyone: How many super cards are you releasing?
Nvidia: YES.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

8 hours ago, MichaelWd said:

This naming system spans two number ranges (1xxx, 2xxx), three subcategories (plain, Ti, super), and now another subcategory (xx00 and xx50).

It's just annoying. Why can't they use a simple numerical scale?

It's like you didn't read this bit:

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

Seriously I get it is annoying to have so many products and names to sort through (legit complaints when the name is the same but the product is different)

Why did you cut it out of the quote to tell me what I already said?

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

Seriously I get it is annoying to have so many products and names to sort through (legit complaints when the name is the same but the product is different) but maybe this is just how they are dealing with all the stock they have and don't want to be left with unsaleable product in the event of an AMD rampage in a dying market.

While this is certainly possible, I don't think it's accurate. It's far more likely that they're causing confusion for the sake of more sales.

This product line has been confusing from the very beginning. They knocked up the pricing one tier at the start. I remember Hardware Unboxed speculated that they just did it to get rid of the Titan line and make things easier for consumers, but that turned out not to be true either.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures