Apple unveils AirPods Pro

Commodus

Apple reveals new AirPods Pro, available October 30

Apple today announced AirPods Pro, an exciting addition to the AirPods family that features Active Noise Cancellation and superior, immersive sound in an all-new lightweight, in-ear design. AirPods Pro are available to order on apple.com and the Apple Store app starting today and in stores beginning Wednesday, October 30.

Apple_AirPods-Pro_New-Design_102819.jpg.86355a97940cd690048b069bf92b9e2a.jpg

This is basically the all-wireless equivalent to the higher-end Apple in-ears, if you remember those.  Not sure how much better they'll sound than the regular AirPods, but it's safe to say there'll be a meaningful improvement.  The five-hour battery life is okay, but good considering that these look smaller in some ways than the base model.  I'm most intrigued by Apple using tech to determine the best ear tips -- that's a common problem with in-ears that a lot of companies don't bother to solve.  I just wish these cost less than $250, though you at least get a wireless charging case in the bargain.

out of this announcement: silicon tips are now acceptable and the best thing to ever happen ever since apple introduced them

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I wonder how much better they will sound than the beats bro I bought a couple of weeks ago......

Looks nice. Expensive but almost all wireless ANC things are.

Silicon tips should help a lot of people who have trouble with the airpod shape, though a lot of people will complain about the comfort as well. (Personally, it's almost never possible for me to get tips small enough to fit comfortably. Before I returned them, peak comfort with the galaxy buds was actually without any tips at all, and they still sealed well. But that seemed unsafe.

Overall, **shrugs** looks fine and par for the course given the cost of the OG pair.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I’ve bought two 

He thinks the original air pods have "Incredible sound"? *shudders*

If that's what he thinks incredible sound is, hard pass.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 hours ago, Commodus said:

Apple reveals new AirPods Pro, available October 30

Apple_AirPods-Pro_New-Design_102819.jpg.86355a97940cd690048b069bf92b9e2a.jpg

This is basically the all-wireless equivalent to the higher-end Apple in-ears, if you remember those.  Not sure how much better they'll sound than the regular AirPods, but it's safe to say there'll be a meaningful improvement.  The five-hour battery life is okay, but good considering that these look smaller in some ways than the base model.  I'm most intrigued by Apple using tech to determine the best ear tips -- that's a common problem with in-ears that a lot of companies don't bother to solve.  I just wish these cost less than $250, though you at least get a wireless charging case in the bargain.

Those. Those look nice. So the AirPods 1 were the iPhone 1/iPod 1 of the family... most Apple firsts look horrid/dated with the second revision (which then tends to keep it's look/feel/iconic time throughout and never get "old").

To note: No USB-C, they use lightning. 

5 hours ago, Commodus said:

just wish these cost less than $250

I mean at least in the UK, they are "only" £50 more expensive than the standard airpods with wireless charging case so compared to the rest of the line, the price isn't bad, especially once you fact in how it does have ANC, where even if the sound quality remained the same, that's still not the worst deal ever. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

$250 for something you can get on Amazon for less than $50, no thanks. Earbuds are so disposable and easily lost you'd have to be a complete knuckle dragger to buy these. 

Spooky.

But seriously, I dislike the naming and the PRO suffix for a consumer level product and the pricing as with anything with ANC is wayyy too overpriced and may require prospective buyers to sell their kidneys to afford one.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

What would make these 'pro' would be if they had something connecting them together so the aren't so easy to lose, and maybe an 'offline' mode so they can be used without using the battery, and if they could physically connect to the device as well using, say, a small cylindrical connector.

Also, Airpods Pro is just an awful name, I could tolerate Airpod Pro, but that 's' just makes it sound awkward

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

49 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

$250 for something you can get on Amazon for less than $50, no thanks. Earbuds are so disposable and easily lost you'd have to be a complete knuckle dragger to buy these. 

Something tells me you'll be replacing the $50 pair often enough due to breaks that you'll wish you'd bought the AirPods instead...

20 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Something tells me you'll be replacing the $50 pair often enough due to breaks that you'll wish you'd bought the AirPods instead...

People either lose them or break them beyond repair. Apple charges $70 if you lose a bud or the charging case which is half the total value of the original purchase price of the 1st gen AirPods. That's $220 for the original purchase price plus replacement, again no thanks, I'm still better off buying another $50 pair assuming the ones I bought originally are out of warranty. 

I agree, why pay $250 for these airpods pro, the anker wireless earbuds are like $50 and apparently last 5 hours on a charge. And if I wanted to spend over $200 on earbuds the Sony WF-1000XM3's likely sound a lot better and are priced a bit less than this product Apple slapped the "pro" naming scheme onto.

30 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I agree, why pay $250 for these airpods pro, the anker wireless earbuds are like $50 and apparently last 5 hours on a charge. And if I wanted to spend over $200 on earbuds the Sony WF-1000XM3's likely sound a lot better and are priced a bit less than this product Apple slapped the "pro" naming scheme onto.

And the Sony earbuds get put on sale more often than the earpods.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Everyone who upgraded from the first generation AirPods to the second generation AirPods must be kicking themselves.

11 hours ago, Ehmc130 said:

Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

18 minutes ago, avg123 said:

Why ?  do ?  you ?  care? Its just a name. 

Why do I care that a company is putting dumb names on products to make it look like something it's not? Because I can.

Why do you care about me caring about the AirPod Pro?