Modern warfare any good?

PurplDrank

I havent played a COD game since Black Ops 1. Nearly ten years ago. Right now i switch back and forth from CSGO to Siege.

It does look like the time to kill has been significantly reduced which if thats true i am highly interested. Particularly in the more team based or one life modes like cyber attack and search and destroy. 

Has anyone played these modes ?

I played the Beta, which was very good. TTK is about the same for CoD really, just the gunplay and sound design has been massively improved, so it kind of feels like they have more weight and more kick to them. 

Search and Destroy is much the same as it has always been, so if you know you like it, you'll like it in MW as well. 

I've bought the game this morning but haven't playing it yet. Quick warning, it's about 115GB in size, kind of ridiculous. 

I bought the game and played for a couple hours (don't have that much time). The last Call of Duty I played, was Modern Warfare 3, so, this was a must for me, and actually the first game I bought right after release, ever. I haven't played any of the newer ones, however, compared to MW3, this new one has a completely redesigned gun system. The recoil, the reload, everything. It just feels more realistic and reminds me of Squad, a very realistic military simulator, in a certain way. There is 2v2 and 4v4 modes as well. I've played the 2v2 and it's great. As for the campaign, I haven't played it, but people are saying it's pretty good. My recommendation is: buy it, if you like the old Call of Dutys.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

13 minutes ago, bruny06 said:

I bought the game and played for a couple hours (don't have that much time). The last Call of Duty I played, was Modern Warfare 3, so, this was a must for me, and actually the first game I bought right after release, ever. I haven't played any of the newer ones, however, compared to MW3, this new one has a completely redesigned gun system. The recoil, the reload, everything. It just feels more realistic and reminds me of Squad, a very realistic military simulator, in a certain way. There is 2v2 and 4v4 modes as well. I've played the 2v2 and it's great. As for the campaign, I haven't played it, but people are saying it's pretty good. My recommendation is: buy it, if you like the old Call of Dutys.

Yeah call of duty 2, cod4, modern warfare 2 and world at war were my favorites 

9 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Yeah call of duty 2, cod4, modern warfare 2 and world at war were my favorites 

Buy it, then. If you don’t mind paying the premium of it being a brand new game, go for it. I was quite worried I wouldn’t like the game, as I got used to other types of gun play, but Blizzard does have a return policy which allows you to return the game for a full refund within the first 24h after opening the game for the first time, or 7 days if you don’t open it at all.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

1 minute ago, Lowbuget said:

175 if on pc

What edition do you have? Standard is way less than 175GB

image.png.3268b2ac4b2547b05b16d772b9f935c6.png

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

What edition do you have? Standard is way less than 175GB

image.png.3268b2ac4b2547b05b16d772b9f935c6.png

Activision said it will be 175 gigs with all the after launch content,base game is way less 

Just now, Lowbuget said:

Activision said it will be 175 gigs with all the after launch content,base game is way less 

Ah, fair enough. Not really sure why it's so big. I had to move a load of stuff on my SSDs to be able to install it

4 hours ago, bruny06 said:

Buy it, then. If you don’t mind paying the premium of it being a brand new game, go for it. I was quite worried I wouldn’t like the game, as I got used to other types of gun play, but Blizzard does have a return policy which allows you to return the game for a full refund within the first 24h after opening the game for the first time, or 7 days if you don’t open it at all.

seriously considering it. Though i may not due to in a year nobody playing it because of the new call of duty coming out the year next. 

This is the first COD game I've bought since BO. I've only got a few hours into it so far, but I've been enjoying it. I've even played a few games with console peasants with cross play which was good fun.

I still suck at it though, haha

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

20 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

lads buy a few copies of pandemic express if you dont know what to buy.

i already have it and it is alright

25 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

i already have it and it is alright

then play it ill be on in a bit.

I spend 25 hours on this game, the last COD I play was MW3 :

+ Runs well, and looks pretty good

+ Gunplay is a bit more heavy, with a bit more recoil and better sounds

+ Bigger maps, allows for 10v10

+ Up to 5 attachments/perk on the weapons

+/- Weapon balance feels off (M4/AK are strong, Famas and Kilo are pretty weak)

+/- The campaign is classic COD, a 4h interactive movie. Very well done, but I don't consider that proper gaming

+/- Poor visibility of the player model, a known problem on COD. It is a gameplay feature, but now that the graphics are improved, enemy are even more difficult to spot

+/- No more hitmarkers on direct sniper shots

- TTK is very low, feels like MW2 HC sometime

- Can't quickscope anymore, forces a lot more defensive sniper playstyle

- Bigger maps means more long range spots. Too many of these spots tbh.

- This, combined with the more defensive playstyle means slower pace games. This means there is a lot more long range, static duels than before.

3 hours ago, tankyx said:

I spend 25 hours on this game, the last COD I play was MW3 :

+ Runs well, and looks pretty good

+ Gunplay is a bit more heavy, with a bit more recoil and better sounds

+ Bigger maps, allows for 10v10

+ Up to 5 attachments/perk on the weapons

+/- Weapon balance feels off (M4/AK are strong, Famas and Kilo are pretty weak)

+/- The campaign is classic COD, a 4h interactive movie. Very well done, but I don't consider that proper gaming

+/- Poor visibility of the player model, a known problem on COD. It is a gameplay feature, but now that the graphics are improved, enemy are even more difficult to spot

+/- No more hitmarkers on direct sniper shots

- TTK is very low, feels like MW2 HC sometime

- Can't quickscope anymore, forces a lot more defensive sniper playstyle

- Bigger maps means more long range spots. Too many of these spots tbh.

- This, combined with the more defensive playstyle means slower pace games. This means there is a lot more long range, static duels than before.

i heard maps are really bad. Thats what my friend told me when he played the beta 

2 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

i heard maps are really bad. Thats what my friend told me when he played the beta 

They are not bad in theirselves, they just allow too much static gameplay and defensive sniping, and with the current gun meta it is quite bad.

Performace is chocking tbh, Gtx 1070 and 9700K and brealy playing normal settings around the 60 fps mark,also it does not use the GPU to the max but about 10% orso....

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -

5 hours ago, Remy van den Nouweland said:

Performace is chocking tbh, Gtx 1070 and 9700K and brealy playing normal settings around the 60 fps mark,also it does not use the GPU to the max but about 10% orso....

9600k and RTX2080ti, gpu is max out, cpu is 80% ...

On 10/30/2019 at 4:26 PM, Remy van den Nouweland said:

4790k and 1070 should get about 80-100fps give or take.. Beta played that way in Ground War. Game is new... give it a chance to sort itself out as well as any required driver fresh installs that may be needed..

Downloading the Retail game at the moment..

Loved the Beta feel.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz