Brand New Build, No Display

Motherboard: ROG Strix x470-F Gaming

Processor: Ryzen 9 3900x

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 320016GB (CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16)

Power Supply: Corsair RM750 80 Plus Gold RTX

Everything lights up and the fans start spinning but nothing comes on the display and the DRAM LED stays solid in the top right of the motherboard. Also neither my mouse nor Keyboard light up when I power it on. I have tried different configurations with the RAM also as using a single stick. Everything is brand new and this is the first time starting it up, after spending this much into a computer to not have it work is a big let down.

I feel ya this happened to me a few times do you have another machine to test the ram in or any known good ram?

also could be helpfull if you can take a picture of the build, perhaps you dnd't connected something or inserted ram modules wrong, let us see how you build the machine

Just now, Storm_Billy said:

I do not, the other computer I have is intel sadly

Is it ddr4? If it is the ram should be interchangable no prob

Plug directly into a display output on the motherboard. Does anything display?

Also, can you determine which BIOS version you have? I came across this page on the ASUS website...

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_CPU/

On my B450 build, I had to use an older Athlon AM4 CPU to update the BIOS before being able to utilize my Ryzen 5 3600.

19 minutes ago, bronsonj said:

Is it ddr4? If it is the ram should be interchangable no prob

RAM is DDR3 in other PC

15 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Also, can you determine which BIOS version you have? I came across this page on the ASUS website...

On my B450 build, I had to use an older Athlon AM4 CPU to update the BIOS before being able to utilize my Ryzen 5 3600.

I've tried plugging into motherboard and graphics card, and i have the most recent BIOS

22 minutes ago, goto10 said:

also could be helpfull if you can take a picture of the build, perhaps you dnd't connected something or inserted ram modules wrong, let us see how you build the machine

20191027_200733.jpg

20191027_200747.jpg

20191027_200758.jpg

pictures are too blurry, i don't see where you conencted cpu fan header, rememer that some motherboards will not turn on if there is nothing connected there, but in the blurry picture i cant see names

are you sure you used the right ram slots for those 2 ram modules? is your motherboard working with 2 and 4? shouldn't be 1 and 3? check motherboard manual, or even remove one of the ram sticks and put only one module on ram slot 1

your cpu doesn't have a gpu in it, so plug in the monitor on the motherboard hdmi ports will do nothing, can you test the gpu in the other pc?

23 minutes ago, goto10 said:

pictures are too blurry, i don't see where you conencted cpu fan header, rememer that some motherboards will not turn on if there is nothing connected there, but in the blurry picture i cant see names

are you sure you used the right ram slots for those 2 ram modules? is your motherboard working with 2 and 4? shouldn't be 1 and 3? check motherboard manual, or even remove one of the ram sticks and put only one module on ram slot 1

your cpu doesn't have a gpu in it, so plug in the monitor on the motherboard hdmi ports will do nothing, can you test the gpu in the other pc?

I tested the gpu from my other computer in the new one and got the same result, yes the cpu fan header has a fan plugged in, and yes this is the proper Dual RAM configuration according to my motherboards manual

try with only one ram module in the first slot

unplugg everything you can, leave only the basic, even unplug the reset button on the motherboard header, leave only the power button, be sure you plugged it in the right place

even unplug audio cables form the front connectors, usb 3 header also, leave only the basics

about the waterpump, where did you connected it? where is it taking power from?

on top there is a cable connected but i can't see how is called and what it goes to

@Storm_Billy you said you have the latest bios.  I'm curious to how you know. Did you have a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen chip before the 3900x?  Because this sounds like bios issues. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

@Zusafek I downloaded the bios and put it on a USB flashdrive, there was no previous Ryzen chip

I followed these series of videos to help me through putting together and setting up the PC.

1 hour ago, Storm_Billy said:

@Zusafek I downloaded the bios and put it on a USB flashdrive, there was no previous Ryzen chip

I followed these series of videos to help me through putting together and setting up the PC.

Something stupid just popped into my head. Linus, Jay, and even Paul have all done it. Try reseating your cpu cooler. You might have it tightened down to much. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

@Zusafek was hoping this was the problem, becuase it was defiantly too tight, but even with it removed still no luck =/

On 10/27/2019 at 8:05 PM, Falcon1986 said:

I do believe this is the issue, I'm going to try a different motherboard from the x570 series, thanks for the help everyone!