Free VPN Service?

KhakiHat
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

Terrible idea 100% of the time, especially when most major VPNs are charging something like $85-90 for three years. I still use Nord even after the breach because of how narrowly-focused an attack it was, but many other VPNs exist if that scares you off. If you're using a free VPN, your data is being collected, and it is being sold/handed over because that's how free VPNs exist. They store and use your data.

Not sure if this is the correct category for this topic :P

I'm looking to use a VPN. I feel like they have been pretty commonly used now.

While I plan on going for a paid service soon, for now I'd like to see if there are any good free ones out there.

Anyone have VPNs they'd recommend or strongly not recommend?

If you don't care of security, then free vpn is good enough.

Try https://www.urban-vpn.com/

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Terrible idea 100% of the time, especially when most major VPNs are charging something like $85-90 for three years. I still use Nord even after the breach because of how narrowly-focused an attack it was, but many other VPNs exist if that scares you off. If you're using a free VPN, your data is being collected, and it is being sold/handed over because that's how free VPNs exist. They store and use your data.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

9 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

True, care to explain what kinds of data they mined from you? And why should we be worried?

I just use this services to open US based websites.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

28 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

15 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

True, care to explain what kinds of data they mined from you? And why should we be worried?

The plot thickens.

I'll just avoid the free VPNs and go for Nord, haha

17 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

My understanding is that there was server in Finland with management software that gave access to the server, but the data that goes trough the sever was encrypted. That is what I know about this thing.

And nothing is free, if you don't pay for the service the provider gets it's money either mining all the data out off you it can or flood you with adds. Probably both.

2 minutes ago, Rusted said:

My understanding is that there was server in Finland with management software that gave access to the server, but the data that goes trough the sever was encrypted. That is what I know about this thing.

And nothing is free, if you don't pay for the service the provider gets it's money either mining all the data out off you it can or flood you with adds. Probably both.

Still doesn't explain why i should care.

I only browse here and there, watch youtube, download stuff, play online games.

Should i care if they mined my browsing data?

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Still doesn't explain why i should care.

I only browse here and there, watch youtube, download stuff, play online games.

Should i care if they mined my browsing data?

Depends on what you've been browsing, haha

8 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

The whole point of a VPN is privacy. If it's a VPN that covers its operating expenses by selling identifying data along with browsing history, well, what the f*ck's the point?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

13 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The whole point of a VPN is privacy. If it's a VPN that covers its operating expenses by selling identifying data along with browsing history, well, what the f*ck's the point?

To bypass geo-restricted sites. ;)

6 hours ago, aisle9 said:

The whole point of a VPN is privacy. what the f*ck's the point?

That's MY point.

13 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

That's MY point.

Then a free one should be good for the you if you don't care or mind the loss of privacy