Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pauls

Upgrade old pc

Posted · Original PosterOP

I would like to upgrade my old PC with these features: Cpu Pentium G630 2.70 ghz, Ram 4.00 GB DDR3 @ 532 Mhz, Foxconn 2ABF motherboard, Intel Hd graphics card. However I would like to keep the Windows 10 home 64 bit operating system with the installed programs, how could I do?

9 minutes ago, Pauls said:

I would like to upgrade my old PC with these features: Cpu Pentium G630 2.70 ghz, Ram 4.00 GB DDR3 @ 532 Mhz, Foxconn 2ABF motherboard, Intel Hd graphics card. However I would like to keep the Windows 10 home 64 bit operating system with the installed programs, how could I do?

You would be better to just get a whole new pc, whats your budget?

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang | Fold to save the world!

iPhone 6s | 32GB | iOS 13

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM | 256GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Windows 10 Home

Laptop: HP 14-an060sa | E2-7110 | Radeon R2 APU | 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD | Windows 10 Home

Phones:

Main: iPhone 6s 32gb Space Grey (upgrading to iPhone XR)

Collection:

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 5 32gb Black (iOS 6)

Unboxed C grade iPhone 5c 16gb Green

Unboxed B grade iPhone 5 16gb Black (iOS 8.4.1)

Unboxed A grade iPhone 4s 8gb White (iOS 6.1.3)

Original Boxed B grade iPhone SE 32gb Rose Gold (iOS 12..4.1)

Non Orignal Boxed B grade iPhone 5s 16gb Silver (iOS 11.3.4)

Original Boxed A grade Samsung Galaxy S7

7 minutes ago, Pauls said:

I would like to upgrade my old PC with these features: Cpu Pentium G630 2.70 ghz, Ram 4.00 GB DDR3 @ 532 Mhz, Foxconn 2ABF motherboard, Intel Hd graphics card.

1. Are you working with a budget for this upgrade?
  2. What do you hope to be able to do with an upgrade of this PC?
  3. Was this a custom-built PC or was it obtained from a popular PC brand? What kind of case/form factor are you working with?

If you're willing to keep the motherboard, you can just upgrade the CPU, RAM and GPU. As a start, found your motherboard specifications here. Looks like your maximum supported CPU is Sandy Bridge CPUs, but I've also found posts elsewhere saying that a BIOS update can allow for Ivy Bridge CPUs.

7 minutes ago, Pauls said:

However I would like to keep the Windows 10 home 64 bit operating system with the installed programs, how could I do?

Was this an OEM license or full retail/upgrade license? If you still have the license key you should be able to reuse it after activation. However, with all the hardware upgrades you plan to do I'm not entirely sure the Windows activation will be a straightforward process. Might need to do a call-in activation if prompted.

1 minute ago, Pauls said:

One thousand Euro.

With that kind of budget, just buy a new system or build another.

Your current system is based on very old hardware with limited performance. You should be able to get more modern hardware with that budget for an entirely new system.

Posted · Original PosterOP

the pc is a pre-assembled hp, my goal is to change the motherboard and the other components but I don't know which components to choose.