Wraith Prism Cooler

Wingfan

Anyone have this on a R3700X and how are the temps?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

You can expect 90plus degrees during load. I would sell the thing and get a better solution

Country? Budget?  Sample retailer or shop? 

Case, RAMs,mobo?  To make recommendations easier 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

You can see some examples here: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/QKJtt6#h=1

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You can see some examples here: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/QKJtt6#h=1

Most seem to go above 70c. I know thats exceptable, and will keep for awhile but definitley getting aftermarket. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

I have one on an FX 8320 overclocked to 4.4GHz at 1.36 volts. Keeps it around 50C in Aida64. Granted, I have the fan on max. But the installation this is going into won't be affected by the noise.

Question: Would a 120AIO be better, like Corsair or CoolerMaster?

10 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

It can be.

Depending on what your goals, it might be a good option and / or there may be better alternatives.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

26 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

There's a couple of videos that do focus on this matter you have at hand.

Might be worth checking out

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

16 hours ago, Wingfan said:

Have a prism on my 2700X (stock speeds). Note the prism cooler has a toggle switch to choose between low and high fan speed modes, i keep mine on low. I have the fan set on 50% from 0 to 60 degrees, then a straight gradient to 100%  from 60 to 75 degrees.

Idle temps range from about 40 to 50 degrees. Max load (Cinebench etc) get its up to 76 degrees with the CPU boosting to ~4GHz on all cores and pulling ~120W

During gaming it sits around the high 50s to low 60s (My main game is warframe, not very CPU intensive so YMMV)

I also have a Masterliquid ML120 RGB which i used to run on it, with dual fans in push pull exhausting air. Temps were slightly better but basically identical. peaked at 75 degrees (obviously took longer to get there) Idled around 42-45

Stuck with the air cooler for simplicity

I'd say you need to get a 240 AIO to make the performance difference worth it, the prism is a half decent air cooler already so a 120 AIO is barely any better

Ryzen 7 2700X  | Gigabyte RX5700 XT | ASUS TUF B450M | HyperX Fury 2x16gb 3200MHz |  CM MasterBox Lite 3 (Mesh Modded) | Corsair MP510 960GB | Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700w

Running a stock 3700X, with good case cooling mine gets to 72 degrees max when running a blender and heaven loop, I think the fan only hits about 2600 rpm like this and is OK for noise.  I'm sure I could run it cooler at the expense of noise.  Before I had the case fans sorted I would get up over 80 degrees with the fan screaming loudly at max (3200 rpm).  When gaming the system barely makes any noise, haven't logged temps but the fans barely speed up.

IMO the Prism is totally fine if your willing to put a bit of effort into case cooling and running stock speeds, might work for a mild overclock.