Police Demand Google Maps Remove New ‘Speed Trap’ Feature

Flying Sausages
1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

visible cars

Read my prevous post. They dont drive visible cars in my area. Shit the Sheriff drives black dodge chargers with the word Sheriff painted on the bumper in the color 2 shade ligher than what the car is painted. Legally its "Marked" but there is no way of knowing its a police veichle. Lights are only inside the car on the visors, so you dont know who they are until your on top of them, and they gottcha ass then. And this is not isolated. Many communities around these parts its the same. The only police department that doesnt do this is the state police. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

50 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Read my prevous post. They dont drive visible cars in my area. Shit the Sheriff drives black dodge chargers with the word Sheriff painted on the bumper in the color 2 shade ligher than what the car is painted. Legally its "Marked" but there is no way of knowing its a police veichle. Lights are only inside the car on the visors, so you dont know who they are until your on top of them, and they gottcha ass then. And this is not isolated. Many communities around these parts its the same. The only police department that doesnt do this is the state police. 

That smells of possible abuse.  Sheriffs are elected.  Vote him out.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

This is basically a google integration of what I have been using a seperate app for for years.... Also how is this different from radio stations warning people about radar traps.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

That smells of possible abuse.  Sheriffs are elected.  Vote him out.

He is opperating with in the letter of the law. The car has to be marked. Legally its marked. Really its only a problem for those ass holes who fail to read the speed limit signs. I myself have never gotten a ticket in the 15 years Ive been drving. Plus, I dont think anyone runs aginst him, to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

He is opperating with in the letter of the law. The car has to be marked. Legally its marked. Really its only a problem for those ass holes who fail to read the speed limit signs. I myself have never gotten a ticket in the 15 years Ive been drving. Plus, I dont think anyone runs aginst him, to be honest. 

So you have a problem with it except you don’t? I’m confused.  Trying to figure out the intent of the original statement.  That while there is a law requiring marking of police cars it is effectively avoidable and while most don’t avoid it some choose to?  That you feel speed traps for revenue production are a good thing?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:31 PM, OlympicAssEater said:

We want to drive fast and die fast like a real man. No airbag, we die like a real man.

I think the words you are looking for are "drive fast and leave a sexy corpse" - Stanley Lee Hudson. Yes, that is an Office reference.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So you have a problem with it except you don’t? I’m confused.  Trying to figure out the intent of the original statement.  That while there is a law requiring marking of police cars it is effectively avoidable and while most don’t avoid it some choose to?  That you feel speed traps for revenue production are a good thing?

Well the city needs money. It’s the most sure way for them to get it. They can’t just raise taxes because that requires a vote by residents. But pulling your ass over is something they can do with out permission. Also most drivers on the road are ass hats who can’t fucking read the speed limit signs. So most of these people deserve the ticket. 

On 11/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, Vitamanic said:

random white person

Im actually black

9 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Well the city needs money. It’s the most sure way for them to get it. They can’t just raise taxes because that requires a vote by residents. But pulling your ass over is something they can do with out permission. Also most drivers on the road are ass hats who can’t fucking read the speed limit signs. So most of these people deserve the ticket. 

Asked and answered.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:27 PM, Donut417 said:

The city could try paying its administrators way less, budgeting properly, spending money wisely, etc. Shit, a road near my work finally got repaved and then a month later a gas company is in there tearing it up to work on the gas lines. What kinda fucking sense does that make?

They are not just blanket entitled to more money by any means possible. Also in my experience most speed limits are far too low.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs