Exhaust uses more fuel?

Prokart2000
1 hour ago, Prokart2000 said:

My biggest issue that I'm finding at the moment is that I find it seems to be lacking some power on acceleration in comparison to what it used to have (I'm not sure if it's placebo but I don't think it is)

Unless you have had it tested with equipment, assume any perceived difference is in your head.

1 hour ago, Prokart2000 said:

Also I have found the mpg is slightly down on what it used to get although it has got slightly better.

So it is lower than what it was, or is it more than what it was? Or are you basing it off a reading on the display?

2 hours ago, Prokart2000 said:

It's much worse when the engine is could though.

There is almost no way you could tell this unless you drove it less than a mile at a time, let the engine cool, then drove it another mile, and repeated.

2 hours ago, Prokart2000 said:

Would you recommend I purchase an oem backbox and just run that instead?

I don't know what an "OEM Backbox" is, but if the only thing you have modified is the exhaust, then any drastic changes to fuel economy, or power, is more likely the result of a fouled sensor.

Out of curiosity, what year Fiesta? And trim level?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

On 10/26/2019 at 11:20 AM, Prokart2000 said:

I installed an exhaust to my fiesta

that is a pretty broad term

the exhaust tip is "exhaust"

cat-back exhaust

to header-back

did you replace the catalytic converter

also install new c02 sensor, did you install the c02 sensor wires?

9 hours ago, The1Dickens said:

Unless you have had it tested with equipment, assume any perceived difference is in your head.

So it is lower than what it was, or is it more than what it was? Or are you basing it off a reading on the display?

There is almost no way you could tell this unless you drove it less than a mile at a time, let the engine cool, then drove it another mile, and repeated.

I don't know what an "OEM Backbox" is, but if the only thing you have modified is the exhaust, then any drastic changes to fuel economy, or power, is more likely the result of a fouled sensor.

Out of curiosity, what year Fiesta? And trim level?

Yeah I was thinking it could be a placebo effect 

I was comparing how many miles were done for a certain amount of movement on the fuel gauge but I know there are many variables. I was saying it was down still from the original box but has got better the more I have driven it

The reading when cold was off the display as it seems to drop on the average mpg pretty quick and it didn't used to prior

OEM is just the standard one, I might plug in my obd2 Bluetooth reader and check stuff, is there anything I should look for? 

It's a 2007 fiesta 1.25 zetec climate with about 73k miles

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

4 hours ago, Prokart2000 said:

I was comparing how many miles were done for a certain amount of movement on the fuel gauge but I know there are many variables.

The gauges are not accurate enough to be able to gauge it like that. Your best bet will be to fill up the tank, reset the trip meter, drive it for a while, then fill up again. Divide the number on the trip meter by how many gallons it took to fill up the second time, and that's your mpg.

The reading when cold was off the display as it seems to drop on the average mpg pretty quick and it didn't used to prior

Do not focus so much on that reading on the gauge. At best, its off by a few mpg. It's meant to be read on an average, not a block-by-block literal reading.

OEM is just the standard one, I might plug in my obd2 Bluetooth reader and check stuff, is there anything I should look for?

Unless you have logging software, you won't see anything that isn't a trouble code. Normal OBDII tools only read the onboard memory to view trouble codes, they don't have access to the telemetry. You'd need a specific (and expensive) tool to be able to read out live data from all the sensors (not to mention the learning curve to know what each sensor reading means). If you have any trouble codes, though, definitely get them taken care of.

If you are getting absolute garbage mileage suddenly, then it would be wise to throw the original pipe back on. But a solid rule of thumb with cars is the best mileage your car will get will be in factory tune. Otherwise, just don't worry about the 1-2 mpg difference, and enjoy your car.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

7 hours ago, The1Dickens said:

The gauges are not accurate enough to be able to gauge it like that. Your best bet will be to fill up the tank, reset the trip meter, drive it for a while, then fill up again. Divide the number on the trip meter by how many gallons it took to fill up the second time, and that's your mpg.

Do not focus so much on that reading on the gauge. At best, its off by a few mpg. It's meant to be read on an average, not a block-by-block literal reading.

Unless you have logging software, you won't see anything that isn't a trouble code. Normal OBDII tools only read the onboard memory to view trouble codes, they don't have access to the telemetry. You'd need a specific (and expensive) tool to be able to read out live data from all the sensors (not to mention the learning curve to know what each sensor reading means). If you have any trouble codes, though, definitely get them taken care of.

If you are getting absolute garbage mileage suddenly, then it would be wise to throw the original pipe back on. But a solid rule of thumb with cars is the best mileage your car will get will be in factory tune. Otherwise, just don't worry about the 1-2 mpg difference, and enjoy your car.

I have an obd2 Bluetooth reader and I believe the app I have supports data logging so I can try that maybe

Nothing is garbage with it, just slightly down and I'm not sure if the power feels slightly down too that was all

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB