Advanced Home networking system recommendation

AidenTheBotLol

Hello LTT Forum,

I have decided to take on the task to upgrade my families networking equipment so I have decided to go baller. So what i have so far is a Ubiquity Edgerouter 4 (the edgerouter was a recent purchase because my family has a total of 30 devices connected at all times always doing something and the standard ASUS router wasn't cutting it) two asus rt-86us (in access point mode don't worry), and a TP-link switch. I need two purchase three new access points (three because one for each floor) (one access point should be under the cost of $180) and a server rack that will have the ability to house multiple 2u maybe 4u servers for storage and maybe Minecraft server running and probably other things (once my ISP runs fiber lines and drops the 2tb data cap per month). I would like a recommendation on a server rack (I have looked at 22U racks for example NavePoint 22U Professional 4-Post) and I have looked at access points from ubiquity and linksys the main thing that I want is 4x4 or 3x3 mumimo.

Thanks,

ShelterMan aka Aiden

Im Jealous...

Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

22 hours ago, ShelterMan said:

I have decided to take on the task to upgrade my families networking equipment so I have decided to go baller. So what i have so far is a Ubiquity Edgerouter 4 (the edgerouter was a recent purchase because my family has a total of 30 devices connected at all times always doing something and the standard ASUS router wasn't cutting it)

30 devices!? 

Everyone connecting their laptops, phones and other network devices all at the same time? I'm curious. What else do you guys have connected on the network other than the obvious? Nintendo Switches/PS4s? Networked appliances? Tablets?

Wew.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

23 hours ago, ShelterMan said:

Hello LTT Forum,

I have decided to take on the task to upgrade my families networking equipment so I have decided to go baller. So what i have so far is a Ubiquity Edgerouter 4 (the edgerouter was a recent purchase because my family has a total of 30 devices connected at all times always doing something and the standard ASUS router wasn't cutting it) two asus rt-86us (in access point mode don't worry), and a TP-link switch. I need two purchase three new access points (three because one for each floor) (one access point should be under the cost of $180) and a server rack that will have the ability to house multiple 2u maybe 4u servers for storage and maybe Minecraft server running and probably other things (once my ISP runs fiber lines and drops the 2tb data cap per month). I would like a recommendation on a server rack (I have looked at 22U racks for example NavePoint 22U Professional 4-Post) and I have looked at access points from ubiquity and linksys the main thing that I want is 4x4 or 3x3 mumimo.

Thanks,

ShelterMan aka Aiden

Not an expert, but Id probably go Ubiqutiy on the AP's, just because all of their shit works together. Also with the clould key its easy to configure all of it from what I have read. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 hours ago, Xiee said:

30 devices!? 

Everyone connecting their laptops, phones and other network devices all at the same time? I'm curious. What else do you guys have connected on the network other than the obvious? Nintendo Switches/PS4s? Networked appliances? Tablets?

Wew.

So I am in a family of 7 including my parents, me and my 4 other siblings. There are at least 30 devices inducing smart cameras that use WiFi. I have 4 devices, my brothers have 10 different devices and we have 3 WiFi tvs (roku/netflix). My parents each have 3 devices (6) plus the 4 cameras that we have so a total of 27 connected at all times on the week ends the number might hit 40 because we have a bunch of friends over and they all connect their devices. The new AP's that i want to get should have the ability to make more than one WiFi network not talking 2ghz and 5ghz like actual networks that a school might do to segregate speeds (which is what I want to do). Myfamilieslastname-Admin (Full bandwidth), MyFamiliesLastName-Home (3/4 bandwidth) , MyFamilieslastname-Home 2 (1/4 bandwidth (this would be good for friends and other devices like smart tvs)) MyFamiliesLastName-Guest (2/8 bandwidth).