What to pair with a 1080Ti on tight budget?

So. I have eyeballing with the i5 9400F . Which is 160bucks new where i live. 
The rig will be used strictly for gaming. 
I was looking around at the used market too but i only could get an i7 8700T or a Ryzen 5 2600x or Ryzen 7 2700 or Ryzen 7 1800x. Pretty much these are at the same price used atm where i live.
But honestly i dont think any of these would be a good option. What u guys think?

6 minutes ago, Metaton said:

So. I have eyeballing with the i5 9400F . Which is 160bucks new where i live. 
The rig will be used strictly for gaming. 
I was looking around at the used market too but i only could get an i7 8700T or a Ryzen 5 2600x or Ryzen 7 2700 or Ryzen 7 1800x. Pretty much these are at the same price used atm where i live.
But honestly i dont think any of these would be a good option. What u guys think?

What budget/country?

What monitor resolution/refresh rate?

Do you already own the 1080ti?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What budget/country?

What monitor resolution/refresh rate?

Do you already own the 1080ti?

Yep. I already have the 1080Ti. As i was able to get it a veeery low price. And i have a 240Hz 1080p monitor. I get that its weird for some people to cheap out on cpu etc but its not like i didnt cheap out on the gpu nor the monitor. Trust me. I got them 2nd hand dirt cheap.  Hungary btw. And for the cpu i'm plannin to spend round 200. I'm really looking at whats best for price per performance. If something costs 160 and another one thats faster 10% and costs 190 or somthing i aint for that 30bucks 10% improvement. Thats not a great price per performance in my opinion. Maybe becouse now i'm taking this 9400f as my baseline or idk.  

5 minutes ago, Metaton said:

Yep. I already have the 1080Ti. As i was able to get it a veeery low price. And i have a 240Hz 1080p monitor. I get that its

For 240hz, I'd for sure get an R5 3600 with 3600mhz CL16 RAM, or whatever works best for the motherboard you buy with it. As it's 10+% higher performance than the 2600

MSI's B450 boards with USB bios flashing are a safe bet.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

There are the Ryzen 5 2600,Ryzen 7 2700,and the Ryzen 5 3600 in your price range,

They are good options,

I would personally choose the Ryzen 7 2700 because it's a 8 core CPU but the Ryzen 5 3600 has higher single core performance :P

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

For 240hz, I'd for sure get an R5 3600 with 3600mhz CL16 RAM, or whatever works best for the motherboard you buy with it. As it's 10+% higher performance than the 2600

MSI's B450 boards with USB bios flashing are a safe bet.

Thanks but this proc is 220bucks where i live. Not to mention the high speed ram with that sort of timing... 
Its60bucks more just for the cpu. Its clearly better option to the i5. Its just its not 60bucks better. Even 2nd hand sadly its like 30bucks more or so. 
Or maybe i'm just really trying to cheap out here.

12 minutes ago, Metaton said:

And i have a 240Hz 1080p monitor.

oof... then you need all the CPU you can get, R5 3600 minimum... otherwise you'll never see 240fps outside the easiest to run e-sports.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Metaton said:

Thanks but this proc is 220bucks where i live. Not to mention the high speed ram with that sort of timing... 
Its 50bucks more just for the cpu. Its clearly better option to the i5. Its just its not 60bucks better. Even 2nd hand sadly its like 30bucks more or so. 
Or maybe i'm just really trying to cheap out here.

If you have to wait like a week or 2 before buying to get the 3600 it's worth it for the long run

otherwise the R5 2600 would be preferred over that locked i5 for the extra threads as it should still help the 1% and 0.1% frame drops.

3200mhz CL16 is also fine and can just be overclocked on Ryzen 3000

Spoiler

Just now, Princess Luna said:

oof... then you need all the CPU you can get, R5 3600 minimum... otherwise you'll never see 240fps outside the easiest to run e-sports.

Heheh. Well. I did a pc back for my friend with a 1070 and an i7 6700k clocked to 4.5Ghz. And it was able to get almost fixed 240Fps in Fortnite with competitive settings. Ye he plays Fortnite competitive get over it :P:D . 

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you have to wait like a week or 2 before buying to get the 3600 it's worth it for the long run

otherwise the R5 2600 would be preferred over that locked i5 for the extra threads as it should still help the 1% and 0.1% frame drops.

3200mhz CL16 is also fine and can just be overclocked on Ryzen 3000

For the long run wouldnt be the upgrade path better with the Intel?

For 1080p 240hz with a 1080ti I wouldn't get less than a Ryzen 5 3600(it's the best price to performance CPU on the market and is pretty much on par with the i7 8700k), 3600mhz ram is completely unnecessary, 3200mhz which is only a couple dollars more than 3000mhz is just fine. Plus Z390 is end of life for Intel CPU's Ryzen is sticking with AM4 for awhile if you went Intel you'd have no upgradeability besides what's already out.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, Metaton said:

Not really because that's more money in the long run

and you can only go to a 9700K or 9900K, and then you're overpaying for a Z chipset motherboard you can't use for a while

If you just want to buy today go for the R5 2600, you can upgrade to Ryzen 4000 next year too, and the lower power draw CPUs make the cheaper 4 phase VRM boards viable for even the 8 core.

Spoiler

The 3600 is not overclockable only the X counterpart or is it? 

8 minutes ago, Metaton said:

Nope, Z390 is end of life you can only upgrade up to the 9900k and that's not at all worth putting money into especially in a couple years or when you'll want to upgrade and you'll have to find an probably pay a "premium" for a no longer manufactured 9th gen processor. AMD is the way to go at this time.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, Metaton said:

The 3600 is not overclockable only the X counterpart or is it? 

All Ryzen (R) CPUs are unlocked, even the non X, and you can overclock on B450 boards, assuming it has at least a 4 phase VRM with a heatsink for safety.

Spoiler

On 10/26/2019 at 12:24 AM, Streetguru said:

All Ryzen (R) CPUs are unlocked, even the non X, and you can overclock on B450 boards, assuming it has at least a 4 phase VRM with a heatsink for safety.

Gotcha. Is it possible to OC on the box cooler or is it require more? And if so what should i get? Also, could you, or someone recommend me some cheap but decent mobos for OC? 
I might really just stick with Ryzen. But also i heard some roumors that in a few months new gen Intel will be out. 

Ryzen 3600 with an x370 Crosshair VI Hero and some Ballistix Sport Ram would be a nice upgrade (ram can be overclocked a lot i run my 3000/15 at 3600 cl 14).

The Crosshair VI Hero has very nice VRM´s and can handle a 3950x later + has Intel LAN and other features.

4 hours ago, Metaton said:

Gotcha. Is it possible to OC on the box cooler or is it require more? And if so what should i get? Also, could you, or

Any X470 board should be fine, MSI's are nice and cheap usually

Otherwise any B450 board like ths steel legend, or an MSI Gaming or Tomahawk board are also fine

Spoiler