My ISP called...

Judahnator

If my ISP ever calls me about torrenting illegal software, here is how I picture the conversation going;

"Have you seen how much Photoshop is?"

"No, I can't say I have"

"That shit's $999 and does almost the same thing as a $20 editor."

"Oh damn"

"Yeah..."

"Wow."

"So we cool now?"

"We cool"

*click*

//ccap

Get a big dog.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

As long as what your doing is legal,It's all good in the hood bro. When they see torrents, they immediately think your downloading something illegal. Many of the people that work at huge ISPs are ignorant and don't know what their doing(explains their terrible help service)

If they bring Lawyers, tell them to show you proof that what you downloaded is illegal

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

This, I only torrent anime but I really can't be held liable. It's just from fansub groups, and it's usually anime that isn't even released here yet :P

Off topic: Was the name of that netflix-like service for anime? My sister was asking me about it but I forgot the name and url

If my ISP ever calls me about torrenting illegal software, here is how I picture the conversation going;

"Have you seen how much Photoshop is?"

"No, I can't say I have"

"That shit's $999 and does almost the same thing as a $20 editor."

"Oh damn"

"Yeah..."

"Wow."

"So we cool now?"

"We cool"

*click*

Isn't that shit now yet another fucking monthly bill though? Which is imho even worst?

Who ever registered the internet for the home is responsible for everything that happens on their network.

No, we just said that it was ruled that IP cannot identify you as a person so just because they have your IP doing illegal things they can't charge you personally for it with no other evidence. This is because regardless of security most home networks are piss easy to crack anyway.

-------

Current Rig

-------

No, we just said that it was ruled that IP cannot identify you as a person so just because they have your IP doing illegal things they can't charge you personally for it with no other evidence. This is because regardless of security most home networks are piss easy to crack anyway.

It doesn't matter who downloaded the 'illegal' content over your internet connection. If you are the owner of the contract, you are fully reliable for it.

However, there are ways for the contract owner to find out which computer was used to download the files, even though that requires monitoring.

If you can prove that it wasn't a computer in your household, you are probably fine.

Reduce > Reuse > Recycle

Build-log (way out of date)

Off topic: Was the name of that netflix-like service for anime? My sister was asking me about it but I forgot the name and url

Crunchy roll, but I hate streaming imo.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

It doesn't matter who downloaded the 'illegal' content over your internet connection. If you are the owner of the contract, you are fully reliable for it.

However, there are ways for the contract owner to find out which computer was used to download the files, even though that requires monitoring.

If you can prove that it wasn't a computer in your household, you are probably fine.

No, the law was upheld precisely because you CANT be held accountable for unauthorized access to your accounts. If you had your car stolen, provided you reported it stolen, you can't be held accountable for any liability in resulting accidents or crimes committed with it after it's been stolen. I don't think I can make it any more clearer since unlike your car, you can't really know if your connection has been used without your authorization making IP alone meaningless to identify you as any wifi networks creates reasonable doubt.

This is a pretty simple concept that has been upheld in court already, it's not something that you can argue against unless you're an attorney a few days away from a successful appeal that overturns this decision. German law might be different but we were commenting on American Jurisdiction here.

Crunchy roll, but I hate streaming imo.

I used to hate streaming too, but now that I have

1) A semi reliable 20mb optic fiber connection (please don't laugh, it's included with the land line at no extra cost so it's the best I can afford atm)

2) Ran out of space on the 750gb hdd ( my next purchase will likely be an SSD 120 gb'ter as OS drive and this same old 750gb as storage for now)

3) Got a free Netflix account since a family member it's an employee

I decided to give streaming the good old college try. Anything new I'm just streaming, when I get knocked offline for some reason I go back to the stored stuff, other than that I only use storage on hdd for some of my all time favorite movies or stuff I haven't gotten around to delete yet.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The only people who can sue you are the copyright holders your ISP cant do anything other than tell you to stop. If you don't, they CAN terminate your connection or slow it.  But it might be them trying to get you to stop using so much band with. 

I used to hate streaming too, but now that I have

1) A semi reliable 20mb optic fiber connection (please don't laugh, it's included with the land line at no extra cost so it's the best I can afford atm)

2) Ran out of space on the 750gb hdd ( my next purchase will likely be an SSD 120 gb'ter as OS drive and this same old 750gb as storage for now)

3) Got a free Netflix account since a family member it's an employee

I decided to give streaming the good old college try. Anything new I'm just streaming, when I get knocked offline for some reason I go back to the stored stuff, other than that I only use storage on hdd for some of my all time favorite movies or stuff I haven't gotten around to delete yet.

It's just a quality thing for me, I'd rather 720p local files. And I love supporting the fan-sub groups.

Isn't that shit now yet another fucking monthly bill though? Which is imho even worst?

Depends which version you want- they have a new one that you can rent out for about 10$/mo or you can outright buy it for 1k. Personally, I'd rather rent it than pay 1k for it. You could get an entire new computer for that amount of money...

//CCap

//ccap

And apparently it also doesn't matter how many times we explain to you why this is legally incorrect, you just keep repeating the same stuff without acknowledging the information given to you, so goodbye.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I never torrent illegal content (except anime, but I have no other means of obtaining if possible I will support the studio by buying the product though) I usually torrent linux distros or a game mod or something 

That's a pretty big 'except'. A lot of Japanese content providers are pretty strict with copyright issues.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

That's a pretty big 'except'. A lot of Japanese content providers are pretty strict with copyright issues.

I have no other way of obtaining alot of smaller works I do not know what else to do 

And apparently it also doesn't matter how many times we explain to you why this is legally incorrect, you just keep repeating the same stuff without acknowledging the information given to you, so goodbye.

I only made a single post on this thread.

In germany at least my point stands. If you can prove that it wasn't a computer of the connected household, there is nothing to worry about. Otherwise you need a good lawyer.

Reduce > Reuse > Recycle

Build-log (way out of date)

I have no other way of obtaining alot of smaller works I do not know what else to do 

Fair enough, just something to think about.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Fair enough, just something to think about.

If I could support them I would :(

Ignore and tell your parents to just deny knowing anything about computers or torrents and hold the phone as soon as possible to avoid talking too much. The ISP supposedly called to say that you are downloading illegally, this is common, they did not convey this message in writing so I doubt the formality. Even if they do send you mail there is nothing much they can do about it because they are not the content holders. Only the content holder has the right to sue. Any message that has been conveyed by your ISP is worthless and don't concern yourself until a content holder comes along and speaks to you. Because you say that you dont download illegally, you should go on doing your own business and not let yourself be stopped by false threats.

As for torrents, you may have downloaded the torrent from a site and the download may have trackers attached to it from the site or the uploader. This helps increase seed numbers but also the tracker has lots of info on you and the ISP might just have all the IP's and be calling everyone. If you continue to download torrents, legit or not, then disable all trackers on the torrents and use "local peer discovery" and maybe DHT. Set your torrent client to download as "encrypted" too.

Comb it with a brick

You do not get phone calls from your ISP in regards to piracy. They send you emails/letters and they indicate WHO is suing you and for WHAT.

This sounds like blatant bullshit in my opinion. Give it no heed.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I've recieved 2 letters in my life time in reguards to torrenting content from my ISP, even attached with the specific file names

in which they had issues with, i just throw them out, because they mean nothing, and well.. I don't live in the US so i don't

have anything to worry about.

got a 4 TB NAS the other day, rebuilding that media collection, one blu-ray series at a time

feHsKLL.jpg

That's weird lol, just ignore them.

I live in The Netherlands so downloading anything except software which I still do is legal and I don't care alot about all those people complaining the artists who will not earn anything because of you.

Comcast has a copyright alert system, so whenever I download a video from YouTube, I use a service (add-on) called Video DownloadHelper.  Unlike torrenting, the add-on basically takes whatever video source you have cached in RAM and allows you to download it, providing the video source is not copyright-protected.  You have to click on the video that you wish to download so it gets cached.  Unfortunately, Twitch only caches thirty minutes at a time, so if you want to download an entire broadcast, you will have to download the Twitch stream in thirty-minute segments and peace those together using Windows Movie Maker or something else.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

It's just a quality thing for me, I'd rather 720p local files. And I love supporting the fan-sub groups.

Crunchyroll has full 1080P available for almost everything, though... or is that just for subscribers?

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Crunchyroll has full 1080P available for almost everything, though... or is that just for subscribers?

Just subscribers

Just subscribers

*goes to check*

*logs out of crunchyroll*

I stand corrected. Still, it's worth it for me. It supports the industry, and it lets me watch on my TV.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.