OnePlus 7 vs iPhone xr !

and why not the 7t Pro?
the 7t/7t pro have the snapdragon 855 plus instead of the 855. They are already faster than the older ones and you are looking for something for the next few years

31 minutes ago, Didarul Hossain Rafi said:

Bro how's the battery ? 

Sometimes really good, sometimes reasonable, and a couple of times it was kind of meh. But it could be that it's better than I think because I am quite a heavy user, so take this with a grain of salt.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

23 minutes ago, Didarul Hossain Rafi said:

I want to try oxyzen os/ ios 

i am using a oneplus 5t since 2017 and i am really happy with oxygen os. My next phone will definitly be a oneplus again. You get fast updates and a really fast OS. 

5 hours ago, Didarul Hossain Rafi said:

** Phone has to be durable as I have a bad habit of dropping phone a lot ** 

Then you obviously cant have a apple. Apple's are known for breaking at the moment they fall, and when you buy a "budget" apple (XR) you cant expect anything good in durability. I also think the OnePlus 7 Pro is just basically a better phone, so go OnePlus 7 Pro.

6 hours ago, SnowTech said:

Then you obviously cant have a apple. Apple's are known for breaking at the moment they fall, and when you buy a "budget" apple (XR) you cant expect anything good in durability. I also think the OnePlus 7 Pro is just basically a better phone, so go OnePlus 7 Pro.

The OnePlus 7 Pro has a glass back and a curved-display screen.  You really think it's going to be more durable than an iPhone XR?  Hell no, it's going to crack the moment it hits the pavement.  And did I add that we don't know how water-resistant OnePlus is, since the company declined to seek a rating?

There are reasons to argue in favor of the OP7 Pro, but durability definitely isn't one of them.  Between this and your OP7 / iPhone 11 Pro "comparison" it's pretty clear you're letting your fandom for OnePlus cloud your judgment.

6 hours ago, SnowTech said:

I drop-kicked my iPhone 6 Plus by accident (had to remove the screen and crank the corner back with pliers) and dropped it numerous times after that, and it still works and the original screen has never even had a hairline crack. 

I've treated my iPhone X with much more respect and it's never broken either. And for reference both the 6 Plus and X I run with my standard setup (dbrand skin + TG screen protector, I hate cases). 

Only iPhone I've ever cracked was an iPhone 4S I dropped on the corner on a hard floor. To be fair to Apple that specific iPhone 4S had been repaired multiple times, already on its third screen and I forget what back (replacing parts on phones tends to make them break easier next time). That still works though, it's on its 4th screen now thanks to my siblings deciding to beat the shit out of it. 

Basically iPhones aren't as breakable as people claim and if you're dropping your phone all the time either fix it, get a case, or be prepared to buy a new one. Same goes for literally any other flagship on the market now. 

Also if you're wanting to use the phone for the next 2-3 years, iPhones usually have vastly superior OS support and updates for much longer. They finally phased out the 6/6 Plus with iOS 13 (they only run up to 12) and those are from 5 years ago. 

A lot of social media apps prefer iOS, though that may have changed since I was looking into it a year or so back. 

Also Apple's LCDs are on par with the majority of OLEDs in general use. They're very, very good panels from Samsung (who also makes Apple's OLEDs IIRC), the new ones with true tone and such aren't noticeably worse than an OLED. Even my 6 Plus is only slightly less "poppy" with the colors than my iPhone X (which is an OLED), newer phones with LCDs are much better. AFAIK LCDs also can't burn in like OLEDs can. 

18 minutes ago, Commodus said:

it's pretty clear you're letting your fandom for OnePlus cloud your judgment.

^ Basically this. You're flat out ignoring facts about iPhones in order to make an OP look better. If you want a OnePlus, get a OnePlus lol. No one fucking cares, and if they do then why would their opinion on what phone you want matter? You're gonna be using it, get the one you want. I looked at the OP 5T back when I was getting my iPhone X, decided I'd rather have iOS so that's why I went with it. I don't need to try and make the OP 5T look bad in order to justify my choice. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

I drop-kicked my iPhone 6 Plus by accident (had to remove the screen and crank the corner back with pliers) and dropped it numerous times after that, and it still works and the original screen has never even had a hairline crack. 

I've treated my iPhone X with much more respect and it's never broken either. And for reference both the 6 Plus and X I run with my standard setup (dbrand skin + TG screen protector, I hate cases). 

Only iPhone I've ever cracked was an iPhone 4S I dropped on the corner on a hard floor. To be fair to Apple that specific iPhone 4S had been repaired multiple times, already on its third screen and I forget what back (replacing parts on phones tends to make them break easier next time). That still works though, it's on its 4th screen now thanks to my siblings deciding to beat the shit out of it. 

Basically iPhones aren't as breakable as people claim and if you're dropping your phone all the time either fix it, get a case, or be prepared to buy a new one. Same goes for literally any other flagship on the market now. 

Also if you're wanting to use the phone for the next 2-3 years, iPhones usually have vastly superior OS support and updates for much longer. They finally phased out the 6/6 Plus with iOS 13 (they only run up to 12) and those are from 5 years ago. 

A lot of social media apps prefer iOS, though that may have changed since I was looking into it a year or so back. 

Also Apple's LCDs are on par with the majority of OLEDs in general use. They're very, very good panels from Samsung (who also makes Apple's OLEDs IIRC), the new ones with true tone and such aren't noticeably worse than an OLED. Even my 6 Plus is only slightly less "poppy" with the colors than my iPhone X (which is an OLED), newer phones with LCDs are much better. AFAIK LCDs also can't burn in like OLEDs can. 

^ Basically this. You're flat out ignoring facts about iPhones in order to make an OP look better. If you want a OnePlus, get a OnePlus lol. No one fucking cares, and if they do then why would their opinion on what phone you want matter? You're gonna be using it, get the one you want. I looked at the OP 5T back when I was getting my iPhone X, decided I'd rather have iOS so that's why I went with it. I don't need to try and make the OP 5T look bad in order to justify my choice. 

Well, when you get a budget apple

you can't expect it not to break after 5 Falls or so from a pocket. also, like the OnePlus the XR has a glass body.

5 hours ago, SnowTech said:

Well, when you get a budget apple

you can't expect it not to break after 5 Falls or so from a pocket. also, like the OnePlus the XR has a glass body.

The Xr has also been proven to be pretty durable for a glass phone, don't let your bias cloud your judgement. What might be great for you might be trash for someone else, try and be objective about things

3 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

If you tend to drop phones a lot, I don't know whether I would go for a such expensive phone ?

Just buy a decent case and you'll be fine