OnePlus 7 vs iPhone xr !

In my country the difference between OnePlus 7 and iPhone xr (renewed) is $120 and (new) $237

Once I used iPhone 5c and then I switched to Android. But now I want to switch from snapdragon 660 (asus max pro M2) 

Which one should I pick considering the price. If I want to buy iPhone (new) I've to wait 3/4 months more. So should I wait or buy OP7 ? 

• Note: My main priority is performance/ speed. I don't think display would be a big deal for me. iMessage is not important. 

images (1).jpeg

Both phones are great. The OnePlus 7 is newer. Choose the one that has the best OS for you. As an iOS guy, the choice would be easy for me.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

3 minutes ago, bruny06 said:

Both phones are great. The OnePlus 7 is newer. Choose the one that has the best OS for you. As an iOS guy, the choice would be easy for me.

In my country xr is so expensive ! That is the big issue. 

However, thanks !  

40 minutes ago, Didarul Hossain Rafi said:

In my country xr is so expensive ! That is the big issue. 

However, thanks !  

OnePlus 7 has a better screen (resolution, OLED vs IPS), a better quality camera with more features and a larger battery. Especially that it's cheaper, it's a clear choice IMO, unless you've heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

iPhone XR because iOS > Android

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I like android more, but I guess I would rather spend money on something else besides a phone but that's my opinion... you do you

7 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

OnePlus 7 has a better screen (resolution, OLED vs IPS), a better quality camera with more features and a larger battery. Especially that it's cheaper, it's a clear choice IMO, unless you've heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem.

I don't care about the apple eco system. I just want a better phone with speed and great performance ! 

7 hours ago, ChunkyPanda03 said:

I like android more, but I guess I would rather spend money on something else besides a phone but that's my opinion... you do you

Thanks for your opinion ! 

Get the iPhone, if you want iOS, 

get the Oneplus if you want Android.

It's that Simple. ^^

2 different OS = 2 different Products. You can NOT compare them.

But i would not get the Oneplus 7, because it has only 60 Hz. Get the Oneplus 7T, with 90 Hz and a better Vibration Motor.

12 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Get the iPhone, if you want iOS, 

get the Oneplus if you want Android.

It's that Simple. ^^

2 different OS = 2 different Products. You can NOT compare them.

But i would not get the Oneplus 7, because it has only 60 Hz. Get the Oneplus 7T, with 90 Hz and a better Vibration Motor.

It would cost $160 more ! 

So only option OP7 :(

Too bad :/ Then... Whatever OS you prefer, because that will be the biggest difference there. ^^

Both are one of the best Flaggship Phones right now, so you shouldn't regret either.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, Didarul Hossain Rafi said:

Which one should I pick considering the price. If I want to buy iPhone (new) I've to wait 3/4 months more. So should I wait or buy OP7 ? 

•  

Currently I have an iPhone XR, prevously I had a OnePlus 3T. 

The XR is nice, I got the red model. I feel the screen looks nice. iOS is definatly diffrent than Android and will take a bit to get used to. While there seems to be less customization on iOS, it still a nice OS. I think Apple gives 5 years worth of updates on their devices. iTunes works great, im hooked in to my sisters Apple music sub. Apps feel more polished on the iOS side as well. The only negitive I have, is I cant find a decent WiFi analyzer app. 

OnePlus does have nice devices. The 3T caught my attnetion due to the $450 price point. However, it had nice features. The finger print reader was nice. The phone was snappy. Oxygen OS is the best implemenation of Andoird I have seen. It seemed to not have a lot of bloatware. OnePlus was provding security updates like monthly. I got at least 2 OS updates. But the thing about Android is you dont know how long they will update the device for. The reason I upgraded to an iPhone is I started having some software problems with the OnePlus device, AND Android AUTO is shit. While Im not going to say Apple Car Play is without issues, it well FUCKING WORKS. Android Auto would go AWOL without notice when I was using it for GPS. 

To me it comes down to the eco system. I myself  am not stuck on Google or Apple. I decided to try the iPhone this time around to see what all the fuss is about. Personally I could change back to Android the next time. However I do like my iPhone, and due to the fact I left the Windows ecosystem, I could in the future buy a mac or ipad and the intergration between those and the phone would be nice.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

personally i dont mind the iphone, ive used iphone 6s before, not bad, although i am generally an android guy.

but when it comes to tablet, android fucking suck a bag of dicks, nothing even come close to ipad nowadays......

that being said, when it comes to pc, mac suck a bag of dicks if you care about performance or gaming at all......fuck apple laptops.

for phone i am actually pretty neutral about ios vs android, but in this particular case, id prefer oneplus 7, get the oneplus 7 pro if you can imo, better hardware than 7, no ugly notch (fuck you apple), top notch performance and excellent screen, 90hz screen should be considered base line for flagship devices nowadays honestly....its 2019 ffs.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:56 PM, Morgan MLGman said:

Pardon replying to this days later, but I have to call this out on a couple of points.

First: the OnePlus 7 absolutely does not have a better camera.  You have more flexibility, but the iPhone XR will tap dance all over the OP7 in terms of image quality.  Better dynamic range, better low-light handling... you get the idea.

Also, battery size isn't what matters, it's actual battery life -- and the iPhone XR lasts a very long time.

Resolution and price are definitely things @Didarul Hossain Rafi needs to consider, but I would actually consider the iPhone XR the better-balanced phone if he can afford the extra money.  Certainly if he wants OS updates for more than a couple of years.

4 hours ago, Commodus said:

Pardon replying to this days later, but I have to call this out on a couple of points.

First: the OnePlus 7 absolutely does not have a better camera.  You have more flexibility, but the iPhone XR will tap dance all over the OP7 in terms of image quality.  Better dynamic range, better low-light handling... you get the idea.

Also, battery size isn't what matters, it's actual battery life -- and the iPhone XR lasts a very long time.

Resolution and price are definitely things @Didarul Hossain Rafi needs to consider, but I would actually consider the iPhone XR the better-balanced phone if he can afford the extra money.  Certainly if he wants OS updates for more than a couple of years.

yeah i should probably mentioned this earlier. Its almost universally agreed that iphone got a better camera, but maybe its because of the better screen i always find it a lot more pleasing on OP7 pro. Afterall most people wont upload the pic to their pc and edit it, people usually send and view their photos on phones anyways, that probably played a big part why i said OP7 pro had "better camera" sorry about the confusion.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:32 PM, Commodus said:

Battery life is important, but you didn't say that the XR lasts longer, you said it lasts "a very long time". That's kind of a crappy answer honestly when talking about comparing two phones :P

About the camera, I'd still say that the OnePlus 7 has a better one. It has a 48MP sensor that according to reviews is superior to the one on the XR. At least that's what DXomark claims.

Also - even IF those things were actually better on the XR, consider the price difference OP mentions in his region.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I guess new is better than renewed. So I would recommend OnePlus 7. But don't get me wrong, iPhone xr is a really great phone but if I were you, I would buy a new phone than a renewed one anyday.

Hello everyone, 

This Dec I'm gonna buy either OnePlus 7pro or iPhone xr. Which one should I buy? 

** I would like to use the phone for next 2-3 years**

** I am very heavy user **

** I do a lot of texting and social media ** 

** Phone has to be durable as I have a bad habit of dropping phone a lot ** 

I heard from my friend OP has low brightness and not durable, on the other hand iPhone has LCD display ? 

Previously I thought of buying either OnePlus 7 or iPhone xr, but I change my mind, now it's OP7pro vs iPhone xr. 

images (1).jpeg

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro, and don't personally think the screen has a low brightness, or that the phone is not durable.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

I believe the battery in the OnePlus 7 pro is a larger mAH, but that's not to say software won't let apples have power longer.

The Xiaomi Mi 9 is also a really great phone for the money. :/

3 minutes ago, Devryd said:

why dont you go for the 7t instead of the 7 pro?

I don't like that circle on the back. 

5 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

I believe the battery in the OnePlus 7 pro is a larger mAH, but that's not to say software won't let apples have power longer.

The Xiaomi Mi 9 is also a really great phone for the money. :/

I want to try oxyzen os/ ios