[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

6 hours ago, Tim Serious said:

What is this ATX12VO (12 volt only) standard does it affect desktop pc's ??

Saw the new seasonic power supply on linus's YouTube.

the new seasonic connect wasn't a "true" 12vo yet. and for the coming future, there would need to be some good changes in motherboards first before we would see 12vo used in the consumer market

This list is pretty neat

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650

Just now, LinusShitpostTips said:

which one is recommended Enermax Revolution D.F or Super Flower Platinum King?

what system? for how much goes each? how much wattage were you planning on?

2 hours ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

which one is recommended Enermax Revolution D.F or Super Flower Platinum King?

Yes.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

I see Chieftec Chieftronic Powerplay 550w have good efficiency and low ripple lower then Bitfenix cost is the same 90€ as Chieftec is full modular. If that review is legit I can't find any better review. Seems it's made by CWT
https://lab501.ro/carcase-surse/review-chieftronic-powerplay-850w-gpu-850fc/4

Sennheiser HD 598

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

3 minutes ago, LukaTCE said:

I see Chieftec Chieftronic Powerplay 550w have good efficiency and low ripple lower then Bitfenix cost is the same 90€ as Chieftec is full modular. If that review is legit I can't find any better review. Seems it's made by CWT

there are a couple more in our source sheet, but indeed it's some kind of a CWT GPU variation, by the looks of it.

Powerplay GPU

P1100499.JPG

Thermaltake GF1

missing-image.svg

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

there are a couple more in our source sheet, but indeed it's some kind of a CWT GPU variation, by the looks of it.

It seems that this specific platform are called GPR but it's indeed looks to be very close to GPU which Bitfenix Whisper are based on too.

@LukaTCE It's a good unit so basically you choose between 2 years longer warranty with Bitfenix Formula or full modularity with Chieftec Powerplay.

17 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Yes, those are GPR.

CWT has too many platforms at this point... i can't keep track of them all

On 10/23/2019 at 2:15 PM, LukeSavenije said:
  • Segotep GP-P Gold / Platinum - GP-G Gold / Titanium
  •  

Is this really Tier A??? They go for 65U$D in my country.

Interesting. The PSUs recommended in many budget ($500 and below) build guides (even those from LTT themselves) are almost always a tier or two below if we base off this list.

36 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

Interesting. The PSUs recommended in many budget ($500 and below) build guides (even those from LTT themselves) are almost always a tier or two below if we base off this list.

That's why this list is much more reliable than anything in the internet imho.

46 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

That's one of the reasons why Youtube build guides are rarely acceptable: They skimp on the PSU far more than would be expected and/or comfortable.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

Tier B suitable for a R5 3600+RTX 2060 system?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, juanme555 said:

500\600W Segotep GP-G\GP-P use same platform as in Enermax Platimax D.F. <=750W with somewhat downgraded caps (Taiwanese\Japanese on main depending on version, but Taiwanese on secondary in both versions). Info on the fans are limited, both have models with same model numbers but different rotor and the bearing used is unclear, the only info i found are from Aliexpress listing where they claim hydraulic bearing. So overall it should be decent choice, lower-end Tier A (because of mixed caps and unclear bearing), better than tier B+.

(reviews are useless other than for internal shots)

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mygarage.ro%2Fteste-si-review-uri%2F394451-review-sursa-segotep-gp600p-80-platinum-500w.html

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Flab501.ro%2Fcarcase-surse%2Freview-segotep-gp600g-500w%2F3

21 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

If you're buying PSU for change then yep, they'll do.

"<3% 12v voltage regulation" ? It definitely should be <1% for tier S and A for 12V. By the way when you plan to better separate or sort the most recommended units in different tiers from those that are little known and barely meet the requirements of a given tier? It really looks so bad when in one tier we have for example Seasonic Prime, Asus Thor or Corsair AX side by side with brands like Segotep,Vinga,Zebtronics etc. that most people hear about for the first time xD.

50 minutes ago, Kaygooo said:

"<3% 12v voltage regulation" ? It definitely should be <1% for tier S and A for 12V.

Did you see any reviews even ? There's very few PSUs that qualify for <1% load reg under all conditions on 12V rail, and even Seasonic isn't one of them okay, PRIME are one of them. Not that it matters that much, it would probably worth to limit it to smth like 2% but 3% already looks good enough IMO. Ripple are much more important at this point.

50 minutes ago, Kaygooo said:

Seasonic Prime, Asus Thor or Corsair AX side by side with brands like Segotep,Vinga,Zebtronics etc. that most people hear about for the first time xD.

This is exactly what this tier list are trying to address, recommending people units that are good but cheap and might not be known as well as big brands. Speaking of Vinga, they're SAMA OEM, same-ish platform as in SPC Supremo PSUs which are good enough. And Segotep <700W are same platform as in Enermax Platimax D.F 700W. Zebronics will be removed shortly, we indeed don't have confirmation on the platform (we assumed it's SAMA too but it's unclear).

And speaking of means to separate them, if you can suggest anything that would be good, otherwise i don't see anything really we can do other than voltage regulation and ripple limits and no sleeve bearing in tier A, probably also no Chinese caps but we haven't decided on this yet as it's not clear.

On 3/16/2020 at 5:01 PM, LukeSavenije said:

what system? for how much goes each? how much wattage were you planning on?

computer system, idk what do you mean by how much goes each

estimated wattage is around 330 watt, ryzen 2600 and 5600XT

2 minutes ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

computer system, idk what do you mean by how much goes each

what prices both cost

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

what prices both cost

both priced at almost the same price in my country, the super flower platinum king is about 5$ cheaper

i have psu shroud, do i still need modular shit?

Just now, LinusShitpostTips said:

both priced at almost the same price in my country, the super flower platinum king is about 5$ cheaper

both are good PSUs, it's just likely that the platinum king is old stock

with that said... revolution df starts at 650w... why aren't you looking at 450-550w?

2 minutes ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

i have psu shroud, do i still need modular shit?

you never need it, it's just a comfort thing. but in this case the worst that can happen is that you have to manage away 2-3 cables when it's non-modular