[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

6 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

Wasn't this at like tier d some time ago now it's A tier .... What changed ?

1. We reconsidered out methodology, the issue are still there but it were on 125% overload and it's no longer contributes to tiering.

2. It's older revisions (like 3 years old i think already) had issues with GPU shutdowns (that's why it's in tier A-, there are still a possibility that you'll get old FX v1), they should be long fixed by now assuming you get new stock.

3. We have confirmation from Antec support that newer batches are actually Focus GX which doesn't have neither issues.

4. This GPU isn't particularly high-transient so it would've been good even with old Focus FX v1.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 hour ago, Juular said:

I would recommend Antec HCG at least then.

What about Antec earthwatts pro gold (eag pro)

11 hours ago, Tim Serious said:

What about Antec earthwatts pro gold (eag pro)

It's practically the same other than it's semi-modular, minor hardware changes and shorter warranty (10 to 7 y). Although we don't have confirmation on it from Antec, but we didn't ask, you can do that yourself.

https://www.tokopedia.com/enterkomputer/enermax-revolution-df-80-gold-650w-erf650awt-psu-650w?trkid=f%3DCa0000L000P0W0S0Sh%2CCo0Po0Fr0Cb0_src%3Dhome_page%3D1_ob%3D32_q%3D_po%3D4_catid%3D306&whid=0

is that product the same thing as this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/n34BD3/enermax-revolution-df-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-erf650awt

The second question is, i'm using mATX, and pcprtpicker says its an ATX psu.

is it okay for me to use it?

38 minutes ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

is that product the same thing as this:

yes

38 minutes ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

is it okay for me to use it?

atx motherboard and the atx psu standard have little to do with each other in that way. as long as your case can fit it, no problem

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yes

atx motherboard and the atx psu standard have little to do with each other in that way. as long as your case can fit it, no problem

ok, thx man

maybe because it can support multi gpu, thats why they labelled it ATX psu?

6 minutes ago, LinusShitpostTips said:

maybe because it can support multi gpu, thats why they labelled it ATX psu?

That's not how it works. mATX is a motherboard form factor which uses an ATX PSU for power.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

1 minute ago, Elisis said:

That's not how it works. mATX is a motherboard form factor which uses an ATX PSU for power.

So mATX motherboard use ATX PSU?

is there any mATX or ITX PSU?

Just now, LinusShitpostTips said:

So mATX motherboard use ATX PSU?

is there any mATX or ITX PSU?

Nope. There are, however, smaller PSUs which use form factors such as SFX or SFX-L, which fit in an ITX case you'l put an ITX motherboard in. These PSUs, however, still use the ATX standard specification.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

4 hours ago, Juular said:

It's practically the same other than it's semi-modular, minor hardware changes and shorter warranty (10 to 7 y). Although we don't have confirmation on it from Antec, vut we didn't ask, you can do that yourself.

So What do i ask them?

6 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

So What do i ask them?

If newer batches of Antec Earthwatts Pro (or NeoEco maybe) are based on Focus GX\GM, i.e don't have issues previous revision, Focus FX\FM had. Thing is even if they will confirm that, there's still some chance that you'll get older stock, you can try to ask retailer maybe, what are manufacturing date of these units, smth from 2019 and up should be newer ones i guess (if Antec will confirm that but it really doesn't make sense for Seasonic to manufacture older revision so they are most likely GX\GM).

10 hours ago, Juular said:

If newer batches of Antec Earthwatts Pro (or NeoEco maybe) are based on Focus GX\GM, i.e don't have issues previous revision, Focus FX\FM had. Thing is even if they will confirm that, there's still some chance that you'll get older stock, you can try to ask retailer maybe, what are manufacturing date of these units, smth from 2019 and up should be newer ones i guess (if Antec will confirm that but it really doesn't make sense for Seasonic to manufacture older revision so they are most likely GX\GM).

Antec "neo eco" gold is discontinued now, not even listed in thier website .... They replaced it with "Neo Eco Zen" which is also gold rated.

5 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

Antec "neo eco" gold is discontinued now, not even listed in thier website .... They replaced it with "Neo Eco Zen" which is also gold rated.

Hmm. Then forget about it, it might be as well not moved to Focus GX then. Ask the Antec support for confirmation that HCG Pro Gold are GX (and possibly from what date it is) and ask retailer what are manufacturing date of the units they sell.

14 minutes ago, Juular said:

Ask the Antec support for confirmation that HCG Pro Gold are GX (and possibly from what date it is) and ask retailer what are manufacturing date of the units they sell.

I'm currently busy with this around Antec and some others... can't exactly say when i have answers

13 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

I'm currently busy with this around Antec and some others... can't exactly say when i have answers

If you can, also ask them about thier new psu line "Neo Eco Zen" and whether they have discontinued thier "Neo Eco Gold" line or not.

42 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

If you can, also ask them about thier new psu line "Neo Eco Zen" and whether they have discontinued thier "Neo Eco Gold" line or not.

It's Andyson, that doesn't put much hopes in it, maybe tier B at most.

Edit: yeah, they don't claim OTP, it's no higher than tier B regardless of platform.

A few months ago, everyone was hating on the Focus PSUs from Seasonic. Now the Focus GX is listed as Tier A. Does that mean it's a new revision that's actually good, or what?

55 minutes ago, maxkool said:

A few months ago, everyone was hating on the Focus PSUs from Seasonic. Now the Focus GX is listed as Tier A. Does that mean it's a new revision that's actually good, or what?

From the looks of it, yes. There are no GPU shutdown issues reported for Focus GX and our methodology were reconsidered to limit performance considerations to 110% overload, not 125% where Focus showed excess ripple in that one review. Focus FX and derived units are still detiered tiered to A- because there are slight possibility that users will receive V1 version of it which has GPU shutdown issues, but Focus GX are fine.

18 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Hello

May i ask why the CX was not moved down to the category of overload ripple?

7 minutes ago, SexualHealing said:

Hello

For the same reasons why Focus were moved up to tier A-

all issues are found inside light overload (110%) or lower.

11 minutes ago, SexualHealing said:

if we were to detier CX for that, we would have to tier down about the whole PSU market... hence we chose to limit ourself to data up to 110% overload, except with catastrofic faiurures, which didn't occur at the live testing, nor has Ronaldo himself had anything as I spoke with him about it

On 3/4/2020 at 9:26 PM, LukeSavenije said:

again, if cm were to replace people's old versions with RMA, this wouldn't really be a problem

They RMA'd my friends MWE Gold fully-modular in 1 day, and he waited few days to import new one into the country and he sold it and got bequiet! Pure Power 11, but Cooler Master do got great RMA for stuff like PSU's, they'll probably replace it, before MWE Gold he had EVGA G3 which also gave him problems

Interesting fact, although I fully agree with placing vero l2 in tier c because it's a totally budget when it comes to the quality of electronics, in my country (Poland) this psu is recommended by our tech youtubers for computers for often even 4-5k zlotys (1000-1300 $) ?, totally absurd but spc has strong marketing here, for example one of the biggest pc shop in Poland - sorted by popularity.
https://www.morele.net/komputery/podzespoly-komputerowe/zasilacze-61/,,,,,,,sd,1,,,,/1/

1 minute ago, Kaygooo said:

Interesting fact, although I fully agree with placing vero l2 in tier c because it's a totally budget when it comes to the quality of electronics, in my country (Poland) this psu is recommended by our tech youtubers for computers for often even 4-5k zlotys (1000-1300 $) ?, totally absurd but spc has strong marketing here.

Just as Seasonic S12II or most of EVGA units ... Most people have no idea what they're saying, they just think that if brand-name are known for some good PSUs then you can recommend any of their PSUs equally.

5 minutes ago, Juular said:

Just as Seasonic S12II or most of EVGA units ... Most people have no idea what they're saying, they just think that if brand-name are known for some good PSUs then you can recommend any of their PSUs equally.

Yea, true, i remember when people recommended s12ii very much, when even then there were much better units on market for similiar money. The same about spc in my region, even though we have practically all models of most manufacturers available in stores.