[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

may i know the mwe v2 ripple issue fixed yet? what what issue is that

3 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Cooler Master just released their PSU compatibility list.
image.png.83ceca32d30eb71ff112cc0a2c82c9da.png

15 hours ago, Ankerson said:

There are a lot of limitations over there in China which we can't get into here. 

I'm aware. Before COVID I used to travel to China four to six times a year.

Spoiler

my rig 

9100f

8gb ram

grx 1650 super

ssd 256gb

hdd 1tb

which psu to choose? i attached the psu list which available in my local store, budget is around 300

IMG_20201030_044111.jpg

42 minutes ago, Mrguguzai03 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

my rig 

9100f

8gb ram

grx 1650 super

ssd 256gb

hdd 1tb

which psu to choose? i attached the psu list which available in my local store, budget is around 300

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Hello, everyone. 
I was doing some reading on the RM 2019 series and found a thread on this very same forum where someone said the following:

"The RM is a stripped down, cheapened up variant that's marginally inferior in quality terms to the TXM and is more on the lines with the latest CX version and is nowhere near close the true RMx."

Exactly how true is this statement? 

Thank you for your time.

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Harrow said:

Hello, everyone. 
I was doing some reading on the RM 2019 series and found a thread on this very same forum where someone said the following:

"The RM is a stripped down, cheapened up variant that's marginally inferior in quality terms to the TXM and is more on the lines with the latest CX version and is nowhere near close the true RMx."

Exactly how true is this statement? 

Thank you for your time.

Why are you posting this here instead of in your original thread?

Just now, jonnyGURU said:

Why are you posting this here instead of in your original thread?

Sincerest apologies.

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOL!

Is this cos a list is needed, or is this cos the list has surprising entries? :P

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Hello, I'm looking to buy a new PSU to replace my 8 year old one. I'm looking at the SILENTIUMPC Supremo FM2, which is on the A tier. However, I was wondering whether this psu has OTP (Over Temperature Protection)?

On 10/13/2020 at 9:33 PM, GoldenLag said:

Superposition seems to be a load to enduce tripping. 

Well I just got my iGame GeForce RTX 3080 Ultra OC 10G-V (3 x 8pin) and so far no benchmark I have thrown at it has caused any crashes, even with the OC BIOS.  CoolerMaster v650, with 1x8 Pin from PSU, and another 1x 6+2/6+2 Y splitter powering the GPU.  Full specs on my profile.

3 hours ago, Chalken said:

Hello, I'm looking to buy a new PSU to replace my 8 year old one. I'm looking at the SILENTIUMPC Supremo FM2, which is on the A tier. However, I was wondering whether this psu has OTP (Over Temperature Protection)?

yes it has. anything above Tier B has functioning OTP. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

yes it has. anything above Tier B has functioning OTP. 

OK, thanks.

11 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Is this cos a list is needed, or is this cos the list has surprising entries? :P

Because they went through the trouble of making a list.  But it's clever marketing.

I just bought this thermaltake toughpower GX1 500w 80+gold, i didnt see this psu in the list, can anyone tell me which tier is this?

71U+IlK+9jL._AC_SL1432_.jpg

1 hour ago, MrGuGuZai said:

I just bought this thermaltake toughpower GX1 500w 80+gold, i didnt see this psu in the list, can anyone tell me which tier is this?

If you'd Ctrl+F GX1, you would see it's in Tier C

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

ctrl+g is your friend

it's tier C

9 hours ago, MrBrightSyde said:

If you'd Ctrl+F GX1, you would see it's in Tier C

but the one in list is RGB version, i wonder if they are the same?

1 hour ago, Mrguguzai03 said:

but the one in list is RGB version, i wonder if they are the same?

they are the same thing, just one has an RGB fan instead, which is why the RGB is in parentheses. It's the same thing with the Toughpower GF1, with two editions. One with a normal fan and the other ARGB, but internals are exactly the same. And if it wasn't the same internally, there would've been something to separate the versions on the list.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

7 hours ago, MrBrightSyde said:

they are the same thing, just one has an RGB fan instead, which is why the RGB is in parentheses.

Not really, they're based on different platforms by different OEMs but they belong in the same tier.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Is the list updated for OCP issues regarding Ampere cards?

Nevermind, missed some notes and have my answer!

Thanks for the list!

Zen 2 3700X

2080 Super FTW3 Ultra

2x16GB 3200mhz

Acer 27" XB1

Seasonic Focus + Gold FX-650W

Quick question - you've got the Gamdias Kratos P1 G on Tier C here in the list, unrated on the spreadsheet (but the Andyson H6 Tier B), and it's currently the cheapest Tier A per your PCPP parametric filter. Which one would be accurate? Living in a market with small selection and this one had a killer price for the 650W. 

14 hours ago, Juular said:

Not really, they're based on different platforms by different OEMs but they belong in the same tier.

source ?

Can PSU units in Tier B with golden text be considered Tier A?

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

source ?

In the spreadsheet ...

7 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

No, obviously.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

9 hours ago, IAEInferno said:

If they could, then would have been in Tier A :P