[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

25 minutes ago, Juular said:

Get Formula then, it's a very good PSU, there are more reviews on it than on all PSUs based on platform behind SPC Supremo, and it's very quiet, it can't get much quieter than that.

But its non-modular... I will look if i can fit it in with the extra cables when my new case arrives.

Is there a good reason to not use my old PSU(Enermax Revolution 85+ 1020 80 Silver) until I get the new one?

11 minutes ago, LuisS said:

But its non-modular... I will look if i can fit it in with the extra cables when my new case arrives.

Is there a good reason to not use my old PSU(Enermax Revolution 85+ 1020 80 Silver) until I get the new one?

It looks like a decent unit actually, not what i would've recommended to long term usage singe it's very old but for temporary use it's fine.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

5 hours ago, LuisS said:

Basically from any retailer that ships to me (Germany) mainly Amazon(DE), Mindfactory(DE) and HardwareRat(DE). But i would buy from every trustworthy seller that ships to me.

https://geizhals.de/fractal-design-ion-560p-560w-platinum-fd-psu-ionp-560p-bk-a2108453.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

? :) twelve years warranty, platinum efficiency.

Super Flower Leadex III Gold 550w

https://geizhals.de/super-flower-leadex-iii-gold-schwarz-550w-atx-sf-550f14hg-a2084834.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

Focus GX ~ 83eur

https://geizhals.de/seasonic-focus-gx-550w-atx-2-4-focus-gx-550-a2119946.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

Seasonic Core GM 650w from 75 EUR

https://geizhals.de/seasonic-core-gm-650w-atx-2-4-ssr-650lm-core-gm-650-a2123561.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

just a few nice options.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

24 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I just see 10, but interesting a platinum PSU for 110 Euro.

But I think im going to buy the Bit Fenix Formula 80 Plus Gold 650W, its 10mm shorter than most PSUs so I have a bit more room to store the cables that I don’t need.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:03 PM, semiramist said:

I took the risk and bought Performance GD from that seller. Thanks for your help.

hello fellow Turkish friend, i've also bought high power performance gd (i was the one who actually introduced it to here, thanks to the Juular and some other cool people, they managed to match it with chieftec polaris model, which they deem good enough quality for midrange systems)

i've been using it for about 2 months with a 2700x and a gtx 1080, no issues so far

only possible concerns are probably its low warranty period (2 years or 3 years at best, mine is 2 years thanks to teknobiyotik)

and its fans are sleeve beared, which means they can have shorter life span compared to other more better built fans (i think double ball bearing or smth like that).

but i think if the fan fails, psu have overtemp protection so you would probably know. and it is said that it is fairly easy to change the fan so... i took the risk as well in that case 

so far, so good. i hope fan doesn't fail on me though, it wouldn't be a very pleasant experience

i'm also torn between to put or not to put a dust filter beneath the psu. potentially, dust filter will limit the airflow so the fan will have to work faster, and possibly run out of its live quicker. but if i dont use dust filter, since my computer is on the ground and it tends to be a dust magnet, the psu will be full of dust probably.

so dont know which way i would follow, i think maybe juular can give some insight on this topic to whether I should use dust filter or not for my psu, which one would bring more harm to the psu_?

4 minutes ago, viceice said:

and its fans are sleeve beared

That's confirmed ? You have it on the box or smth ?

Dust filter wouldn't harm anything, most high-end cases have them preinstalled anyway.

31 minutes ago, Juular said:

That's confirmed ? You have it on the box or smth ?

Dust filter wouldn't harm anything, most high-end cases have them preinstalled anyway.

I actually made an assumption, cant say its for sure, i guess the tag "f12s" on the model could point out that its a 12 centimeter, "s"leeve bearing?

there is no way i can deduct its bearing type without pulling it sticker on its fan i guess? 

thanks for insight, im holding onto my dust filter then 😛 less dust is better i guess

3 minutes ago, viceice said:

i guess the tag "f12s" on the model could point out that its a 12 centimeter, "s"leeve bearing?

Not necessarily but we haven't seen a shot of it's insides, neither i'm 100% sure if Chieftec Polaris fan is a sleeve, it could be a rifle.

4 minutes ago, viceice said:

there is no way i can deduct its bearing type without pulling it sticker on its fan i guess?

Yeah but i thought that there may be smth on the box about it's fan because otherwise there are very limited information on this SKU online.

13 minutes ago, Juular said:

Not necessarily but we haven't seen a shot of it's insides, neither i'm 100% sure if Chieftec Polaris fan is a sleeve, it could be a rifle.

Yeah but i thought that there may be smth on the box about it's fan because otherwise there are very limited information on this SKU online.

but again, since its cheap, its probably sleeve bearing :( theres gotta be some "negative" points for it to be this cheap, or maybe its my skewed point of view, possibly

i mean, if it were to have a dual ball bearing or rifle bearing fan, i think you said it would put it at tier a tor tier a-, no? :D and since tier A psus are usually pricing between 900-1300 Turkish liras, these PSUs really do stand out 560 TL for 600w model, and 700 TL for 750w model. of couurse being modular probably have its cost probably, and thats surely a negative point i can be more okay

since you guys redeemed it with its quality ; i've suggested to alot of people. these units are being sold at the the same pr ice for a corsair vs 650 (grey), which costs about 550-600 tl range. and current price of hp performance gd 600w is 567 tl to be exact.

so it was a good addition to our PSU suggestion lists in our local forums. sadly, many people cannot take the freedom of spending 900+ turkish liras on more expensive PSUs such as xpg arc reactor :( again, i do suggest them those higher end PSUs but at least thanks to this budget model, they can stay way from models such as hydro 700 and corsair vs650 

did I mention that my friend bought cooler master masterwatt lite 600w over this model for about almost the same price?

or do yu remember the guy i asked you abouıt? the one with corsair mwe bronze 700w and you said its ripples are bad? that psu costed him 650 TLs... but their point of view was askewed (maybe like me) and they rebuked me that they wouldnt buy a 600w psu over 700w psu... sadly...

--

i dont know if any high power represantatives here but i m very glad for them to create a budget psu that is okay and can be very affordoble for countries like us. thankx you alot, and again, thax you psu master people too

On 5/2/2020 at 2:29 AM, Juular said:

What did you order ? And what's your GPU ?

I would say so, they're just not as detailed as ones by Aris.

Not sure what you're asking here, as in you want to certify your PSU or what ? In this case you better off contacting Cybenetics directly.

Sorry for the really late reply. Allow me to rephrase my question completely: What exactly is the whole point of the Cybernetics website? 

whats the point of the 80+ site?

It gives certificates for the quality and the noise of a psu. They are not mandatory but it helps the consumers choose a good psu so fair psu brands use them

2 hours ago, grmaster said:

whats the point of the 80+ site?

showing efficiency, that's all what Plugload technically tests with it

Hello gentlemen, I am here to ask you: where would the Zalman LX series be on the list if it was included?

17 minutes ago, Enover5 said:

Hello gentlemen, I am here to ask you: where would the Zalman LX series be on the list if it was included?

Probably C, definitely B or (more likely) lower. But Im not an expert.

38 minutes ago, Enover5 said:

700W - tier B, other wattages - tier C.

36 minutes ago, Juular said:

700W - tier B, other wattages - tier C.

Great, thanks a lot.

I thought my hunt for weird unknown PSUs was over, but not at all. Oh no.

Would you know if the Tacens Radix VII AG is any good?

Some random italian youtube channel claims it is made by FSP, but they do have D Tier PSUs in this list, so they don't always deliver I guess.

It should be noted that is is 80+ Silver-rated though

7 minutes ago, Enover5 said:

but they do have D Tier PSUs in this list

as well as tier c, b, b+, a and a+

do you have a link to that video, by any chance?

49 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

as well as tier c, b, b+, a and a+

do you have a link to that video, by any chance?

The mention of FSP having D-tier products in their lineup was solely to show that the FSP branding isn't an automatic factor of undisputable quality.

And yes, I do have the link, since the PSU is so unknown there only are a limited number of reviews, mainly in Spanish (since the brand's based there), but only one is in italian as far as I am aware of.

1 hour ago, Enover5 said:

Tacens Radix VII AG is any good?

Group regulated Andyson, smth along the lines of Aerocool KCAS basically, tier D.

28 minutes ago, Juular said:

Group regulated Andyson, smth along the lines of Aerocool KCAS basically, tier D.

Alright, thanks for the help!

How's the Super Flower Silver Eco 600W?

I cannot seem to find any unit review on the Internet.

In case you guys forgot to reply, still waiting on what you think is wrong with this tier list. @Austinham @lukasprime

6 hours ago, vformula00 said:

How's the Super Flower Silver Eco 600W?

I cannot seem to find any unit review on the Internet.

http://www.coolenjoy.net/bbs/review/559926?spread=1

http://www.coolenjoy.net/bbs/review/552523?spread=1

http://playwares.com/pcreview/56068557#

http://playwares.com/pcreview/56022857#

Looks weird, it's probably not Super Flower OEM. Double forward (unless that yellow rectangular thing where transient filter is supposed to start is resonance inductor and not an X cap) + DC-DC. Voltage regulation and ripple look good but i don't have much faith in those reviwers. Sleeve bearing fan and as far as i can tell OTP isn't claimed so tier B.

Edit: and it's already there actually

On 5/7/2020 at 12:30 AM, viceice said:

hello fellow Turkish friend, i've also bought high power performance gd (i was the one who actually introduced it to here, thanks to the Juular and some other cool people, they managed to match it with chieftec polaris model, which they deem good enough quality for midrange systems)

i've been using it for about 2 months with a 2700x and a gtx 1080, no issues so far

only possible concerns are probably its low warranty period (2 years or 3 years at best, mine is 2 years thanks to teknobiyotik)

and its fans are sleeve beared, which means they can have shorter life span compared to other more better built fans (i think double ball bearing or smth like that).

but i think if the fan fails, psu have overtemp protection so you would probably know. and it is said that it is fairly easy to change the fan so... i took the risk as well in that case 

so far, so good. i hope fan doesn't fail on me though, it wouldn't be a very pleasant experience

i'm also torn between to put or not to put a dust filter beneath the psu. potentially, dust filter will limit the airflow so the fan will have to work faster, and possibly run out of its live quicker. but if i dont use dust filter, since my computer is on the ground and it tends to be a dust magnet, the psu will be full of dust probably.

so dont know which way i would follow, i think maybe juular can give some insight on this topic to whether I should use dust filter or not for my psu, which one would bring more harm to the psu_?

Hello buddy, thanks for your reply.
I just got my Performance GD but I didn't have opportunity use it yet. To be honest, I don't care about warranty, I haven't use my warranty at all in my whole life. So it is not a down side for me.

If fans would die after 2 years, I am okay with changing the fans since there is no warranty. Protection and stability is most important parameter for me instead of longevity. Probably, it will last long though.