[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Shouldn't Riotoro G2 position be temporary as with all other Seasonic Focus GX based units as there were no overload ripple testing yet ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

7 minutes ago, Juular said:

Shouldn't Riotoro G2 position be temporary as with all other Seasonic Focus GX based units as there were no overload ripple testing yet ?

no

it's fx based, but with a 109% opp

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

no

it's fx based, but with a 109% opp

I would prefer it to be tier b with midrange setups because of the low opp which may not be ideal with high end gpu spikes , specially with 550w and 650w variants 

CPU:  i7 9700K / CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4/Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi/ RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB  DDR4

GPU:  ASUS ROG STRIX  RTX 2070 SSD:  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe / HDD:  3TB WD 30EZRX

PC Case:  CM H500P Mesh White / PSU: Corsair RM850i -850w Gold  /Monitor :LG CX 55 + S27B970D

DAC: Audioengine D1 /Speakers : Focal Bird 2.1 /Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380Pro / B&W PX

PC Part Picker

1 hour ago, Juular said:

tier B+ with a note maybe ?

so i should tier down focus px, part of whisper, part of formula and such all down just because the opp is set low?

except if there come reports to me of shutting down early, i don't see why i should move it right now

Is there old and new version of the Seasonic PX? I saw one with the 10 years warranty on top of the box and one that doesn't have it. The one I received doesn't have it. Is it old? Is it new? Or is it just the box?

2 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Is there old and new version of the Seasonic PX? I saw one with the 10 years warranty on top of the box and one that doesn't have it. The one I received doesn't have it. Is it old? Is it new? Or is it just the box?

do you have a picture for me of the psu itself? there's a visible difference between the two

new:

Image result for seasonic focus px

old:

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

do you have a picture for me of the psu itself? there's a visible difference between the two

new:

old:

I still haven't opened it yet. How many years are the gap between the two? Do they have big difference?

I got the old version.

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

new:

old:

Did I fck up?

9 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

I still haven't opened it yet. How many years are the gap between the two? Do they have big difference?

I got the old version.

the difference is 2 years on debute, the new came out in 2019, the other in 2017

what system are you powering with it? it's mostly due to a situation occurring at 120% overload, not at normal ones

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the difference is 2 years on debute, the new came out in 2019, the other in 2017

what system are you powering with it? it's mostly due to a situation occurring at 120% overload, not at normal ones

Ryzen 7 3700X  B450ITX 16GB Ram RTX 2060

2 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Ryzen 7 3700X  B450ITX 16GB Ram RTX 2060

and what wattage? the 550w?

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

and what wattage? the 550w?

I was choosing between the Corsair CX650 and the Gigabyte G750H but decided to spend a little bit more for the Seaaonic  650PX since it's Tier A, was that a mistake?

Just now, Tenma White said:

I was choosing between the Corsair CX650 and the Gigabyte G750H but decided to spend a little bit more for the Seasonic  650PX, was that a mistake?

it's fine... you won't even come close to the problematic point of 120% wattage, your system just pulls too little

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's fine... you won't even come close to the problematic point of 120% wattage, your system just pulls too little

Oh I see. So the "problem" only shows/happens if My PC components eats a lot of wattage? If so what kind of system specs do you think is required for the problem to show?

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I got the 650PX for $110. Do you think my decision to pick it instead if the CX650($82) and G750H(82) is good?

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

so i should tier down focus px, part of whisper, part of formula and such all down just because the opp is set low?

except if there come reports to me of shutting down early, i don't see why i should move it right now

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-focus-plus-platinum-750-psu,5556-6.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bitfenix-formula-gold-650w-psu,5382-6.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bitfenix-whisper-series-550w-psu,4805-6.html

Non of them have opp set lower than 120%

CPU:  i7 9700K / CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4/Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi/ RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB  DDR4

GPU:  ASUS ROG STRIX  RTX 2070 SSD:  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe / HDD:  3TB WD 30EZRX

PC Case:  CM H500P Mesh White / PSU: Corsair RM850i -850w Gold  /Monitor :LG CX 55 + S27B970D

DAC: Audioengine D1 /Speakers : Focal Bird 2.1 /Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380Pro / B&W PX

PC Part Picker

Hello, i don't know witch psu to get, as it's my first build ever.. And i want it to be perfect. Thing is i would like it to be power efficiency as much posible.. As the pc runs 10-15hrs daily, and efficiency would help.

Was thinking: Be Quiet Straight Power 11, 550W or 650W

PC spec below.

CPU - Ryzen 3600x or 3800X

GPU - Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT

Mobo - X470 or X570

RAM - 2 Sticks (32gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX

Storage - 2tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Fans - 6 (low speed, low noise)

Thanks for help.

PSUs' wattage rating is their output rating, not input rating (so efficiency adds up to the output side to give you the input value) right?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

4 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

PSUs' wattage rating is their output rating, not input rating (so efficiency adds up to the output side to give you the input value) right?

yes the rated psu wattage is the Power Out , the efficiency is how much is it from the power in AC side 

7W4dVwS.png

PC Part Picker

@LukeSavenije

Brand to add to the Tier E ; CoolMax

Was in a pinch once and bought a 450w from this brand at my local CanadaComputers, the unit came DOA, when I went back to CC, they couldn't do anything since the SN on the box VS on the product didn't matched !!! (so even if it worked, there's something sketchy going on!)

I went back home and opened it, the circuit board had traces de-laminating in multiple places ... worst quality ever! Now when I'm in a pinch, I get a used unit from one of the local recycler (they have reputable brands, just either old or used) and then wait for something decent in the mail.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I have noticed something interesting said by one Silverstone representatives here 

https://youtu.be/niQWX1nQtW0?t=73

he says that anything above 500w is exempt from the tariffs !!! and thats why they are releasing 500w+ psu's in the us market  , which does not explain why the prices  of PSU's in the us market has increased significantly after the "Trump Tariffs" although they are 500w + variants

PC Part Picker

2 minutes ago, Mezoxin said:

I have noticed something interesting said by one Silverstone representatives here

jiwonstare.gif

What about the Cooler Master Reactor Gold 750w 80+ Gold, MPY-5501-AFAAG-RE
I found them new on ebay for 90€ in Germany.

It's fully modular, 120mm fan. When I do a google search the MWE Gold full modular comes up.

3 minutes ago, GreY2231 said:

Cooler Master Reactor Gold 750w 80+ Gold, MPY-5501-AFAAG-RE

to my knowledge EOL, so not worth getting