Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Message added by Spotty

Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Mezoxin said:

what are your experiences with renewed corsair psu's that are sold by corsair outlets and fullfiled by amazon 

i haven't really heard what kind of tests they go through first

maybe @jonnyGURU can enlighten me here

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

Posted · Original PosterOP
22 minutes ago, Juular said:

Are Microcenter's branded PowerSpec PSUs in the check list ?

they're not

if you got any info on them, happy to hear

PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

10 minutes ago, seon123 said:

There are other three four models too, Bronze PS-BSM and PS-BF and Gold PS-GFM and PS-GSM.

@OrionFOTL might have some info on them.

According to him, Bronze ones are Sirfa High Power Element Smart. No idea on the Gold PS ones.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

They just test them on a SunMoon and repackage them.

Is that good or bad ? ?

CPU:  i7 9700K / CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4/Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi/ RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB  DDR4

GPU:  ASUS ROG STRIX  RTX 2070 SSD:  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe / HDD:  3TB WD 30EZRX

PC Case:  CM H500P Mesh White / PSU: Corsair RM850i -850w Gold  /Monitor :S27B970D

DAC: Audioengine D1 /Speakers : Focal Bird 2.1 /Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380Pro / B&W PX

PC Part Picker

6 minutes ago, Mezoxin said:

Is that good or bad ? ?

SunMoon is technical equipment that is used for testing if a PSU works, so I would guess the testing is certainly not lacking

@jonnyGURU I wonder if they scrap ones they find to be bad, some issue that is less easy than just replacing some modular cables , or do they attempt to repair?

17 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

SunMoon is technical equipment that is used for testing if a PSU works, so I would guess the testing is certainly not lacking

@jonnyGURU I wonder if they scrap ones they find to be bad, some issue that is less easy than just replacing some modular cables , or do they attempt to repair?

some of them are 70% cheaper than the new ones also on amazon page they say 10 year warranty , should we reccomend them to people ?

lWmVuyV.png

CPU:  i7 9700K / CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4/Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi/ RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB  DDR4

GPU:  ASUS ROG STRIX  RTX 2070 SSD:  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe / HDD:  3TB WD 30EZRX

PC Case:  CM H500P Mesh White / PSU: Corsair RM850i -850w Gold  /Monitor :S27B970D

DAC: Audioengine D1 /Speakers : Focal Bird 2.1 /Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380Pro / B&W PX

PC Part Picker

2 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

They scrap them for any reason.  From scratches to bad fans.  It just takes too many resources to repair a PSU... and then, you really should do Hi-Pot and burn in testing on it after you repair and retest it.  It just a major time suck.

1 hour ago, Mezoxin said:

some of them are 70% cheaper than the new ones also on amazon page they say 10 year warranty , should we reccomend them to people ?

lWmVuyV.png

10 year warranty on refurb product is incorrect.

Have a link to that?

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

They scrap them for any reason.  From scratches to bad fans.  It just takes too many resources to repair a PSU... and then, you really should do Hi-Pot and burn in testing on it after you repair and retest it.  It just a major time suck.

10 year warranty on refurb product is incorrect.

Have a link to that?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RZ2FX5C/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb?tag=linus21-20

PC Part Picker

15 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

haha....  Nice.

would ordering it now make me able to make the 10 year warranty claim with corsair ?

PC Part Picker

I don't think manufacturer are forced to fullfill warranty claims that are put in product description by retailer, that may be simple error, it doesn't work like that. Contact Corsair support and ask if they indeed offer full-length warranty on refurbished PSUs which is doubt.

3 hours ago, Juular said:

I don't think manufacturer are forced to fullfill warranty claims that are put in product description by retailer, that may be simple error, it doesn't work like that. Contact Corsair support and ask if they indeed offer full-length warranty on refurbished PSUs which is doubt.

I live outside the states anyway was just joking , but joking aside you have strong consumer laws in the united states and amazon is the biggest  retailer in the world  if you file a complaint you can actually get something from it  because this is a clear case of consumer fraud if they falsely advertised a 10 year warranty 

PC Part Picker

14 minutes ago, Mezoxin said:

I live outside the states anyway was just joking , but joking aside you have strong consumer laws in the united states and amazon is the biggest  retailer in the world  if you file a complaint you can actually get something from it  because this is a clear case of consumer fraud if they falsely advertised a 10 year warranty 

It's description made by retailer, there's no such information on manufacturer page except maybe somewhere in the depths of warranty policy, and even if it is it's almost certainly not full 10-year warranty. You can't expect PSU manufacturer to fullfill 10 years warranty on the refurbished product just because retailer said so, i pretty sure they've just copied product info from a new product without looking at it, Amazon style.

Just now, Juular said:

It's description made by retailer, there's no such information on manufacturer page except maybe somewhere in the depths of warranty policy, and even if it is it's almost certainly not full 10-year warranty. You can't expect PSU manufacturer to fullfill 10 years warranty on the refurbished product just because retailer said so, i pretty sure they've just copied product info from a new product without looking at it, Amazon style.

i meant taking it up with amazon apecially that this item is fullfilled by amazon  , they cant falsely advertise features that isnt there 

PC Part Picker

1 minute ago, Mezoxin said:

i meant taking it up with amazon apecially that this item is fullfilled by amazon  , they cant falsely advertise features that isnt there 

At best its retailer that would be responsible to replace product outside of 3-months warranty or return the money, this has nothing to do with manufacturer. And even then, Amazon wouldn't lift a finger without legal action, you'll spend more money on the lawyer here.

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

At best its retailer that would be responsible to replace product outside of 3-months warranty or return the money, this has nothing to do with manufacturer. And even then, Amazon wouldn't lift a finger without legal action, you'll spend more money on the lawyer here.

yeah probably more than the 200$ youwill save on this psu ?

PC Part Picker

I mean it's good choice if you have some really budget build with used high-power draw GPU that wouldn't lift up with PSU you can get for 50$ new. Otherwise, losing 10 years warranty for saving 30$ aren't a good choice.

17 minutes ago, Juular said:

I mean it's good choice if you have some really budget build with used high-power draw GPU that wouldn't lift up with PSU you can get for 50$ new. Otherwise, losing 10 years warranty for saving 30$ aren't a good choice.

the new rmi 650 retails for 170$ on amazon and the renewed is for 50$ , you are saving 120$ not 30$ , and most faliures behaviors go by what is known in reliability engineering as the bathtub curve 

Fy6jrF2.png

so the 3 months amazon return policy should be suffiecient to show most manufactering defects ater that the probability of faliure goes down to a very low level comparitively and should reach the 10 year period without problems since it is already engineered to do so , 

If you buy it and stress test it in the first three months and it was problem free  then by statistical inference and probability theory you have a very good chance it would last you a very long time even longer than any other new psu in this 50$ category like the CX or VS that are engineered for a working period of 5 years 

PC Part Picker

2 hours ago, Mezoxin said:

the new rmi 650 retails for 170$ on amazon and the renewed is for 50$ , you are saving 120$ not 30$

You're saving 30$ over equally good unit of comparable wattage, not over Corsair RMi of course, smth like Corsair RMx (when they were cheaper), Seasonic Focus GX, Bitfenix Formula Gold etc. Which will have full-length, 10 years warranty.

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

You're saving 30$ over equally good unit of comparable wattage, not over Corsair RMi of course, smth like Corsair RMx (when they were cheaper), Seasonic Focus FX, Bitfenix Formula Gold etc. Which will have full-length, 10 years warranty.

i dont know what happened with the prices of PSU's in the US market but all the products you said with 650w sell for at least 110$ now the bitfenix formula gold is almost nonexistant at US online retailers and its last price was around 119$

PC Part Picker