Building the ULTIMATE Minecraft Server - Part 1

jakkuh_t
48 minutes ago, cmlg2 said:

Wouldn't be better if they put dual 3900x or 3950x? Or Minecraft doesn't use many cores?

Minecraft only utilizes one core in that case - therefore the choice of the 9900K. Been using it myself across 3 dedicated servers for minecraft-related stuff and haven't had any hitches so far, best experience I had running servers.

Make a LTT World with every one in it.. Where is Linus :P

*Edit

can you guys make a link and pack to play minecraft ? Like a Tutorial ?

2 minutes ago, ThaDiode said:

Make a LTT World with every one in it.. Where is Linus :P

*Edit

can you guys make a link and pack to play minecraft ? Like a Tutorial ?

There's a dozen of tutorials on YouTube on how to buy/play Minecraft.

For a tl;dr - buy the game, download the launcher, play it. ?

15 hours ago, Aetherix said:

Have you guys decided what server variants you intend to use? (i.e. vanilla, towny, factions, creative, plots, etc)

i hope for some modpacks. without too many plugins that make it feel like a clusterf**k

58 minutes ago, KingPungy said:

i hope for some modpacks. without too many plugins that make it feel like a clusterf**k

Mods can get a bit... overpowered

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

This right here is what the community really wants. Tech YouTubers providing them entertaining videos AND the service of a speedy Minecraft server.

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚

The thing that made my Minecraft server more responsive was running it from a RAM disk.

This is a good tutorial, including startup scripts and cron jobs for backups.

Depending on the number of players and how explorative they are, this can take up several gigabytes (world size on disk, plus logs).

Another thing that added some "bonus value" to the server was Minecraft Overviewer.

The rendering can be quite time intensive. Especially if you do it for all directions and day and night.

I had cron jobs for incremental updates every night and a full rerendering from Sunday to Monday night.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,

it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

23 hours ago, Chachie247 said:

Would love a little LTT shopping district on the server

I agree

23 hours ago, avrona said:

Why the PCIe 4.0 NVMes if you are running on Z390 and not X570?

Until I just read that I had completely accepted that they would just thermal throttle and not that they would only run at pcie 3.0 speeds... I think it's time for me to go to bed.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:42 PM, Plasma2451 said:

Yeah it doesn't matter if you're using the JDK or JRE increasing threads will do little to nothing when it comes to increasing performance of a minecraft server. The code base is heavily single threaded. Take a look if you want everything intensive (ticks) are processed on a single thread as they all have a specific order in which they need to be processed so multi-threading it is highly intensive.

I am part of an on going project to try and replicate this called MIMC.

You can see a web visualsation of what we're trying to achieve here.

Please not this is very much a work in progress and in no way intended for release usage.There are many bugs with world corruption likely to occur.

Now this is neat. Block handling and updating could probably easy be handled by multi servers having the exact same configuration and just sharing the same files. The problem would be parsing commands and player interactions between multiple instances... and handling rare oddities like duplicate account names. I'll definitely be giving this a follow.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I wanna see the maximum of this buddy. Well, a single server supports how many players at the same time playing and generating worlds with 20+ plugins running?

Well, I'm searching for a really powerful server.

/ | / /__  _________/ / /_____ _/ (_) /___  __
  /  |/ / _ \/ ___/ __  / __/ __ `/ / / __/ / / /
 / /|  /  __/ /  / /_/ / /_/ /_/ / / / /_/ /_/ / 
/_/ |_/\___/_/   \__,_/\__/\__,_/_/_/\__/\__, /  
                                        /____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, 「Neͥrdͣtͫality」noice to meet you... :3

On 10/22/2019 at 8:01 PM, jakkuh_t said:

Linus and Jake design and test fit our custom ULTIMATE LTT Minecraft server chassis.

When is part two coming?

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Use ViaVersion so 1.12 isnt the only version supported