Building the ULTIMATE Minecraft Server - Part 1

jakkuh_t

YES

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Let's be real. The only reason people are gonna play on this is because "oOoOoH lInUsH ShEbAsHtIaN mEiNcRaFt SeRvEr". I doubt you guys will have anything that other, older servers do better.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Hi, I'm from Planet Minecraft, and I'm here to review your Minecraft Server /s

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Let's be real. The only reason people are gonna play on this is because "oOoOoH lInUsH ShEbAsHtIaN mEiNcRaFt SeRvEr". I doubt you guys will have anything that other, older servers do better.

Let's be real, that's not why they did this. They did this for a video or two, that would also have the added benefit of giving it's community an ultra-fast Minecraft server, something that is fairly rare. I hate playing those "older servers" because their sooooo damn slooooow, and constantly getting pressured into buying ranks and sets and items.

If this is done right, and isn't money driven like those other servers, this could be an amazing choice. 

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

6 minutes ago, Shally said:

Let's be real, that's not why they did this. They did this for a video or two, that would also have the added benefit of giving it's community an ultra-fast Minecraft server, something that is fairly rare. I hate playing those "older servers" because their sooooo damn slooooow, and constantly getting pressured into buying ranks and sets and items.

If this is done right, and isn't money driven like those other servers, this could be an amazing choice. 

I don't feel pressured to by ranks on servers like Hypixel and Mineplex, and I've almost never had any lag on them. These servers aren't run on someone's personal PC; they're run on actual servers rented out by whoever runs the server.

Also, I feel like LTT wouldn't make it free. How would they earn money? They're putting lots of fast hardware, a fast internet connection, and probably a decent amount of electricity into this server. It's not a negligible amount of power and internet bandwidth.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I would love to play on this server. (Towny gamemode pls?:3)

Depending on what all is available and how it's set up I may join. I just hate how a lot of servers deep dive into financial plugins. Just let me claim some chunks in the wilderness as my own.

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Dont know if jake is ever going to read this but, will you use some kind of server managing software or not, i would use something like MineOS.

27 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I doubt you guys will have anything that other, older servers do better.

Perhaps a more mature server base? I predict a higher number of socks and sandals users than any other server at the very least.

1 minute ago, rcmaehl said:

Perhaps a more mature server base? I predict a higher number of socks and sandals users than any other server at the very least.

If the server is anything like their YouTube viewership I doubt it'll be more mature than servers like Hypixel and Mineplex.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Have you guys decided what server variants you intend to use? (i.e. vanilla, towny, factions, creative, plots, etc)

3 hours ago, Aetherix said:

Have you guys decided what server variants you intend to use? (i.e. vanilla, towny, factions, creative, plots, etc)

My thoughts:

Vanilla - Yes please, a couple plugins, anti-cheat, Commandhelper 2 for easy custom commands (if it's still in dev), ways to claim and protect a few chunks that requires renewal once a month or so. No financial plugins, just players trading items. 

Towny - Don't have enough experience to have an opinion

Factions - Toxicity, PVP, Obsidian bases

Creative - Redstone and Entity lag, TNT.

Plots - What is Ambiance? There's a lot more to minecraft than a superflat world with 32x32/64x64 chunks

Is it possible we can get the CAD design minus the LTT cover if we wanna remake this ourselves but suck at CAD? 

This is the first LTT video about which i'm going to talk smack.

There's no shortage of space. Look at how many cubic feet there are in your space.

Only in datacenters where you want to cram as much power into an expensive footprint.

Using such a small case with those tiny fans is such a waste if everything. Just get a pallet rack and go vertical if you want to save space.

2 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

My thoughts:

Vanilla - Yes please, a couple plugins, anti-cheat, Commandhelper 2 for easy custom commands (if it's still in dev), ways to claim and protect a few chunks that requires renewal once a month or so. No financial plugins, just players trading items. 

Towny - Don't have enough experience to have an opinion

Factions - Toxicity, PVP, Obsidian bases

Creative - Redstone and Entity lag, TNT.

Plots - What is Ambiance? There's a lot more to minecraft that a superflat world with 32x32/64x64 chunks

I agree. I've had a fair amount of experience both in playing and in developing servers over the years, and most variants outside of vanilla require a fair amount of experience and finesse to implement well.

Thankfully we have access to a massive library of tools to help dial in the experience we want--say in your creative critique, through permissions managers or world managers, redstone, entities, and tnt can all be disabled to negate the potential hardware constraints.

If anyone wants advice on server development or plugin recommendations, feel free to ask me. I've been doing this for a long time, and am currently working on an ambitious RPG server.

This doesn’t stand a chance against my... 2011 Mac Mini!

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Using some 905P SSDs would have performed better, their random performance is far higher than regular NVME SSDs. Even without raid.

Also with startup flags you can allow servers to use far more than 4GB of ram, which is absolutely necessary for when you have many people on the server, and even more if it's modded.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Using some 905P SSDs would have performed better, their random performance is far higher than regular NVME SSDs. Even without raid.

Also with startup flags you can allow servers to use far more than 4GB of ram, which is absolutely necessary for when you have many people on the server, and even more if it's modded.

Usually Java has problems with over 4GBs of RAM, in my experience.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

Just now, ImAlsoRan said:

Usually Java has problems with over 4GBs of RAM, in my experience.

Never had any issues with my servers with 16-32GB of ram.

Both vanilla and modded.

Maybe you messed up the flags in the batch file?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Lol. Just saw this video and strangely enough I had the same thought process about 2 years ago and built something similar but to use as a storage server. Never thought I'd see anyone else go this route as its quite a strange thing to do.

Have to be honest I am also guilty of dropping my own dual bay ress at one time which resulted in it cracking (bottom left corner):

IMAG0571.thumb.jpg.d087a8f5c055c6edf8878ad6e23fc6c9.jpg

R.I.P. ress.