Lian li pc o11 dynamic fan config

Ardy

I just ordered the case because I’m upgrading my pc and the new you won’t fit in my current case (meshify C) with the front aio and fans.

What I need to know is if anyone has this case with 3 fans at the bottom as Intake, 3 at the top as Intake with the aio at the top and 3 on the side as exhaust. This is the setup I would like to go and it kinda makes sense to me better than any other because both gpu and cpu would get fresh air and all the hot air would be exhausted on the side.

Thanks in advance

I have tried two different setups with 9 fans in my O11 Dynamic.

First setup:

Bottom + Top intake

Side exhaust with 360 aio

Current setup:

Bottom intake + Side intake with 360 aio

Top exhaust

My first setup worked perfectly fine but I wanted to try a different setup after I did my OC on my CPU.

The second setup gave me on average 5C better CPU temps and GPU temps were about the same. 

I would normally recommend top exhaust as all heat naturally rises. 

PClianlidyn29.jpg

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

2 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

would normally recommend top exhaust as all heat naturally rises. 

Yes this. I completely agree. It's better to exhaust up top as heat escapes above as heated air is lighter and cooler air is present lower, this intake takes in cooler air

2 hours ago, Boyohan said:

I would normally recommend top exhaust as all heat naturally rises. 

While this is true, heat does not rise with enough "force" for a lack of a better term to overcome or resist mechanical direction (in this case, a fan blowing air. There was a good article and demo showing this but I can find it now)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

While this is true, heat does not rise with enough "force" for a lack of a better term to overcome or resist mechanical direction (in this case, a fan blowing air. There was a good article and demo showing this but I can find it now)

Totally agree but it just feels like the most natural position to have your exhaust. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9.