Apple should be EMBARRASSED - Pixel 4 Review

James

With the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL, Google has managed to innovate with the camera yet again, delivering an experience that's more accurate and creative than the Apple iPhone 11 Pro.

I really wish you could title a video without unnecessarily putting down another company.

This is just as bad as the Pro Duo "Apple NEEDS to Innovate" review.

You've got two products that deserve to stand out on their own, but we have to hear about Apple in the title.

Guess clicks are just that important, but it's disappointing.

reviewers, pick your poison:

"It can charge from 0--100 less than two hours so battery life doesn't really matter much."

"Flagship non-XL pixel devices never had great battery life to begin with, so it's not surprising Google kept the tradition."

"Considering we have become addicted to smartphones, putting small battery can be good to manage digital wellbeing."

"If you can afford this phone, you can afford a battery bank. By the way, check out battery banks that sponsored our video below!"

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

If I have to buy an exceptionally worse phone for a marginally (at best) better camera, why should the guy making and selling an exceptionally better phone be embarassed?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I... expected the opposite review out of Linus. I figured he'd be far more critical of the device and basically wouldn't recommend it, especially given what other reviewers are talking about.

If the Pixel 4 and iPhone 11 were the only two devices in the market, I'd actually be more convinced by the iPhone 11. Fortunately they're not so I'm sitting on the idea of buying a 7T.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

There is nothing special about Pixel 4. It's actually a VERY sad device given it's made by freaking AUTHORS of the Android. So it has good software photo processing. And that's literally about it. Ok and give them the transcribing of recordings, that is alright. But everything else... come on, it just looks so sad. And with that forehead, I'll always think it's up side down.

The radar thing, face unlock is very flawed and they say they'll fix it and that swyping gestures are total gimmick if not actually a bad feature. Imagine swining in front of a phone to shut off alarm. And then continue sleeping... It's literally counter intuitive. Point of alarms being difficult to turn of is so that you actually wake up. I mean, that's what I usually need it. And I'll say it again, FaceID on iOS 13 is flawless experience. It's super fast and seamless. When you lift it, it's instantly unlocked. I can't imagine it being any faster...

People give shit to Apple all the time, but I'm still on XR and I love the experience. Sure it has few dumb things like Safari default browser and absolute lack of file/folder manager, but that's really the only thing I can complain.

@Suika

If I haven't ditched Android entirely coz of shitty Google practices, I'd be either using Xiaomi Mi9T/Redmi K20 Pro or some OnePlus phone. I actually liked feature rich MIUI. And OnePlus because it's proven fast and reliable. Even long term which is always problem with Android phones that just get slow for no logical reason.

Whyyy does it say "apple should be embarassed" on the forum and "google may have cut too many corners" on the actual video?

Sounds to me that the only one that should be embarassed here by cutting too much corners (or cutting too much communication) is LMG.

But hey whatever floats your boat.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

If I haven't ditched Android entirely coz of shitty Google practices, I'd be either using Xiaomi Mi9T/Redmi K20 Pro or some OnePlus phone. I actually liked feature rich MIUI. And OnePlus because it's proven fast and reliable. Even long term which is always problem with Android phones that just get slow for no logical reason.

Admittedly, if I was legitimately concerned with what Google has been doing, I wouldn't consider an Apple iPhone either.

I currently have a OnePlus 6T, so I don't have any urgency in getting a new phone, I just want one. The Pixel 4 XL and 7T only caught my attention because of the high refresh rate displays, but I couldn't consider the Pixel 4 XL until it got a massive price cut. At this point in time, I legitimately can't consider an iPhone 11 because I rely too heavily on a couple Android apps, as tempting as the 11 Pro is.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Since recently, I watch dbrand ads just to see Linus reaction about his referral link dbrand.com/linusdroptips 

42 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Whyyy does it say "apple should be embarassed" on the forum and "google may have cut too many corners" on the actual video?

Sounds to me that the only one that should be embarassed here by cutting too much corners (or cutting too much communication) is LMG.

But hey whatever floats your boat.

Because it's more an attack against Apple people that buy iphone 11 only for their camera to make pictures (instead of iphone X), which Pixel 4 totally destroys them at. 

As for their OS & sensors, I believe LMG pointed out all the faults, don't believe they cut corners unlike mkbhd.

Besides who need these phones, when you have ASUS ROG phone II, 'so far having a great experience. 

1 minute ago, Strategic said:

Because it's more an attack against Apple people that buy iphone 11 only for their camera to make pictures (instead of iphone XR), which Pixel 4 totally destroys them at. 

As for their IOS & sensors, I believe LMG pointed out all the faults, don't believe they cut corners unlike mkbhd. 

But at the same time the Pixel 4 goes full note 7 by limiting the storage to 128gigs and no sd card slot because after all those 100's of dollars you spent on a brand new phone, google still wants your 2 dollars a month because apparently what you paid for the phone was somehow not enough for them.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, Strategic said:

which Pixel 4 totally destroys them at. 

Not until you realize that the Pixel 4 packs a smaller battery compared to the iPhone 11. Even disabling the 90Hz refresh rate still causes crappy battery life as said by other reviews.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

11 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Not until you realize that the Pixel 4 packs a smaller battery compared to the iPhone 11. Even disabling the 90Hz refresh rate still causes crappy battery life as said by other reviews.

For me it seems pixel 4 (xl) is only good for taking pictures and if sensor works perfectly it could have been their 2nd selling point. I wouldn't buy a pixel 4 generally, because they're normally just mediocre on all fronts, but found it interesting that they've improved on their camera to the point it competes with iphone.   I have different priorities when it comes to phones (headphone jack, 6000 mah battery, 120 hz display amoled, 7nm cpu (lower battery usage), storage). 

Either they had an argument in LMG, couldnt decide on a title, and now two people are trying to force their opinion onto the other one. Or they ridicule us viewers. Or whoever was in charge for the youtube upload copy/pasted the wrong title. Or whoever was in charge for this picked the wrong forum topic title. Pick one. Either way, those title changes are annoying.

>Google removes lots of features Linus praised

>Phone has a larger forehead than jerryrigeverything

>Admits that googles biometrics are slow

>Only has the same camera count as Apples cheapest iPhone 11, at $100 more

>At its best matches the iPhone 11 or 11 Pro, and usually falls short

>Ultra buggy software launch

>Lower capacity battery than an iPhone with Androids abhorrent battery management

>Less storage than an iPhone, with Android taking more space by itself and more expensive cloud storage

>"Apple should be EMBARRASSED"

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

There is nothing special about Pixel 4. It's actually a VERY sad device given it's made by freaking AUTHORS of the Android. So it has good software photo processing. And that's literally about it. Ok and give them the transcribing of recordings, that is alright. But everything else... come on, it just looks so sad. And with that forehead, I'll always think it's up side down.

The radar thing, face unlock is very flawed and they say they'll fix it and that swyping gestures are total gimmick if not actually a bad feature. Imagine swining in front of a phone to shut off alarm. And then continue sleeping... It's literally counter intuitive. Point of alarms being difficult to turn of is so that you actually wake up. I mean, that's what I usually need it. And I'll say it again, FaceID on iOS 13 is flawless experience. It's super fast and seamless. When you lift it, it's instantly unlocked. I can't imagine it being any faster...

People give shit to Apple all the time, but I'm still on XR and I love the experience. Sure it has few dumb things like Safari default browser and absolute lack of file/folder manager, but that's really the only thing I can complain.

@Suika

If all a phone could be sold on is the camera, I agree thats quite disappointing as most phones have a decent enough camera for most people, although iphones get that same praise while everyone ignores the outdated notch on the iphone 11.

Or... you could just use a fingerprint reader, which is just as fast and you don't have to be looking directly at the device. Having faceID isn't a "flawless experience" as I still consider it a flaw that the phone will always unlock if I hold it near my face, so having having a fingerprint reader is still more preferable to me, I'd never seriously consider a phone without it.

Not being free to chose your own browser and the lack or a file manager nowadays is a huge compromise for going from one companies bad business practices to support another companies bad business practices, but to each their own.

And I'm not surprised LTT is still exploiting the Youtube algorithm with stupid clickbait, not sure why people are still angry about it.

3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

apple should be embarassed was the original title of the video. i guess they changed it after people complained. 

She/Her

Changing the title was a step in the right direction, but a pinned comment explaining why the change happened would have made it that much more meaningful.

unfortunately click bait is how you get views and the youtube algorithm's favor nowadays. at the beginning i hated channels with clickbait titles and would never watch them again if they started using click bait titles but as more people i watch started doing them i am more understanding of it now

64gb starting capacity and 128gb maximum capacity.

Tiny battery that won't get you through an entire day.

No more full resolution photo storage.

I expect this kind of thing from Apple, not from Google.