Cheap electronics on the dark web for coins?

Hello LTT Community!

I know this is a bit offtopic but this is the only subforum on this site that kind of matches my question, so here it goes:

Does anybody here have any experience with buying electronics and PC parts on the darknet? I'm not sure if it's ok to post the URL here, but one site can be accessed at https://tormarket.net . They sell some very cheap apple devices and computer parts, a 3900X is going for 300 dollars for example. There's some other cool stuff too.

So my question is, has anybody got any experience buying from them? What was it like? Were the items genuine as described, or is there a catch?

Thanks in advance!

Personally I would stay away.

There are scammers on eBay and Amazon, now imagine a marketplace where the buyer has no recourse or ways to get a refund !!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

If the deal sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.  I would stay with places that at least provide some protection and agree with @wkdpaul.  I would definitely stay away.

Im going to see your title, and ask why you used the word "coins" - if you are meaning exchanging a crypto currency for PC parts - it could be legit but if you even HAVE coins you should realize how silly this question is, unless you KNOW its a legit website - even if its on the dark web.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

7 hours ago, Tristerin said:

Im going to see your title, and ask why you used the word "coins" - if you are meaning exchanging a crypto currency for PC parts - it could be legit but if you even HAVE coins you should realize how silly this question is, unless you KNOW its a legit website - even if its on the dark web.

They only accept bags of pennies, which is what he means by coins

/s

i like trains 🙂

4 hours ago, Tristerin said:

[Someone Who Isn't Me] is used to buying and receiving certain stuff from the darknet and being happy with it. Hasn't anyone really tried this site?

• 1 month later...

There’s plenty of you tube videos on this topic, even ted talks. Turns out those site live and dye very quickly based on reviews. Being in a first world country I would question the origin of these items because they are being sold over tor. Probably “fell off the back of a truck” type items.  

• 3 weeks later...

Order from them on the 15th, should arrive on the 29th. I've spent almost $750, and I'm really holding my fingers crossed on that one ?

I've received a tracking number and all, but it's been stuck at the same place for 4 or 5 days now, I am getting worried honestly

Can anybody put me at ease and tell me they're legit??? Or should I not expect anything? :|

• 4 weeks later...