Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sademike

Buying my first low buget gaming pc. Tell me your opinion, is it worth to buy it?

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hey guys.

I really don't know much about PC's but i lately i been watching a lot of "Linus Tech Tips" YT channel. So here I am, buying my first PC (used) in 2 weeks. I post the specs down here and tell me is it worth it. NOTE: I am not looking to buy a PC that is the best of the best, i am looking for PC that run most of the games (BUDGET) (PUBG, GTAV, FORZA etc.) Please tell me your opinion about that PC and can it run those games?

SPECS:

CPU:
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.00GHz

RAM:
16gb Single Channel ddr3 800MHz

MOTHERBOARD:
MSI B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850)

GRAPHICS:
HISENSE (3840X2160@30Hz)
2047mb NVIDIA GEForce GTX 1660 Ti (Gigabyte)

OPTICAL DRIVES:
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

AUDIO:
NVIDIA High Definiton Audio

STORAGE:
111GB INTEL SSDSC2BW120A4 (Sata (ssd))
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0

EDIT Forgot to add that I get the the whole package: PC, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse with 500EUR.

Monitor: https://www.cnet.com/products/fujitsu-b24w-6-led-led-monitor-24/?fbclid=IwAR3EzUmuCd88i0pFo4SqOjK92Wzh-9begI8jxDgVoFlV5Zg47gbmVzu5yd0

Thank you for your time. I appriciate it.

Edited by sademike
Forgot to add monitor etc

I think that's a good system, if it is cheap for the MB and CPU then it's a great deal. If you OC the CPU you can get nice fast clock speeds that will boost CPU performance while gaming.

Noctua NF or Corsair ML? ‖ PSU Tier List

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS Remember to 'Reply' to comments in order for people to see them, this can be done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds

Blueberry Pi : R7 3800X ‖ Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX ‖ Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16GB 3200MHz ‖ EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB ‖ EVGA 850W P2 ‖ Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue) ‖ Corsair ML Blue LED Fans ‖ Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Gaming PC (Updated) : i7-8700k OC@5.0GHz (Delid) ‖ Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX ‖ Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz ‖ EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB ‖ EVGA 750W P2 ‖ Corsair H100i Pro ‖ Corsair ML RGB Fans ‖ Corsair Crystal 280x mATX Case

Mini Work PC: R7 1700 ‖ Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX ‖ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White) ‖ Asus RX 580 Dual Series 8GB ‖ Corsair SF 450W ‖ Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB ‖ Silverstone Sugo SG13WB Mini ITX Case

Mini Home PC : i7-6700k ‖ MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX ‖ G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU ‖ Cryorig C7 ‖ Velka 3 rev 1.2 Mini ITX Case (Grey)

Laptop: Dell XPS13 (2017) ‖ i7-7550U ‖ 16GB DDR3 RAM ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ 1TB NVME M.2 ‖ QHD+ (4K) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Sold PC's: Big White

2 minutes ago, JM21 said:

If you OC the CPU

Overclocking with this motherboard is not recommended.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 minutes ago, sademike said:

CPU:
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.00GHz

RAM:
16gb Single Channel ddr3 800MHz

MOTHERBOARD:
MSI B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850)

compare these cost with a ryzen 1600, b350/b450 , gskill aegis ram

I mean.. you are buying into something ‘dead’ like ddr3. 

For a complete package price I suppose €500 is not bad, I do hope tho the monitor can do 1080P 60hz as you don’t want to be stuck on 4K 30hz (your GPU won’t handle 4K well)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Posted · Original PosterOP

@Stormseeker9 I linked the monitor down in the edit.

btw, can i change the "dead" ddr3 for something better in later future when i am going to do some upgrades? Also how much is the chaning price for new piece approximately?

59 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Overclocking with this motherboard is not recommended.

Hey, But does the PC run the games i mentioned there? and with what graphics?

1 hour ago, JM21 said:

I think that's a good system, if it is cheap for the MB and CPU then it's a great deal. If you OC the CPU you can get nice fast clock speeds that will boost CPU performance while gaming.

Hey, But does the PC run the games i mentioned there? and with what graphics?

30 minutes ago, sademike said:

@Stormseeker9 I linked the monitor down in the edit.

btw, can i change the "dead" ddr3 for something better in later future when i am going to do some upgrades? Also how much is the chaning price for new piece approximately?

No because it’s linked to the generation of motherboard / cpu. 

You wont be able to do much upgrading on this system in the future. 

And the monitor.. odd thing. 82hz refresh rate  horizontally  and 76hz refresh vertically, not sure what that is supposed to mean lol. and a 1920*1200 resolution ? 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

I'd say it's a good deal for 500 bucks complete thing with monitor and all. I mean, just that GTX 1660Ti alone is like a very huge chunk of that price.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

I'd say it's a good deal for 500 bucks complete thing with monitor and all. I mean, just that GTX 1660Ti alone is like a very huge chunk of that price.

Thanks for comment :)